What do you insure your Civic with?

Brian Hart

First Name
Brian Hart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
What insurance company do you insure with? I noticed that a lot of people have been recommending GEICO/Progressive. http://autovscarinsurance.com/cheap-monthly-car-insurance-plans/ What do you insure your Civic with? I live in Miami so rates are higher than most places. What rates should I expect to pay? Should I take the local approach or should I go with one of the big names out there. Claims is important to me, but I'm on a budget. Thanks for any advice given.
Sponsored

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
I use Nationwide but my rates keep going up so I may look around. I'm paying $840 a year on my SI. 52, never had an accident with 500 deductible.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
NJM - 10 months of payments for a 12 month coverage, plus discount on continuing policy and an annual rebate. One of the best options to NJ drivers.

3925blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Just get an independent agent/ broker to get you some quotes. I went with one like that for years and every six months they would call me to ask if I wanted them to shop around for me to make sure I still had the best deal. I used SafeCo, Travelers, and some others with that agent.

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
I am using Wawanesa and they currently think my Si is a EX-T ;). Previously was overpaying for Farmers insurance.

23Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 FK8, '06 AP2
Country flag
I was with USAA for years until I shopped around and realized they weren't competitive at all. GEICO quoted me $44 per month for my Type R so I made the switch.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I pay something like $900 for full coverage on everything but the truck, which just has collision... and I carry a *ton* of insurance. $100 deductable (had been $500, but after I got the Civic keyed in the driveway, I lowered it). They actually gave me a check for the depreciation that covered most of the deductable. Been in an accident 10 years ago (wife) that we we're at fault for... was no big deal and my rates never went up, despite both vehicles being totalled out. I've shopped around but never found anyone that could come close to the price I pay with the amount of coverage i carry. I probably could cut it down to 2/3 that amount if I went with minimums, but I prefer not worry about paying out of pocket ever.

I had Farm Bureau when I was a kid in my folks policy but I don't have any experience with anyone else. I know USAA always had pretty high rates, comparatively. Some people swear by them. I bank will Navy Federal and there's a discount Geico applies. I think if you do all your stuff through USAA, they start proving bundle discounts. Ive told them what Geico does and they said the couldn't touch them.

When I was 20, i got a quote for 6,000 per 6 months for a policy through them. $12k a year! I was paying about $1200/6 months for full coverage on my twin turbo Z and had an accident still on my record at the time from nearly 2 years earlier. I was in shock on the phone. I was an E-3 at the time and my take-home pay was $1100/month. I didn't see how such a number was in the realm of reality.

23Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 FK8, '06 AP2
Country flag
I had Farm Bureau when I was a kid in my folks policy but I don't have any experience with anyone else. I know USAA always had pretty high rates, comparatively. Some people swear by them. I bank will Navy Federal and there's a discount Geico applies. I think if you do all your stuff through USAA, they start proving bundle discounts. Ive told them what Geico does and they said the couldn't touch them.
I had home, auto, personal property, life insurance, 401k all with USAA and they still couldn't compete with GEICO for me. GEICO gave me a bunch of discounts USAA don't even offer.

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
we have farmers and we will be switching once this policy term is over. Geico quotes me like $50 cheaper per month already
Sponsored