What do you hear people saying about you own a Si?

OneMiggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean Blue Si
Country flag
A lot of older guys were throwing compliments at my car when I first got it. I got a compliment from a Corvette C3 owner at O'Reilly's.

But as soon as I pulled up to the track, people were saying things like: "I wouldn't take that to a track." I went ahead and gapped the Mustangs and 3 series BMWs to show them what's up. :thumbsup:

I would occasionally get some people who ask what my mods are too.
Sponsored

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
When people know you own a Si (or even Civic in general), or they take a ride, what do you hear most often? Sure I mean for "outside" people here. Car enthusiasts should know the place of Si in the Honda/Civic family.

Here is mine:

"Does it cost 23K?" (CDN$, ~$17500 US$)

"It's uncomfortable." (mostly referring to bumpy ride and difficult to get in and out)

"It's noisy."

"Oh, you know how to drive stick."

"It's just a Civic." (Yes, thank you for knowing the best selling passenger car for 20+ years in Canada)

"
I traded an Aegean blue Sport hatch for an Aegean blue Si sedan. Nobody noticed I have a new car, lol.

Anjuna

First Name
Mal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Sedan
Country flag
"If I was going to buy an import, it'd definitely be a Honda."

"Whats the MPG?" and then I tell them "33-40 depending on how I drive" to which they just stare at me.

"What's it like driving a lawn mower?"

"Why is there a flashing red light?" in reference to my motion activated Camera.

ATX_Si

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe (gone). 2018 Accord EX-L 1.5t (gone) 2020 Audi Q3 S-Line. 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
Country flag
“1.5?????”
EVERY. DAMN. TIME. I hear it so much I didn't even think to put it on my list lol "I thought they all at least had a k series now"

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Most of the “that’s a nice car” comments I get are from homeless people trying to butter me up to give them money all the time. For some reason I attract the homeless to bother me. From my friends they tell me I need to lower my car. If I lower my car by an inch it makes it undrivable where 90% roads are shit
ALL MY FRIENDS

"NeEdS mOrE lOw BrO"

How about no, I already scraped off some of my rear diffuser and scrape on the ABS dynamics lip at stock height.

I don't get many more comments, surprisingly most friends or coworkers think it's badass. Anyone who takes a ride goes "dude wtf??"

***not an Si but still thought this was funny and with the GT wing I think people see it just about the same***

Masked

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
After gapping a Nissan Maxima 2020, dude came up to me and said :
Holy shit this is fast, I normally gap Civics, are you stock???

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
I don't know if it's an age group thing, but nobody comments on my car. I can't imagine being a passenger in somebody else's car and criticizing it. Serves no purpose.

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (Stolen), 2013 Honda Accord Sport V6
Country flag
Most of my friend circle are German & Italian car enthusiasts, so you can imagine I got a lot of shit

Friend: You replaced your M for this? What are you, a teenager?
Me: I needed a commute car that is economical, reliable and has MT
Friend: Yeah, but don't you already have an Accord?
Me: It's not economical, and it has over 100K. I'm trying to keep the mileage down
Friend: Why don't you just pick up a used 2.0T 3 series or a used GTI?
Me: Where's your 3 series? How come your driving this Lexus NX?
Friend: Oh, yeah. It's in the shop. The check engine light came on and it's acting weird. This is only a loaner they gave me
Me: Silence
Friend: So, how about those Lakers!

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
My wife asked me if it was my dream car. I was like, well, I really wanted one and I love it but no, not my dream car. Which seems like a topic for another thread.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
“I could never be without a truck”
Since I moved out here to the Midwest (KC area), all I see are muscle cars, Jeep Wranglers, and pickup trucks... 9/10 of these trucks don't have functioning 3rd brake lights either...

People out here couldn't believe that this thing only has a 1.5L engine to pull the way it does. But they also probably haven't seen anything that weighs less than 4000 lbs... LOL they're all absolute shocked that a sedan this size can be under 3000 lbs.

I feel like I'm living in the the '70s out here. 90% of KS and MO residents would lose their s**t if America decided to stop selling cars that get under 20 mpgs.
Sponsored