What do you use to clean your dash?

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
damp microfiber towel and protect it with 303 Aerospace UV protectant.

Ketsto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic 1.5l
Country flag
10% IPA, 1:64 ONR, or very diluted APC. Depends on what's the issue. finish with 303 Aerospace.

For leather I use AutoGlym leather cleaner and leather balm. You can finish with 303 on leather as well but AutoGlym is enough.

Bonus tip, spray some of the ONR mix on the rear floor mats and the car will smell nice and clean as well.

CanadaCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R (CW)
Country flag
Clean it or dust it with your favorite All Purpose Cleaner diluted to an interior formula (usually 20:1) and a microfiber cloth, then use 303 Aerospace to protect on a microfiber applicator sponge or cloth. Don't forget to buff off the 303 with a second, clean, microfiber towel - doing so increases the bond strength and UV protection and is also what gives it the matte/natural finish. The dash vinyl will also sweat which is what puts that haze on the inside of the windshield that needs to be cleaned off periodically, you can't avoid that. The reason 303 is so good is the quality of the UV inhibitors.

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I added a charcoal gray dash mat so I clean it with a vacuum. There are lots of great plastic treatment products I buy much less of without using them on the dash. Consider a dash mat to clean less, drive more and without dash reflected glare.

Over time, that’d more than cover cost of the mat while there’s no sun damage below. Installing a custom cut mat, around $50 looks nice, stays put, and doesn’t interfere with the airbag... but she seldom rides with me.

Honda Civic 10th gen What do you use to clean your dash? C9D6DB76-CD4F-4D09-AA07-94BC264BA8FF

Honda Civic 10th gen What do you use to clean your dash? 5B7DD19C-9432-43BD-8B31-A6B4FC698D24

Honda Civic 10th gen What do you use to clean your dash? F2EC236F-2B54-497E-97ED-80EF3FD7B15D

Last edited:

football76

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
For cleaning I like P&S Express Interior Cleaner. I dilute it 1:1 with water. Works great on all our plastic surfaces. I also use it (with a brush to agitate) on the steering wheel to remove oils (I hate the shiny leather look). Safe on the seats and armrest. Oh, and it smells GREAT (think Ludens Cherry cough drops...)

Credit to Matt @ Obsessed Garage for this find.

Bought it here

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I just use chemical guys interior cleaner on everything. Spray a bit on a micro fiber towel wipe it clean, use a dry microfiber to wipe it off. I still need to order Sonax for the alcantara, but in the meantime the interior cleaner works on it, I'll spray some on a tooth brush and gently brush at areas with grime and skin particles, then dab and wipe it off. Surprisingly amorall cleaning wipes do a pretty good job on it too, just gotta make sure to use the cleaning ones and not protectant ones as the latter leave behind a little residue.

Cleaning the interior of this thing is a constant losing battle. I'll spend almost an hour getting everything perfect and as soon as I turn my gaze from something and then look back, it'll have a spec of dust. Grrr

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I use only a slightly wet micro fiber...works amazing.

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bingo. Everything else is snake oil. Don’t waste money.
I tried a version of snake oil and it serves its purpose pretty well.

Dusting mud like Slime (or snot?) comes in various quantities, colors, and scents. These work well for dusting as it’s all picked up and absorbed, not relocated like a brush does.

You may want to try a small jar for dusting air vents as you can shape and squish it, stays together well. It’s not magic but there’s no excuse for a clean yet dusty dash or controls if this stuff is handy. I like it as one of several detailing tools. My purchase but there are some cheaper:

Honda Civic 10th gen What do you use to clean your dash? B14B5156-514C-4550-9214-D49F63F836F2

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
My dash never gets dirty, maybe dusty a tiny bit. I just wipe with a slightly damp cloth and then lightly apply 303 space protectant to all the plastics (pretty much entire interior lol).
Here in FL sand is in the air constantly so I never open windows except for a wife fart complaint or at drive thru.

svffr

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 PMM Civic EX, '19 CBP Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here is what I do.

In between interior details:

1. Griots Interior Detailer with fresh microfiber towel.

Full interior cleaning:

1. Detailing brush to get into hard to reach places and vacuum to suck up any dust particles.
2. Griots interior cleaner to remove any contaminates.
3. Finish with Griots interior detailer for a natural looking finish and great UV protection.
3a. If you like a glossy look then I suggest Megs Hyper dressing.

Always use a fresh microfiber, no point in reusing since you will be reintroducing the contaminates from the previous wipe down back into your vehicle.

NEVER just wipe with a wet/damp microfiber unless you plan on using a detailer afterwards.