What do you like best or enjoy most about your Civic?

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
The only thing I would have done different is the color. I bought the modern steel which looks kind of industrial and plain to me. Think I would have gotten the rallye red. But when I bought my MT coupe there were only two of them in all of northern Illinois, a black one and mine. The dealer had to get mine from 60 miles away. My dealer had maybe 50 sedans but not a single coupe. And no MT's. When I arrived to pick it up there was a crowd standing around it. Pretty cool.
Sponsored

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This may be sad to admit but I love that Honda made the Hatchback trims like Sport/Touring a little different by having the Exhaust Tips in the middle.

The Coupe and Sedan other than the badges you can't really tell the difference.

I plan to debadge my Sport Touring.

Hondalover51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Civic LX 2016 Civic LX
Agree completely. Most people I've interacted with didn't think it was a Honda Civic. Even my cousin replied "I didn't know Honda made such sporty cars currently" and had to reinforce that it is a compact car with compact car like fuel economy.
I have people coming up to me when I am exiting my car in public parking lots, telling me how gorgeous my car is & then they look at the Honda emblem & say 'it's a HONDA??? Wow!!! Nice car!!' It happened again just this afternoon. I am a very happy Honda girl!

Videone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 MX-5 GT PRHT, 2018 Mazda 6 Signature, 2016 Civic Touring Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have people coming up to me when I am exiting my car in public parking lots, telling me how gorgeous my car is & then they look at the Honda emblem & say 'it's a HONDA??? Wow!!! Nice car!!' It happened again just this afternoon. I am a very happy Honda girl!
I overheard a group of college guys talking while they walked by my coupe and they couldn't believe it was a Civic.

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The single feature i love is Brake Hold, combined with start&stop. It makes my traffic time much easier, and even if it's a manual it's actually easier than a normal automatic car would be in the same situation!

WCELingad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan in Crystal Black Pearl
Country flag
The best part for me is the looks of the 10th generation Civic because none of its competitors can even come close. I am also thoroughly enjoying the smoothness of the 2.0L engine. I love every thing about this car!

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The single feature i love is Brake Hold, combined with start&stop. It makes my traffic time much easier, and even if it's a manual it's actually easier than a normal automatic car would be in the same situation!
My boy loves the Brake Hold feature too. I just put her in Neutral .

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why do you put it in neutral?
Over the years driving manual I got used to putting in Neutral and it's something that stuck. I got lazy and I'm happy as long as Tiptronic is available.

I have nothing to back it up but I just think it helps the Transmission being not always in Drive and of course I can take my foot off the brake pedal.

Ikabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Accord Touring
Country flag
Over the years driving manual I got used to putting in Neutral and it's something that stuck. I got lazy and I'm happy as long as Tiptronic is available.

I have nothing to back it up but I just think it helps the Transmission being not always in Drive and of course I can take my foot off the brake pedal.

Helping the transmission in that way sounds reasonable to me, too.
Thanks

Tsturbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 MDX Advance SH-AWD, 2018 TLX 2.4 w/8DCT
Country flag
Helping the transmission in that way sounds reasonable to me, too.
Thanks
Just trying to learn more about the CVT and I read on the boards that one of the things you should not do, is to put it in neutral when at a stop? Can someone chime in on this?

SteveGG

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 & '16 Civics

If you put it in neutral and have your foot off the clutch, then a MT has all the counter gears engaged and turning, but of course not delivering any drive through the synchronizers, so very little wear this way, but technically a little bit more than staying in gear with the clutch depressed. The clutch throw out bearing is another story, as it is under considerable load with the clutched depressed.

OO7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
almost pulled the trigger on an in-stock Cosmic Blue EX at my local dealer. it had about 60 miles on it after my test drive. but i went with a Burgundy Night Pearl EX-L instead that only had 6 miles on it at dealer about 50 miles away. Honda doesn't seem to make too many in this color, so i liked that unique aspect even though it's gonna take more effort to keep it clean. i also like the upgraded interior on the EX-L, plus the 17" wheels/tires, fog lights & trunk spoiler that perk up the exterior of the car. oh yeah, the mpg is great! purchased the HondaCare 7 yr / 100,000 mi extended warranty at $905 because it is the 1st year of a new model and it's a turbo. i really haven't come across anything to dislike about the car, maybe the small amount of turbo lag from a dead start (not really stomping on the gas pedal either). guilty as charged: i gotta read the owner's manual, but i was wondering if there is break-in period to follow. i've been "baby'ing" it through about 100 miles so far.

45Lexroc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring.' 06 Lexus Is250.
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Love the fact that I can have features found in more expensive cars in a cheaper reliable package. Not only that, but the car looks good and has the passing power to boot!

DjinTonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring, silver.
Country flag
Loving many things (silver Touring coupe). The looks, outside and in.The next two turns displaying on the dash during nav; the name of the street I'm on displaying on the compass screen even without nav. The great sounding audio. HF phone. Brake hold. Clean dashboard screens. Smart cruise control. Lane keep. Heated seats. Sirius radio. Smart entry and walk-away lock. Many things I probably wouldn't have added on a car -- thinking I can live without -- but which come with the trim and add up to a new kind of driving experience compared to my just-sold '96 Civic coupe. Did I mention the looks?

It's a sort of economical luxury car.
Sponsored

Last edited: