Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
P&S interior cleaner then top it off with 303 protectant.
Sponsored

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You should re apply your preferred interior detailer after wipe down since you are wiping away the previous application. :thumbsup:
Alright...i've read a bit and i like the idea of those protectant wipes that you can use to shine and protect plastic, will go get these one later today unless one of you guys object to it...i would get the 303 ones but they are only available on amazon et they cost a lot more...these are better than nothing right?
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/meguiar-s-natural-shine-protectant-wipes-25-ct-0390538p.html

svffr

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 PMM Civic EX, '19 CBP Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Alright...i've read a bit and i like the idea of those protectant wipes that you can use to shine and protect plastic, will go get these one later today unless one of you guys object to it...i would get the 303 ones but they are only available on amazon et they cost a lot more...these are better than nothing right?
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/meguiar-s-natural-shine-protectant-wipes-25-ct-0390538p.html
That should work, personally I would use the spray bottle version of that product as I feel you get a more controlled wipe. I've used the wipes and they just seem messy but hey, whatever works for you as long as you put some protection on there!

CanadaCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R (CW)
Country flag
Honesty just buy a bottle of 303, it's the best stuff out there for interior plastic/vinyl protection. You don't need the pre-moistened wipes unless you really want them as a microfiber application is better anyway. 303 also needs to be buffed off to work properly, so you will be using a second towel anyway.

Since you're in Canada you can order it here:

https://carzilla.ca/products/303-aerospace-proctant-16oz?_pos=6&_sid=ba00e1dd4&_ss=r

Or here:

https://www.autoobsessed.com/products/303-aerospace-protectant-473ml?_pos=2&_sid=a999b4c7a&_ss=r

Or here:

https://www.amazon.ca/303-30305-Aer...03+aerospace+protectant&qid=1602187222&sr=8-4

A little goes a long way, 400ml or whatever will last you several seasons for ~$20.

I am not familiar with that Meguiars product but you need to be careful with interior protectants, especially the cheaper ones, as if they have alcohol or petroleum distillates in them they will actually ruin your interior over time. ArmorAll was famous for this, their wipes made your car look good immediately after (if you liked the glossy/slimy look and feel) but it dried everything out, promoting cracking.

vandalSI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
Country flag
i second the gel stuff. gets into all the little crevices and doesn't leave any residue. just dont use it on fabrics.

CanadaCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
y'all fancy I just use a swiffer duster..

but I might have to look into some of these products :spaz:
Dust is easy to get off with whatever you want, but it's the UV protection that is really important.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dust is easy to get off with whatever you want, but it's the UV protection that is really important.
very true, I just haven't really used any protection products on my dash as of yet but it's looking like it's a good idea to start now

CanadaCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
very true, I just haven't really used any protection products on my dash as of yet but it's looking like it's a good idea to start now
If you don't live somewhere hot and sunny, if you don't park your car out in the son a lot, or if you get rid of your cars after a few years anyway, yeah it's probably not a big deal. But it's so cheap and easy to do that you might as well if you like looking after your car. If you end up with 303, it also makes a great tire dressing.

svffr

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 PMM Civic EX, '19 CBP Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
At the end of the day just get what suits you. People swear by Griots, Megs, 303 and truth be told unless you're in the detailing business you won't see much a difference between these products. For a normal consumer who just wants something easy to work with and apply these will work. Each company makes excellent products. It's just down to preference.

WanderingWheat

First Name
J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8 CW Type-R, 2002 S2000, 1993 W124 500E
Country flag
I use Total Interior by Chemical Guys. On bright interiors prefer Meguiar's quick detailer, but this total interior is helpful in the sense that it's safe for all the various interior materials of our cars. Can even be used to clean leather on other cars.

Mr. Honda

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic si sedan
Country flag
I added a charcoal gray dash mat so I clean it with a vacuum. There are lots of great plastic treatment products I buy much less of without using them on the dash. Consider a dash mat to clean less, drive more and without dash reflected glare.

Over time, that’d more than cover cost of the mat while there’s no sun damage below. Installing a custom cut mat, around $50 looks nice, stays put, and doesn’t interfere with the airbag... but she seldom rides with me.

C9D6DB76-CD4F-4D09-AA07-94BC264BA8FF.jpeg

5B7DD19C-9432-43BD-8B31-A6B4FC698D24.jpeg

F2EC236F-2B54-497E-97ED-80EF3FD7B15D.jpeg
Where'd you get that dash mat from??!!

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
I use Meguairs interior wipes and they have a lovely matte finish. I typically wipe the dash down with a damp microfibre cloth beforehand though.
Sponsored