First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR in White
Country flag
Hello

My dashboard is constantly picking up dust as is the screen, gage clusters etc. What do you guys use to clean it? I’m not sure what the material is, maybe a synthetic leather ?
Sponsored

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 Buick Grand National, 11 GTR, 18 CBP Type R, 11 Tundra Rock Warrior
Country flag
Whatever you want to clean the dash with... I personally am not a big fan of chemical guys I know a lot of people like there stuff. I use duragloss there car wash soap is awesome as is a lot of things they sell... for the screen I just keep a very fine/soft micro fiber in the glove box that is made to wipe screens like we have

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Hello

My dashboard is constantly picking up dust as is the screen, gage clusters etc. What do you guys use to clean it? I’m not sure what the material is, maybe a synthetic leather ?
Microfiber cloth is normally good enough. Maybe a damp towel if you need it (not on the Alcantara though!). I don't believe the CTR has any leather bits on the inside of the vehicle; it all seems to be either soft touch or hard plastics which leads to a lot of rattles down the line.

Edit: for the Alcantara, use a suede brush and eraser. Treat it like suede and it should do fine.

nickjohn35

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2017 PMM Typer R. Former: 2004 350Z
Country flag

xGreyWorm

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hello

I use Adams Interior cleaner it smells great and leaves a new like clean to it not an oily wipe over like armor all does. Love all Adam’s products that I have tried.

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Adams is pretty good kinda like griots line of stuff very similar... I just feel bad for everyone that’s from California.. you guys get junk because everything good with a product they take out because it may cause cancer. Idk how you guys do your brakes with the brake cleaning products you guys get that never dries an doesn’t work. I feel for you guys!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have used that surf city stuff. I think... I still have an old bottle of that in my garage its pretty good.

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
Actually, I use a Swiffer, works well, use for a week, then put a new one on the handle.

driv300mph

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Grey CTR (#22412 of ???), 2011 Lotus Exige S260 (#19 of 30)
Country flag
I've been using Mothers VLR. Smells like leather and works quite well

OP
OP
mdub83

mdub83

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR in White
Country flag
Thanks for all the recommendations!

Brunske15

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Always used ArmorAll ultimate detail wipes and Invisible Glass (made by Stoner) Wipes for the interior of my cars. Have never had a problem and always been happy.

Last edited:

Nanook

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Accord, 2018 Pilot, 2017 Si, 2018 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve tried tons of interior cleaner/protectors. My go to is Meguiars Quick Interior Detailer. Super easy to use, has a nice matte finish and can be had for pretty cheap. Some people don’t like the smell. I honestly don’t mind it, I think it smells “clean”.

https://www.detailedimage.com/Meguiars-M43/Quik-Interior-Detailer-P384/16-oz-S1/
Still using the last of my Turtle Wax Ice. Best stuff ever. Really ticked they stop making it. Have some Meguiar”s interior detailer to try. Glad to hear it’s good.

nickjohn35

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2017 PMM Typer R. Former: 2004 350Z
Country flag
Still using the last of my Turtle Wax Ice. Best stuff ever. Really ticked they stop making it. Have some Meguiar”s interior detailer to try. Glad to hear it’s good.
lol I actually bought a gallon of it a few years ago... still using it!

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...VBz0MCh0zOQ5SEAQYAiABEgI5lvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
This stuff is the shit!! It will literally last a couple months. You do not need much an it smells awesome. I have used this for years I bought 3 cans 6 years ago an I still have 3/4 a can left time to order some... you can use it on a lot of things on your car it says on the can. It will shine a little bit. A little goes along way with this stuff goodluck
Sponsored