What do you keep displayed on your Driver Information Display most often?

What do you keep displayed on your Driver Information Display most often?

• Accelerator Position/Braking Pressure Meter

Votes: 15 8.4%
  • Turbo Meter

Votes: 62 34.6%
  • Rev Indicators

Votes: 8 4.5%
  • G-Meter

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Stopwatch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Range & Fuel

Votes: 81 45.3%
  • Navigation & Compass

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Mail

• Average Speed & Elapsed Time

• Display Off

• Phone

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Audio

Votes: 9 5.0%
  • Maintenance Minder

• Total voters

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
My favourite used to be range & fuel, but I found that constantly seeing the instant fuel economy made me drive like a grandpa. So now I switch between the compass and turbo meter for the most part. If I get curious, I check my current and previous drive fuel economy on the info screen on the head unit.

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Yep...you sure can. I just like to monitor boost pressure. Just my thing I suppose.
So because it wasn't ever really answered in my "Turbo Usage" thread, how exactly are you monitoring it? Meaning, if you're using this as a daily driver and want to prolong its life, what boost levels are you trying to avoid, or avoid sustaining? Is it best that every time you start from a stop you don't go above 0 psi, or is it fine to hit 1-4 psi in every gear every time you drive? I just don't know because it's my first turbo car.

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
So because it wasn't ever really answered in my "Turbo Usage" thread, how exactly are you monitoring it? Meaning, if you're using this as a daily driver and want to prolong its life, what boost levels are you trying to avoid, or avoid sustaining? Is it best that every time you start from a stop you don't go above 0 psi, or is it fine to hit 1-4 psi in every gear every time you drive? I just don't know because it's my first turbo car.
Well, I only really use the boost guage when on the highway as an indicator of whether I need to down shift or not to hit a given speed target. I don't really pay attention to it in normal city driving. And really, I'm not studying the guage all that much even on the highway, just a quick glance to know what pressure I'm at is all I need. On the highway, in high gears, I shoot for staying under ~5psi otherwise I downshift. The other displays have little value so I just leave boost displayed. Is it necessary? Probably not but I guess I'm equal parts OCD and a data nerd so I like to know where I'm at based on data rather than feeling. Though, I would be fine on feeling alone.

That's just me though.

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Well, I only really use the boost guage when on the highway as an indicator of whether I need to down shift or not to hit a given speed target. I don't really pay attention to it in normal city driving. And really, I'm not studying the guage all that much even on the highway, just a quick glance to know what pressure I'm at is all I need. On the highway, in high gears, I shoot for staying under ~5psi otherwise I downshift. The other displays have little value so I just leave boost displayed. Is it necessary? Probably not but I guess I'm equal parts OCD and a data nerd so I like to know where I'm at based on data rather than feeling. Though, I would be fine on feeling alone.

That's just me though.
Good to know, thanks. Somebody else was mentioning to avoid using boost at all in 5th and 6th gear. I don't know which is the sounder piece of advice heh.

Anyway, I'm either on the boost gauge or the throttle & brake gauges.

Crab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, 2002 Accord EX-L, 2003 Dodge Dakota
Country flag
I have boost meter on dash, and trip computer (current drive MPG, Previous Drive MPG, and range) on the infotainment screen.

I like having the boost meter on the dash mostly when the engine is cold and I am making sure to keep it under 1-3 PSI.

T_A_H

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan 2012 Honda Accord LX-P
Country flag
The boost, acceleration/brake, and g-meter were fun the first week of ownership.

It's been on fuel economy every day thereafter, and I'm about 1.5yrs in.
Sponsored