What do you like best or enjoy most about your Civic?

syncro87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic sedan EX-T, '18 Prius Two, '09 Scion xB, '88 R100RT
Country flag
There isn't one single thing that really blows me away about our 2016 EX-T sedan. Rather, what stands out to me is the overall goodness and value factor. For not much over $20k, we got a car that a very strong overall package. MPG is excellent, power is decent with the 1.5T, and the EX-T trim level is the ideal balance between cost and feature set. Some of the Civic's competitors are superior in my opinion in certain areas. However, the Civic is the best all around package, all things considered, in the price range and in the compact car segment. Very good at many things, poor at very few things.

In an ideal world, the Civic would have the body panel gaps of our 2014 Civic, the outstanding auto trans from a Mazda3 instead of a CVT, and a TSI engine from VW with Honda building the rest of the car. At that point, it would be just about perfect. But minor warts aside, the Civic is still a better overall car than the '14 Civic or the current 3, or our old Jetta TSI. The 3 is real close, and might win depending on your priority set. The Jetta wins if you're 100% an engine guy and you don't care about a cheap playskool interior, crappy stereo, or the occasional unscheduled dealer visit.

SteveGG

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 & '16 Civics
Love that grinding noise as well.. really a great start to my day. Also I have a rattle noise that goes beyond the grinding.
I have the 2L N/A, so no "grinding" noise, TG ! Don't trust turbos for the long term. Also no rattles FWIW.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bang for the buck. Very few vehicles can match all the stuff (and performance) for the price.
+1 this. I've been test driving other makes and models the past week (secret shopper) ranging from $35k-$51k...they don't match up.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Coming from a much, much slower 2012 Fit Sport, I love the extra power the turbo provides. I live in western NC, near the Appalachians, so there are plenty of nice hills to play with. It's so fun and effortless to zoom around these hills, and if I need to pass a slower car, the car has no problem overtaking, even up a large hill. I also love that I can push it hard, and still get mid 30s MPG. Or if I go on a long interstate trip, I've got as much as mid 50s mpg.

One thing I do not like is how much it hesitates when I need to quickly turn from a lane into a parking lot if cars are coming at me quickly, or pull out from a stop. There just isn't enough power to maneuver quickly enough. With my Fit, once you press the gas, you go, quickly. The Civic, not so much. But once it does get going and the turbo kicks in, it just keeps going and going.
Use S mode

Civic Fan 2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic, 2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
Bang for the buck. Very few vehicles can match all the stuff (and performance) for the price.
I agree. For the price, there are definitely many high end features. The sensing package added quite a few extras for a very reasonable price. Its roomy compared to my '00 Civic and so much quieter. The surprise features for me were the remote start and the sun visor slides to help block the sun from the whole window.
I'll be happy if I can get over a decade in this car.

Ikabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Accord Touring
Country flag
There's so much I do like. I like the stereo technology. I know there are some quirks getting it started and everything downloaded but when all is settled the music listening capabilities are good. I do wish TuneIn Radio still worked with Car Play.

One thing that bothers me (maybe I'm expecting too much or I'm too critical), but when the Civic Touring is idling at a stoplight, there is a very slight irregular shake or vibration. It is VERY slight but I would like a car that you cannot even notice that it's running at idle.

Does anyone have the same concerns regarding idling slight shake? Is there a remedy? I've tried different gasolines and different octanes.

Update 10/31/16
TuneIn Pro is now compatible with Car Play.
Using BP high octane has seemed to minimize the idle vibration.
I really like this car!

Last edited:

SteveGG

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 & '16 Civics
How long term? Turbos have been in cars for decades this isn't the 1970s anymore.
Previous was a 2001 Prius. THAT kind of long term. I think it's accepted that turbos are at a comparatively higher level of stress etc.

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Previous was a 2001 Prius. THAT kind of long term. I think it's accepted that turbos are at a comparatively higher level of stress etc.
If this were Snopes, I'd give that statement a Mixed rating.

The key is: was the engine designed for the turbo in the first-place? If it was, then it can handle the "stress", because that's just normal for that engine.

For a good example look at pre-scandal VW TDI's, which were pretty much bulletproof. I've got a friend who bought his Jetta TDI in 1999. It's still chugging along with close to 280k. It's got plenty of other problems, but that's not the point...

Where turbos cause issues are in engines that were not designed for them. A lot of manufacturers took their normally aspirated engines, beefed up a few parts and then hoped for the best (Saab). That's where turbos get their rep.

Imagination04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T
Country flag
There isn't much I don't like about this car. If I had to pick one thing I like best, it's the styling. Most people don't believe it's a Honda Civic.
Agree completely. Most people I've interacted with didn't think it was a Honda Civic. Even my cousin replied "I didn't know Honda made such sporty cars currently" and had to reinforce that it is a compact car with compact car like fuel economy.
Sponsored