JP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stoneautotech.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Also Duralast tools. Lifetime guarantee on most stuff and they stand by that. If you every break a wrench or socket and take it to Auto Zone they will give you a new one no questions asked.
Sponsored

Shingo_FK7

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I previously used a lot of Craftsman and Harbor Freight. In my last profession, I got pretty deep in to Milwaukee, and a little Snap-On. Over the last few moves and job changes, I find myself pretty light on tools and ready to invest in some stuff again. Heavily considering a set of Sonic Tools.

So what are your preferred tool brands? What do you own? What do you want?
I use husky ratcheting wrenches all the time. They’re really useful

RehabJP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stoneautotech.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I forgot the mention Wera. They are a little more expensive than Duralast or Harbor Freight or Amazon brands but more affordable than Snap-On or Matco but Weras engineering is second to none and tools are very well made. The tool check plus kit and the compact driver is always with me

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I don't have any hard rules. I feel fully competent to judge the quality, value and price when I examine a simple tool. I already have an excess of cheap tools, so I only buy more very rarely if it's for rare use and looks good. At this stage I want tools to also look pretty and have a nice name and country of origin on it, but everything has a price. So it's all on a case by case basis.
But I generally don't buy anything without the manufacturer or brand name on it. Amazingly, some Chinese products (not only tools) have no name whatsoever. Not even so much as "Factory no. 318". I wouldn't take something like this for free.

OP
OP
The Vyzitor

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
Got my sample kit from Sonic Tools today. Gonna give them a try and see how they feel. First impression, they have an awesome satin finish, which I think looks much better than the chrome of most companies. The 3/8” ratchet feels solid and smooth, though it doesn’t feel like it has a very high tooth count.

I also have a simple 1/4” ratchet kit on the way from Teng Tools to give them a try. We’ll see how they compare

Honda Civic 10th gen What do you use to work on your cars? Tool discussion C2BDB572-0D58-46C7-B320-2B7F677914E7

OP
OP
The Vyzitor

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I usually stick to gearwrench for sockets and wrenches
I hear really good things about GearWrench from a number of people who use them professionally.

I have some Husky stuff now and it’s not bad at all but I want something better. Lol I'm definitely looking for that middle ground, a step up from the more casual DIY brands, but not full on professional grade (and price) like Snap-on and Matco.

So far, Gearwrench, Tekton, Sunex, Carlyle, CDI, and Williams are all on my radar for various tools. Sonic and Teng have my attention due to successful marketing but I’m willing to give them a chance.

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
No tool snob here but best stuff I have is Stahlwille. I found out about them while working for a Porsche tuner.

OP
OP
The Vyzitor

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Got my Teng Tools ratchet set yesterday. It was on sale for Labor Day but even at that price, I don’t know if I’d say it was worth it. The quality seems... meh. We’ll see how it all holds up to use, but first impression is: their stuff doesn’t seem significantly better than Husky or Kobalt. I had a similar set of old old USA made Craftsman that was way nicer. Wish I knew where that set went.

MarshX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve been using nothing but 100% pure made human strength. Jokes aside, I mostly use Craftsman tools. However I do also have plenty of Husky and Kobalt tools.

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
I also use some Motion Pro tools from my days in the motorcycle and bicycle industries.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love my milwaukee impacts!
Paired with the chrome sockets from harbor frieght lol im very daring

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have to admit, my Stahlwille combination and deep offset box end wrenches are my favorite wrenches.
Totally understand! I have never held any other 10mm combo wrench and reveled in the tactile design. :)
Sponsored