First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Country flag
Hello CTR community!

I’ve searched the forums for suspension options and “bundles” of parts that I may need to buy together.

I’m looking to build myself a street / canyon carver car so I’ve decided to go with the spoon sport springs, and bumpsteer correction kit for my first suspension tweaks. I understand the OE setup is near perfect for street / canyon carving but I want to get rid of the wheel gap but also want to do what I need in order for the car to handle just like OEM

My question is at what lowering amount are rear camber arms required or strongly recommended to dial out some of the added camber from lowering the car and do the spoon springs qualify for that.

Thx in advance
Dag
Sponsored

bdwebb2

First Name
Braydon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Welcome to CivicX.com!

I will preface this answer by explaining that I do not have first-hand experience with lowering a CTR, as I have only owned (and modified) a 19 Sport sedan and 20 Si sedan, but given the relative similarities between the rear suspension designs in the Si and Type R, I feel fairly confident in the following recommendation: just go ahead and get the rear adjustable camber arms if you care at all about the cosmetics or handling characteristics of the car. I ran two sets of lowering springs, both of which only provided a modest drop (~1" of drop from both the Eibach Sportline springs on my 19 Sport as well as the Swift springs on the 20 Si), and both were pushing -4 degrees of camber with stock arms, which is objectively excessive, unless it is a track-only car.

Sleepy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 CW
Country flag
Depends on your preference, but you’re changing the suspension geometry so might as well get the LCA’s.

Siqc Cafe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, 2000 Celica GT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Now will this rule of theory apply to lowering any of the other models of gen x civics?

Assuming modest drop of say 1in?

bdwebb2

First Name
Braydon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Now will this rule of theory apply to lowering any of the other models of gen x civics?

Assuming modest drop of say 1in?
As per my previous response, I would say this *especially* goes for all other trim levels.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Are camber arms necessary? No. Are they recommended? Yes. I’ve found that most FK8s will naturally settle around -2.5 to -3 degrees in the rear with just lowering springs. It’s up to you to decide how much camber is acceptable for your usage case. I daily and track my car with -2.5 rear camber without issue.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are camber arms necessary? No. Are they recommended? Yes. I’ve found that most FK8s will naturally settle around -2.5 to -3 degrees in the rear with just lowering springs. It’s up to you to decide how much camber is acceptable for your usage case. I daily and track my car with -2.5 rear camber without issue.
what camber do you have in the front ?? thanks

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
what camber do you have in the front ?? thanks
Currently on -3.5 but will be going to -3.8 on the next alignment. This is an aggressive track alignment which is suited towards running lower hot pressures on A052 tires
Sponsored