What do my fellow Si owners do for a living?

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan • 03 Kawi ZX-6R 636
Country flag
Since I have a goatee, I guess I'm the evil twin. Almost the same timeline, with a 10 year hiatus doing marketing/project management for the mill. If you need someone to bitch about Canva, or people still using Quark, or the depths that our industry has plummeted to in those 37 years, I'm your man.

Oh, and I miss my ZX-6 more than anything
I have a goatee also, so I guess we're both evil. ? And my God... Canva, any MS product including Publisher... I HATE them! The exception being Word documents that don't require bleeds... those usually go smoothly. Files we receive are 99% PDFs. We still have some that send InDesign packaged files, but it is extremely rare that we get anything from Quark any more. Have one customer, a LARGE boat manufacturer, that still uses CorelDraw, and after a LOT of coaching by me on how to set up their files and Corel's color settings, their PDFs are pretty much spot-on now.

What year Ninja did you have?

CDjunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 S2000, 17 Si
Country flag
I have a goatee also, so I guess we're both evil. ? And my God... Canva, any MS product including Publisher... I HATE them! The exception being Word documents that don't require bleeds... those usually go smoothly. Files we receive are 99% PDFs. We still have some that send InDesign packaged files, but it is extremely rare that we get anything from Quark any more. Have one customer, a LARGE boat manufacturer, that still uses CorelDraw, and after a LOT of coaching by me on how to set up their files and Corel's color settings, their PDFs are pretty much spot-on now.

What year Ninja did you have?
The few printers that are left alive here are extraordinary low end bottom feeders. We absolutely take ANYTHING. I mean ANYTHING. Stuff that hasn't existed in DECADES. PageMaker files, QX 4, scribbles on paper, Publisher, PowerPoint, catalogs in EXCEL!!!! ANYTHING. What few PDFs we do get, aren't remotely print ready, and usually require endless rounds of changes and manipulation. (don't get me started)
I had one of the early 6Rs, ... 95 maybe? something like that. Now I've got KLR. Not great, but functional for what I need.

oh, and another of my classic favorites,... customer will design something using Canva or the like, TAKE A PICTURE OF IT WITH THEIR PHONE, and then we have to recreate that. :rant: (did I mention we don't charge for any of this?)

Last edited:

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan • 03 Kawi ZX-6R 636
Country flag
The few printers that are left alive here are extraordinary low end bottom feeders. We absolutely take ANYTHING. I mean ANYTHING. Stuff that hasn't existed in DECADES. PageMaker files, QX 4, scribbles on paper, Publisher, PowerPoint, catalogs in EXCEL!!!! ANYTHING. What few PDFs we do get, aren't remotely print ready, and usually require endless rounds of changes and manipulation. (don't get me started)
I had one of the early 6Rs, ... 95 maybe? something like that. Now I've got KLR. Not great, but functional for what I need.

oh, and another of my classic favorites,... customer will design something using Canva or the like, TAKE A PICTURE OF IT WITH THEIR PHONE, and then we have to recreate that. :rant: (did I mention we don't charge for any of this?)
Last week, I literally received a photo of a computer screen for a 24 x 18 yard sign. The screen pixels were so big it looked like a CRT monitor. LOL

To keep from hijacking the thread any more, I'll take this to private. I'd love to talk some more. :thumbsup: