What does your tuned 2.0 beat?

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
True but the mustang I was looking at would have cost me 30k out the door plus I didn’t like the interior of the mustang
Yeah you can find them for $24-26k but those interiors are complete garbage at that price point. To get a even decently nicely specced one it would be around $28k most likely
Sponsored

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Yeah you can find them for $24-26k but those interiors are complete garbage at that price point. To get a even decently nicely specced one it would be around $28k most likely
I’ve seen the prices like that online but the dealership I went to was a little more because the next ford dealership is about an hour away and both directions to be perfectly honest with you owning fords in the past the Honda is more reliable

OP
OP
integraboi

integraboi

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport, Mk4 Jetta VR6
Country flag
I wouldn't even try to compete in a straight line with anything, haha - I've really only done suspension mods to my Sport and I feel like that's where it's only potential is.

I've never really been too upset about it though, after all the Civic is an economy car in the end, can't really expect it to keep up with actual performance cars on 0-60 drag races.
Oh I totally understand, I was just curious.

I love how the tuned NA feels.... I was taking it on some back roads today and it really does feel like classic Honda.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Oh I totally understand, I was just curious.

I love how the tuned NA feels.... I was taking it on some back roads today and it really does feel like classic Honda.
Honestly none are really meant to be fast except the type R. But they are fun cars to drive and still manage great mpg. I am like you and prefer the NA over the turbo. I have a blast driving my 2.0 NA. I just wish I could squeeze an extra 30-40 hp out of it and it would be perfect. But nobody makes any real performance parts for it. Mine is tuned and that’s really all that is available right now. But I wouldn’t be challenging much in a straight line. These are light on their feet kinda cars, and it’s really the overall performance you get for the price and not to mention great mpg.

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
Ktuned, high flow RV6 cat, 2.5" custom catback, K&N intake, lighter 18" rims, wider Z rated tires. It's significantly more "zippy" than stock. My wife had the same car for a couple of years until we upgraded her to the CRV, and we kept hers at stock. Acceleration and top-end were quite different. I really wish I could have kept the catless, as that made a monster difference in the lower/middle and top-end of the power band, but alas. I still don't think it's going to be beating most cars out there (besides your Corolla's and Kia's), but there is a monstrous difference in getting ahead of or around in traffic after the various bolt-ons and tune.

Last edited:

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR, 2019 Honda Civic EX 1.5T (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
aFe released their intake for the 2.0 so theres that too
Honda Civic 10th gen What does your tuned 2.0 beat? 1586212571949

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
True but the mustang I was looking at would have cost me 30k out the door plus I didn’t like the interior of the mustang
Agreed with that. I looked at a Stang before I bought my Civic and didn’t car for the cramped interior, then the dealership was playing games and pissed me right the fuck off. That engine was a beast though.

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
1.5t has 16 hp more then the 2.0l I drove both before I bought my sport maybe me but I really didn't feel that much difference. Both are slow fun cars enjoy what u have.if u wanted to race u should bought a car with 300 and over hp love that saying lol the point is I want to have the fastest civic sport cvt out of all of them I know I can't beat a m3 or a z
With the 1.5t it’s all about the range where it makes power and how easy it is to mod. It pulls pretty well from 4000-5500 rpm and you’re basically an intake away from keeping up with “warm” hatches akin to Fiesta ST, Veloster Turbos, and the like. I’ve even dragged against a couple of newer WRXs and although they certainly beat me every time, it’s not an embarrassment like you would think.

What helps is that at the LX/Sport trims of the hatch, the Civic is really light compared to other cars. Any power you add to them or weight you take out will be immediately felt and they’ll start punching above their weight class.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Agreed with that. I looked at a Stang before I bought my Civic and didn’t car for the cramped interior, then the dealership was playing games and pissed me right the fuck off. That engine was a beast though.
I’ve had family and friends that bought fords was over the years and almost every ford dealership play stupid games don’t know why:dunno:

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I think a 10th gen 2.0 6MT(running KTuner) vs a 99-2000 Si would be a real close match.
Oh yeah no doubt.. that is if it isn’t built, but by “minus Si’s” I was leaning more towards talking about the 8th gen Si’s

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’ve had family and friends that bought fords was over the years and almost every ford dealership play stupid games don’t know why:dunno:
I seriously don’t know. This was the second bad experience I had with a Ford dealership. The previous one was just straight up lying to my face. I’ll never buy a car from them.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The current K20C2 has almost the exact same specs as a 7th gen Sis K20A3. Power... torque... it’s powerband.... redline. They bumped up its compression to make it a little more efficient, but if you compare their specs... they’re very... very close.

I’m not sure that it’s variant of VTEC is the same as the eVTEC or whatever they called it on the A3s since the A3 was the weak engine while the A2 in the type S RSX that got revised and moved on to the later type Ss... then went over to the 8th gen Sis. Differences in VTEC or not... their specs are pretty identical. I had one of those cars for awhile side by side with a type S. It was punchy, especially in the light car... but was pretty lacking compared to the A2. Before the A2s crossover... they were pretty similar. After the hotter VTEC profile? It kind of fell flat on its face comparatively... then reached redline early. I’d say it’d still compare pretty well up to highway speeds with any other FWD 4 cylinder turbo or N/A car... since they’re all gimped with poor traction. Once you’re out of 2nd and into 3rd... the lack of power would be telling. Before then though? Meh. It’s a good engine... should make all the right sounds and feel good to push as hard as it’s willing to go.

I liked mine and had Honda opted to give us another ~200 hp high revving K20 or had massaged a little more out of the outgoing K24Z7 which was an ok engine as well... I’d probably have still stayed in a CivicX. The older Ks did have character the Ls lack. I’m sure they only gave the weaker K to provide trim differentiation. A ~200 hp K vs a ~200 hp would have been cool..

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
All I heard for years how the vtec was such a great and powerful motor.also 1.5t has 24 more torque I believe it's not the 2.0l motor I believe it's the cvt trans that sucks
The CVT is the only available auto for the civic other than a 6 speed manual. From what I understand Honda and Toyota are the two auto manufacturers that have a better CVT than other manufacturers. Plus the CVT has the best mileage for now so CVT transmission will be the norm. If I didn’t have a injured knee I would be driving a SI coupe

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The CVT is the only available auto for the civic other than a 6 speed manual. From what I understand Honda and Toyota are the two auto manufacturers that have a better CVT than other manufacturers. Plus the CVT has the best mileage for now so CVT transmission will be the norm. If I didn’t have a injured knee I would be driving a SI coupe
I’ve driven a few CVTs and the Honda Civic easily has the best due to being made by Yamaha, who has a lot of experience with them for their bikes and ATVs. The only thing that bothers me about it is that the ECU is all over the place. Performance just isn’t consistent and I never know how it will react.
Sponsored