What does the Sport Sedan have that the others don't?

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I know that they offer a 6MT option and have a teeny rear spoiler, but I was wondering how the specs rank next to the EX or something of that nature.

Clearly it's not an Si, but now I'm like feuding over with somebody else how the Si is far different than the Sport... then again, I don't actually know what the Sport offers on its own. Is it mostly just in the styling?

Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The sport coupe/sedan doesn't have the 1.5T. Instead, it's equipped with the 2.0 N/A engine. It's just... "sportier" with its center mount mini-HDMI exhaust, I guess. Prolly some other cosmetic things, but nothing major.

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
I know that they offer a 6MT option and have a teeny rear spoiler, but I was wondering how the specs rank next to the EX or something of that nature.

Clearly it's not an Si, but now I'm like feuding over with somebody else how the Si is far different than the Sport... then again, I don't actually know what the Sport offers on its own. Is it mostly just in the styling?

Any help would be appreciated.
The Sport has different suspension bits than the LX. It has the 2.0NA engine instead of the 1.5T which is a bunch slower and a small bit worse on fuel but is probably more reliable in the long run. It has cool wheels that are almost identical to the Si wheels except they're grayish instead of brushed aluminum silvery on the Si and Touring. It also has the tiny trunklid spoiler you mentioned. Other than that it doesn't have heated seats, has the less powerful audio system, and no LED headlights. I may have missed something

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
If you are interested in it, I recommend the manual transmission. I have the LX with the manual transmission and it’s a blast to drive.

OP
OP
MuffinMcFluffin

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
It has 550hp, 0 to 60 in 1.5 sec.
Seems legit.

If you are interested in it, I recommend the manual transmission. I have the LX with the manual transmission and it’s a blast to drive.
I actually have a 2019 Si. I helped somebody get an EX, but they wanted to be sure they didn't get the sport model because it has the little bump spoiler in the back. I said they must've put it on your EX because other things don't seem to align with the sport model. They were mostly curious because they said the owner's manual recommends a different octane rating for sport vs. the others, and I said they may just be referring to the Si model. They asked what the difference is between sport and sport-injected, and I said pretty much everything... but I didn't quite yet know what that "everything" was.

Thanks for all the responses so far!

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
The Sport has different suspension bits than the LX. It has the 2.0NA engine instead of the 1.5T which is a bunch slower and a small bit worse on fuel but is probably more reliable in the long run. It has cool wheels that are almost identical to the Si wheels except they're grayish instead of brushed aluminum silvery on the Si and Touring. It also has the tiny trunklid spoiler you mentioned. Other than that it doesn't have heated seats, has the less powerful audio system, and no LED headlights. I may have missed something
The 1.5t and the 2.0na have been tested and both run 15’s in the quarter mile. So I wouldn’t consider the 2.0 a “bunch” slower. But you are right about the mileage, the 1.5t gets a couple more mpg then the 2.0. As far as reliability, the 2.0 should last longer then the 1.5t. But how much longer, only time will tell. The 1.5t is still too new, it might surprise us.
Sponsored