1.5T What else should I replace while “I'm in there”?

David16touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic touring, 2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring FWD.
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys, so I will be getting my leaking head gasket replaced as soon as it comes in from cometic. I was wondering if there’s anything else that should be replaced while my motor is half torn apart lol.

I already have small list of parts that I already ordered/ have in my possession:

Head Gasket from cometic

Valve cover gasket also from cometic

Fresh set of new OEM fuel injectors( I run ethanol and want to have piece of mind and also when I try to do a pull on ~30% ethanol the car feels like it’s breaking up but when I do a pull on full 93 It doesn’t feel as much but you can still feel it)

Fuel joint pipe to prevent any leaks. (Per recommendation from local Honda dealer)

Throttle body gasket and intake manifold gaskets(Also recommendation from Local Honda dealer)

Head bolts

Not a part but getting a valve adjustment done as well.

Non-necessary items also getting done at the same time ?

Installing 62A Rear motor mount from Hasport

Getting my catted PRL catted downpipe put back on since I had to take it off for emissions.

Any inputs for necessary and non-necessary items would definitely be appreciated! If it helps I have a 2016 Honda Civic touring with the CVT.( and yes, I’ve already had to replace my trans after beating on it so much after getting my flex fuel kit installed lol)

Hope all of my fellow CivicX owners are staying safe!
Sponsored

• Wow
Reactions: Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any inputs for necessary and non-necessary items would definitely be appreciated! If it helps I have a 2016 Honda Civic touring with the CVT.( and yes, I’ve already had to replace my trans after beating on it so much after getting my flex fuel kit installed lol)

Hope all of my fellow CivicX owners are staying safe!
So you've had to replace the transmission before having to replace your connecting rods. ?? Interesting!

@xjoshuax89 Heads up! This guy is 'flexxing'.

OP
OP
David16touring

David16touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So you've had to replace the transmission before having to replace your connecting rods. ?? Interesting!

@xjoshuax89 Heads up! This guy is 'flexxing'.
Yeah the trans breaking was a terrible experience because towards the very end of its life the car was shutting off at intersections coming to a stop and even then it wouldn’t start up every time, got a ton of people honking at me that last week lol but I got mine replaced with one that came out of another civic that had 25k~ while my vehicle at the time had a little under 70k. I’ll do bbg soon so my rods aren’t in such a hurry to leave the block ?

• Wow
Reactions: Myx

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Yeah the trans breaking was a terrible experience because towards the very end of its life the car was shutting off at intersections coming to a stop and even then it wouldn’t start up every time, got a ton of people honking at me that last week lol but I got mine replaced with one that came out of another civic that had 25k~ while my vehicle at the time had a little under 70k. I’ll do bbg soon so my rods aren’t in such a hurry to leave the block ?
CVT failure is the main concern and reason why I flashed back Hondata +6 PSI basemap (with slight adjustment on AFM) from TSP Tune Stage 1. I'm worry because TSP Tune Stage 1 for Non SI has peak boost of 23 PSI and Torque limit setting higher than 300 Nm from 3000 RPM.

Would you mind sharing your boost pressure setting, and if you happened dyno your car, what was your max torque?

OP
OP
David16touring

David16touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
CVT failure is the main concern and reason why I flashed back Hondata +6 PSI basemap (with slight adjustment on AFM) from TSP Tune Stage 1. I'm worry because TSP Tune Stage 1 for Non SI has peak boost of 23 PSI and Torque limit setting higher than 300 Nm from 3000 RPM.

Would you mind sharing your boost pressure setting, and if you happened dyno your car, what was your max torque?
I just have it on the Ktuner basemap with Flex fuel added. I’ve seen it spike to 23 but for the most part max is 21 psi. I have not put it on the dyno so not sure how much power. I wouldn’t be too worried about the TSP tune, I’ve heard a lot of people run it with no issues even on the CVT

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd wrap that downpipe for better heat management.
Kind of scary to read that just enabling flex fuel on a base map may have been a contributing factor to your CVT failure. Did you do many brake-boost then WOT starts?

How soon after enabling flex fuel did you have CVT issues/damage?

I just installed my flex fuel kit and a few days ago applied my highester performance custom tune. It's got BBG but a 24psi max toward the upper-mid rpm range on 3/4/5th gearing. I only tried out level/slot 1 and 2... Didn't want to jump into my aggressive 3rd level/slot on my most performant tune before getting a good feel and baseline after some good use and miles.

OP
OP
David16touring

David16touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd wrap that downpipe for better heat management.
Kind of scary to read that just enabling flex fuel on a base map may have been a contributing factor to your CVT failure. Did you do many brake-boost then WOT starts?

How soon after enabling flex fuel did you have CVT issues/damage?

I just installed my flex fuel kit and a few days ago applied my highester performance custom tune. It's got BBG but a 24psi max toward the upper-mid rpm range on 3/4/5th gearing. I only tried out level/slot 1 and 2... Didn't want to jump into my aggressive 3rd level/slot on my most performant tune before getting a good feel and baseline after some good use and miles.
Funny you mention that cause I got some heat wrap to wrap the downpipe not that long ago. No I didn’t really launch the car I did do a lot of back to back pulls though.

Dank23

505Hatch
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How's your Civic been after all the repairs? Any issues?
Sponsored