integraboi

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport, Mk4 Jetta VR6
Country flag
Did a 60 roll with a stock 1.5T and he pulled away from me... I'm curious, what is the tuned 2.0L capable of beating?
Sponsored

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
A corolla lol, older 90’s to early 2000’s Honda’s (minus Si’s)

OP
OP
integraboi

integraboi

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport, Mk4 Jetta VR6
Country flag
A corolla lol, older 90’s to early 2000’s Honda’s (minus Si’s)
So this is why everyone is telling me I wasted $750 lol. Do you own one?

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The 2.0 NA? No I have the 1.5T, as soon as I saw Honda had a turbo I wanted the turbo. Just waited a couple years because you never buy the first few generation change ups because of course bugs and fixes that appear with first generation 10th gens. 2019 they finally changed the radio to buttons and that’s when I pulled the trigger lol

Vexels

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wouldn't even try to compete in a straight line with anything, haha - I've really only done suspension mods to my Sport and I feel like that's where it's only potential is.

I've never really been too upset about it though, after all the Civic is an economy car in the end, can't really expect it to keep up with actual performance cars on 0-60 drag races.

Bosco72

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic coupe sport
Country flag
1.5t has 16 hp more then the 2.0l I drove both before I bought my sport maybe me but I really didn't feel that much difference. Both are slow fun cars enjoy what u have.if u wanted to race u should bought a car with 300 and over hp love that saying lol the point is I want to have the fastest civic sport cvt out of all of them I know I can't beat a m3 or a z

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
The 2.0 NA? No I have the 1.5T, as soon as I saw Honda had a turbo I wanted the turbo. Just waited a couple years because you never buy the first few generation change ups because of course bugs and fixes that appear with first generation 10th gens. 2019 they finally changed the radio to buttons and that’s when I pulled the trigger lol
Honda is the only manufacturer that has a affordable turbo coupe
looking for a turbocharged coupe is hard to come by today
but I’ll disagree on the stereo knobs. They could have integrated the knobs and buttons better it just looks like a add on my coupe is a 2018 which has no knobs which gives it a more modern look :cool:

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
1.5t has 16 hp more then the 2.0l I drove both before I bought my sport maybe me but I really didn't feel that much difference. Both are slow fun cars enjoy what u have.if u wanted to race u should bought a car with 300 and over hp love that saying lol the point is I want to have the fastest civic sport cvt out of all of them I know I can't beat a m3 or a z
I drove a 2.0 ET and my 1.5 turbo there is quite a difference in power plus torque

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
but I’ll disagree on the stereo knobs. They could have integrated the knobs and buttons better it just looks like a add on my coupe is a 2018 which has no knobs which gives it a more modern look :cool:
I'd say the Ecoboost Mustang and the Camaro with the 2.0T are also affordable turbo coupes tbh

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'd say the Ecoboost Mustang and the Camaro with the 2.0T are also affordable turbo coupes tbh
True but the mustang I was looking at would have cost me 30k out the door plus I didn’t like the interior of the mustang

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My friend had a 2017 Si and he would always complain about those touch sensitive “buttons” lol, plus I like the volume knob

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Actually it's a lot more than the claimed 16hp. Honda definitely understated the 1.5 turbo's power as many dynos have shown. The real difference though is in torque. Turbos are torque monsters compared to the 2.0NA where you have to go to fairly high rpm to really get into the power.

Last edited:

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
^ & to add to what he said... tuning a turbo car nets a higher hp gain than tuning a naturally aspirated engine. When I first got hondata a +6 psi tune and I was already at Si hp numbers and all I had to do was use premium fuel. Where as a NA engine requires bolt ons to free up some hp along with a tune and the gains aren’t as significant as they are on the 1.5T, but in the end of the day any HP increase is winning

Bosco72

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic coupe sport
Country flag
All I heard for years how the vtec was such a great and powerful motor.also 1.5t has 24 more torque I believe it's not the 2.0l motor I believe it's the cvt trans that sucks
Sponsored