What do you feed your 10th gen?

42x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JHMCB7, XTHG Civic EX-T
Country flag
Either Chevron Supreme, or 91 Non-Ethanol Texaco.
Sponsored

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
Shell V-Power 91. It's also TopTier, as Honda recommends. Used that exclusively in my 2006 Acura TSX for the 11 years I had it, and not a single engine issue whatsoever, and never put any fuel additives in the tank either. The engine still purred the day I traded it in for the Civic.
In my area, Shell is a little difficult to find, Sunoco a bit easier. Shell is my primary choice, when I can get it. Wish we had Chevron in Pennsylvania, prefer their additive package. As I travel and have to make Toptier choices, I've also used Valero and Marathon. As long as it's on the list I printed from the Toptier site, I'm ok with it..Never tried anything other than 87 other than a tank of 89 Shell when they ran out if 87, no problems, but no difference in either performance or mileage. Never had a fuel or engine performance issue with any Toptier fuel, so I stick with them, nice that there's a standard you can count on, & no additives needed.

Scathe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
My last car had to take 93 octane (Volvo S60 2.5T). I'm happy now that I get to save a ton at the pump using 87 in my EX-T. I try to stick to stations on the Top Tier list, but I don't go too far out of my way if there isn't one nearby. Admittedly I've filled up at Sheetz and GetGo a handful of times, but I do try to avoid non-Top-Tier gas when I can. I doubt a tank here and there will hurt anything as long as it doesn't become habitual.

Lox9588

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
93. Pretty much every gas station on LI is 87, 89, 93 so 93 it is. I try to go to any halfway decent station, usually speedway (formerly HESS) because it's right near both my job and the train station that I use for school so it's convenient. IDK, I never felt actively seeking out certain stations like Shell or anything was worth it, but if there's a shell and a shit hole nearby, I'm picking Shell.

flash_company

First Name
Anton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
2018 Si, it gets regular 87 (about $2.19/gallon in Florida) because it's my daily beater so idc, it runs perfectly fine and even gets 40mpg on the highway still. My average is 32mpg combined and I drive it aggressively.

thebutcher

NSFW
First Name
The Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Chevy C10 custom deluxe, 2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited, 2019 Honda Civic Si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good video on fuel.

89civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX auto
Country flag
last fill-up was regular at Shell. Was trying Fred Meyer but it's not Top Tier. Haven't tried Costco yet but will be soon. Usually 87 or 89 octane I think.

Last edited:

TheMarkedOne

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 86 TRD SE
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Man, I use some of Sam's Club stuff. 93 for 2.90, really good prices when you're a member compared Sheetz down the street at 3.25. :hmm:

CTRx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic
Country flag
Will be going to Shell for V-Power 91 for my vehicle. Just sucks that I cannot use the speed pass to pay like I did at Esso! :(

alias Igme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo 156, Honda Civic (1.5t hatchback)
Country flag
95 octane E10. The dealer/show room said 93 octane is good but is praising Shell VPower (which I believe is E10/95 here). Unfortunately, the Shell stations are on a other side of the route I usually take.

islandon

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Coupe EX & '20 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
My and my son's 1.5t's get fresh MOBIL 1 syn 0/W20 every 7500miles and OEM filters. Gasoline is ONLY Top Tier COSTCO, Chevron, or ARCO....PREMIUM only.

Honda Civic 10th gen What do you feed your 10th gen? 20210319_095033