What does everyone think of the upcoming Mazda3 2.5Turbo?

OP
OP
pdrumns

pdrumns

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Coupe and 2019 Nissan Kicks
Country flag
Well that is your truth. I have had many different types of vehicles and engines in my 34 years of driving and I dont agree, however that is not the point of this thread, so your opinion on turbo vs NA is not valued for this thread, especially when you came in commenting as you did.
Sponsored

Jessegovols

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda CRV EXL, 2004 Acura TSX Manual Previous: 92 Mazda MX6 GT, 93 Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR4, 99 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
This new turbo Mazda 3 is meh to me cause no 6speed transmission. I would consider trading my Si in for it if it did have a 6speed option. Corksport was a awesome company and they probably make all the aftermarket parts to make it handle like a speed 3 but I still want a 6speed. I agree with most people saying the Si NEEDS MORE POWER! At the minimum the 10gen should've rolled off the car lot with the same power of what you get with the TSP tune. I get the same if not better MPG with that tune and has a nice bump in power.

Totally agree. Seeing as how the next gen CTR is going to have 400HP, I'm hoping that will at least push the next gen Si to 250+

OP
OP
pdrumns

pdrumns

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I hope y’all understand ya can’t just look at HP #’s alone. I’ve had MANY cars try to line up next to my Civic (while stock at ~175 hp). Also have to add, it’s a f*cking CVT. A couple examples: A v6 Chrysler 200 stock, ~290 hp, beat them from 0-80 mph by a long shot. A focus ST stock, ~250 hp. I beat him by a full car length 0-80mph. Obviously the driver probably has a lot to do with it but still :headbang: these Civics are wonderful for what they are. Not saying I wouldn’t love to drive one of these mazdas, but I’d also love to see em in my mirror :thumbsup:
true, but for some its also not about racing other vehicles, but effortless power in day to day is nice too. Its not about the total horsepower for me, but the down low power that could increase. The 10th Gen did this over the previous gens (which I have had as well). So I would like more of this in the future gens from honda.

OP
OP
pdrumns

pdrumns

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well got a notification today, Car and Driver confirms 30, 945 for the Mazda3 turbo sedan and starting at 31, 845 for the Hatchback, up to $34,695 for the fully loaded prem plus trim. Available by the end of the year, Like the SI with an HFP package that can add the $, there is a bbs wheel package that can add $3675.80 to the price. So to start, this is in the near price range of the Veloster N, given that the veloster N is supposed to add sport seats and additional standard options, plus an available DCT. The Veloster N is also dropping the 250 hp model. Thoughts?

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
Well got a notification today, Car and Driver confirms 30, 945 for the Mazda3 turbo sedan and starting at 31, 845 for the Hatchback, up to $34,695 for the fully loaded prem plus trim. Available by the end of the year, Like the SI with an HFP package that can add the $, there is a bbs wheel package that can add $3675.80 to the price. So to start, this is in the near price range of the Veloster N, given that the veloster N is supposed to add sport seats and additional standard options, plus an available DCT. The Veloster N is also dropping the 250 hp model. Thoughts?
That’s a lot of dough for this segment and creeping really close to STI/CTR territory. If this car doesn’t put down some mean numbers I can’t see the market for this. I’ve been thinking about another car, but this is too rich for my liking.

OP
OP
pdrumns

pdrumns

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That’s a lot of dough for this segment and creeping really close to STI/CTR territory. If this car doesn’t put down some mean numbers I can’t see the market for this. I’ve been thinking about another car, but this is too rich for my liking.
Yeah, maybe if you could get a good deal on it where you are not paying MSRP, but for that starting price, I think I would rather have an accord sport 2.0T. I see those for $30K, maybe less.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Mazda is trying to appeal to the slightly more upscale market. It's supposed to look and feel more expensive than a Civic. Think of this car like an Acura or Lexus hatchback.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
All part of their plan to move upmarket. My BIGGEST issue with the 3 is the fact that they cheaped out on the suspension setup and even at almost $40k there's no upgrade to an independent rear suspension. The interiors are beautiful... but the 3 has a lot of shortcomings for that kind of price point.

NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag
That mazda 3 2.5T AWD will not coming to Indonesia because it will costs like fucking hell. Any AWD cars will be charged with higher tax, way much higher. Also it is 2.5T, people will think it will drink plenty of gas.

For your information, Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 1.5 Turbo (no lane keeping assist) in Indonesia sold at 520,000,000 IDR equals to 35,000 USD and Civic Type R 2.0 Turbo sold at double price 1.100.000.000 IDR

So I can imagine at what price mazda gonna sell it in Indonesia with 2.5Turbo AWD ??? they will keep selling the 2.0 N/A FWD HAHAHA

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
All part of their plan to move upmarket. My BIGGEST issue with the 3 is the fact that they cheaped out on the suspension setup and even at almost $40k there's no upgrade to an independent rear suspension. The interiors are beautiful... but the 3 has a lot of shortcomings for that kind of price point.
Suspension, interior space, and aftermarket support are the major shortcomings. The appeal of Mazda and especially the 3 was always, ALWAYS, having a fun to drive and stylish alternative to the Civic or Corolla. The pseudo-luxury niche they’re trying to carve out for themselves was never their appeal. It was great to have, and I loved that Mazda interiors felt comparable to Audi or Lexus, but the joy of that came from the fact it wasn’t priced like Audi or Lexus lol.

If I’m going to spend $32-$35k on a car with pretty much useless backseats, then I might as well look at the used sports car market. In my area you can get a M2/M3 or even a decent Lotus Evora for that price.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I still can't believe zoom-zoom Mazda is using a rear torsion beam in this supposed sport luxury model.

NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag
I still can't believe zoom-zoom Mazda is using a rear torsion beam in this supposed sport luxury model.
But many people said that the torsion beam feels like independent multilink, comfort enough like Civic 10th gen.
I personally have not tried yet, so I don't believe it LOL

Roadster1976

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5/ Honda Fit
Country flag
Totally agree. Seeing as how the next gen CTR is going to have 400HP, I'm hoping that will at least push the next gen Si to 250+
And this is why I'm going to wait for the new Si.Just sold my 18 Miata.Plus the 3 is only automatic,and that's something I'll never buy.I need a proper manual.

Roadster1976

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5/ Honda Fit
Country flag
I still have my 13 Honda Fit with 125k miles and still going strong,glad I never sold it.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Suspension, interior space, and aftermarket support are the major shortcomings. The appeal of Mazda and especially the 3 was always, ALWAYS, having a fun to drive and stylish alternative to the Civic or Corolla. The pseudo-luxury niche they’re trying to carve out for themselves was never their appeal. It was great to have, and I loved that Mazda interiors felt comparable to Audi or Lexus, but the joy of that came from the fact it wasn’t priced like Audi or Lexus lol.

If I’m going to spend $32-$35k on a car with pretty much useless backseats, then I might as well look at the used sports car market. In my area you can get a M2/M3 or even a decent Lotus Evora for that price.
I'm not sure fun to drive was working for them, was it? I just sat in a Mazda 3 hatch this weekend and loved it, it's not on par with Audi, it's better. (low end Audi). I haven't driven one, but the CX5 we drove was certainly more fun to drive than anything in its class, it was nicer than the Volvo V60 we drove. The dealership was also beautiful, but it's new, not sure they're all like that.

So maybe this new tack will help them gain market share, cause the old fun to drive thing didn't seem to be working, luxury will sell better.

Yeah, the interior in both the 3 hatch and the CX5 was bottom of the class - but the 3 was like my E46 BMW 330i in terms of rear space - it was enough 10 years ago, it's just that everything else has gotten huge in comparison.
Sponsored