What do you like best or enjoy most about your Civic?

Linda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cosmic "Blue" 2016 Honda Civic EX-L
I bought my Cosmic Blue EX-L Civic in July, trading in my 2007 Civic Hybrid which I liked very much but the unadjustable driver seat became an issue. At first I did not like my new vehicle more than the old one but as time goes on I am liking it more and more! My new car did not have a CD player which disappointed me but now I have put my CDs on a little ipod that lived in the car and that is ever so much more convenient than searching out CDs. Now when I buy music I just download to laptop and sync to ipod. My gas mileage on the highway is better than my Hybrid! And city driving is close. My driver's seat adjusts and my sciatica is less. This car rides so smooth too! And the turbo makes for instant acceleration when I need it. This is a wonderful vehicle and I am enjoying it more all the time. How about you?
Sponsored

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
My favorite thing is that, if there's bad traffic and I'm not in the mood to deal with it, I can just get into the slow lane and set the cruise control and not have to think about gas/brake/gas/brake anymore.

Second-favorite is being able to pause and rewind the satellite radio.

Third-favorite is how clearly the LED headlights light up the path ahead. I do wish it had automatic highbeams, though.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Fourth favorite is telling Corolla owners to suck it.

Oh, and the ride/handling balance is nice.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Performance, gas mileage, comfortable, great infotainment system, looks.

Adam16T

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX
Country flag
I love just about everything. Serious. No issues so far and the looks and shocking surprise when I tell people it is a Civic Touring.

SteveGG

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 & '16 Civics
I like the pickup of the 2L engine with the CVT. I was used to either, an '04 Civic (wife's car) or an '01 Prius (my car), both with 1.5L engines.

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just love the way the car drives. It's nimble, yet smooth, light, yet solid, and has enough power to get you into trouble.

I love the growl she makes when you open up the throttle and that burst of acceleration when the turbo kicks in.

I love the cheeky way it looks sitting in the driveway, seeming to whisper "let's go!" I love the smiles-per-mile it gives.

In fact, the only complaint I have is that the Spotify app crashes Car Play about a quarter of the time, but that's not Honda's fault.

brclark80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, Rallye Red
Country flag
Coming from a much, much slower 2012 Fit Sport, I love the extra power the turbo provides. I live in western NC, near the Appalachians, so there are plenty of nice hills to play with. It's so fun and effortless to zoom around these hills, and if I need to pass a slower car, the car has no problem overtaking, even up a large hill. I also love that I can push it hard, and still get mid 30s MPG. Or if I go on a long interstate trip, I've got as much as mid 50s mpg.

One thing I do not like is how much it hesitates when I need to quickly turn from a lane into a parking lot if cars are coming at me quickly, or pull out from a stop. There just isn't enough power to maneuver quickly enough. With my Fit, once you press the gas, you go, quickly. The Civic, not so much. But once it does get going and the turbo kicks in, it just keeps going and going.

DarkTimber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 Civic Hatch MT
One thing I do not like is how much it hesitates when I need to quickly turn from a lane into a parking lot if cars are coming at me quickly, or pull out from a stop. There just isn't enough power to maneuver quickly enough. With my Fit, once you press the gas, you go, quickly. The Civic, not so much. But once it does get going and the turbo kicks in, it just keeps going and going.
Does this happen with the ECON turned on or off?

biker750guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe LX
Country flag
I'm really a Motorcycle guy; ride am Italian Supermoto which would need a 600HP Corvette to match my acceleration and cars don't lean. That being said; my new Civic LX Coupe 6 speed is the first car I've owned in a long time that is actually FUN to drive and my last 2 cars were Civic's too. If you check out Consumer reports you will find find that the new Civic is faster in the evasive maneuver than any other small sedan including BMW3, Audi, Mercedes, Mini Cooper S, the much vaunted Mazda 3, Mustang, VW GTI and even the BMW pure Sport car Z4 and that with what IMHO are garbage tires which I replaced with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3s on the way home from the dealer. Heated seats and mirrors, a great radio/computer which can be adjusted from the steering wheel and on and on. All this for 20K and built in my country by Canadian workers...wow!

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There isn't much I don't like about this car. If I had to pick one thing I like best, it's the styling. Most people don't believe it's a Honda Civic. When they get inside they are just as blown away.

I do wish it had quieter tires and better speakers, but I'd rather upgrade that stuff myself. All in all, fantastic car!
Sponsored