What "Extras" did your dealer try to stick you with?

Bworks3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus RX 300
I just bought my LX and the dealer wrote in $895 for a package of extras they had already installed on the car. Package included nitrogen, mud guards, door edge guards, fender guards, and wheel locks.

I said "take off the $895 because I don't want any of those things and I'm not paying for them."

He said "but they're already on the car, we can't take them off."

:bs:

I said "then leave them on, but I'm not paying for them."

He said "ok, then we'll only charge you our cost for the items: $300."

I said "you're not listening, I said I'm not paying for them."

He said "but they cost us money and we can't take them off."

At this point I walked back out to the car to look at the door and fender guards since I had not paid too much attention to them while I was testing the car. I agreed that they might be worth some money so I would pay a little for them.

He said "ok, that's $195"

:doh:

I said "they're not worth that much to me, I'll give you $75."

He said "but that's less than they cost us."

I said "then take them off."

He said "we can't take them off."

I said "do you want to sell the car?"

He accepted my offer of $75 for the door and fender guards.

Now, go back through that again and add 'he goes back to the sales manager's office for 5 minutes' after every time you read 'I said,' because that happened too.

After I signed the deal, the salesman came up to me and said, "we're not taking any of the other stuff off (nitrogen, mud guards, wheel locks) because it costs too much in labor. You can just have them."

:rolleyes1:

I removed the wheel locks when I took delivery and gave them back to him. It took me about 1 minute per wheel.

So what's your story??
That was pretty hardcore. :headbang: You scare me!
Sponsored