What did you pay?

cheesesteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I'm looking at a Civic Hatch Sport, and my local dealer told me that he can't budge much on price b/c of the low inventory. He only discounted $400.

I plan on emailing a bunch of dealerships around me who have the car in stock (color doesn't matter). The MSRP is $24,650. How much do you think I reasonably negotiate down for an OTD price?

What's the highest warranty I can get for this car? I plan on keeping it for as long as possible, 10+ years or so.

I can pay cash, however am happy to finance fo a better discount. Should I mention this in the talk about the car (finance then pay it all off on day 91), or keep mum about it to get a better deal?
I live in Texas, so there's no early payment penalty. My local dealer said that the financing would be through Honda and not through the dealership directly, so they don't discount with financing. Idk how much of that is BS

Your situation sounds almost exactly like me.

Also in Texas and I'm also looking for a 2020 Civic Hatchback Sport (CVT). The MSRP is $24,605 and the dealer only discounted $650 (about 2.5%). After taxes, title, fees, no accessories, it comes to about $25,850 OTD.

Way too high compared to some of these other deals I've seen in the same area. The "average" savings off MSRP I've seen is about 5% and even more if these other reports are accurate.

This was pre-covid though :rolleyes:

Update: Got some some new numbers from a dealer:

MSRP: 24,605
Sale: 22,500 (no add-ons)
OTD: 24,300

Yay/nay? If I can hold out until Labor Day or December, the deals will only get better right? What number range is fair for this trim?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Pitt-Civ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer, 2020 Civic Hatch EX
Country flag
This is pretty much the same here in PA, although the dealer discount I've found is getting it down to 23,125. Then with fees, and taxes I got a quote of about 25,100 otd. After several dealers haven't budged below the 23k mark since most of the dealers around me have very limited supply. The difference in monthly payment is about 5 bucks a month if I hold out for a better price.

fr0ggystyl

First Name
Ba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic sport sedan
Country flag
Took delivery of my 2019 civic sport sedan last year.
Added options
Vin etched
Invisishield
Wheel locks
Cargo tray
Around $19800 before tax after all fees and tax just a little under $22000. California

Last edited:

Darkmatter

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Some of you are great negotiators!

$24,500 + TTL for a 2020 Sonic Gray EX-L Hatchback in November 2019 (my DD)
$22,300 + TTL for a 2020 Red EX Coupe in July 2020 (for a family member in my house)

cheesesteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
2020 Honda Civic Si

I was looking at the only 2020 Black Si Coupe within 100mi. I called John Eagle Honda yesterday and bid on it for 25K OTD. they told me to come in, but when I was there they said 28.9k was the lowest OTD they could do. So I left and I was called back today and we settled on 26,250 OTD.

llDcCeZ.jpg

so all in all 26250 + 750 gap

I love it so far

P.S.
Finance tried to rape me in interest. I did a corporate purchase with myself as a PG. he said the interest rate was 5.9% I asked him what my credit was he said 795 Lol. So I said naw I’ll back out the deal unless u give me 3.9% and nothing higher. He “called” his director in front of me and got it down to 3.9 lol. He tried to rape me in wheel and tire and other maintenance warranties. I declined but did take the GAP for 750. Be careful guys if u get a good deal on the front end you’ll get raped in finance if you don’t know. That’s because they want to make up for the loss in the frontend.

Old post, but can someone help me with the math here?

The Documentary "doc" fee was $163 (which consists of the $118.25 license fee and $44.75 tags/title fee)

But they added these fees AGAIN at the bottom

118.25 license fee + 44.75 tags/title fee = $163, same as previous doc fee above

Did the dealer double dip and charge these items twice?

Or am I missing something here?

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Old post, but can someone help me with the math here?

The Documentary "doc" fee was $163 (which consists of the $118.25 license fee and $44.75 tags/title fee)

But they added these fees AGAIN at the bottom

118.25 license fee + 44.75 tags/title fee = $163, same as previous doc fee above

Did the dealer double dip and charge these items twice?

Or am I missing something here?
Doc fees are usually separate from license\tax\tags (LTT). It's probably a coincidence that they add up to the same amount. More importantly to me, who paid for all those extra add-ons? That was highway robbery!

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Doc fees are usually separate from license\tax\tags (LTT). It's probably a coincidence that they add up to the same amount. More importantly to me, who paid for all those extra add-ons? That was highway robbery!
Correct on both counts. Doc fee's are separate, and last I checked the dealer has to charge everyone the same fee, but they decide what that fee is.

Those extra's are insane, and shouldn't be charged for. I guarantee if you said no to all of them (except the "value" and "protection" package" w/e that is) they'd leave it on the car and not charge for it. 200$ pinstripe is literally robbery.

cheesesteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Doc fees are usually separate from license\tax\tags (LTT). It's probably a coincidence that they add up to the same amount.
I thought so too, but you can never be too careful about "mistakes" or "coincidences" when it comes to a car dealer. Hope more people can chime in.

Cope1312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX with 300,000 miles
Country flag
a
This is pretty much the same here in PA, although the dealer discount I've found is getting it down to 23,125. Then with fees, and taxes I got a quote of about 25,100 otd. After several dealers haven't budged below the 23k mark since most of the dealers around me have very limited supply. The difference in monthly payment is about 5 bucks a month if I hold out for a better price.
Did you ever get the price you wanted?

Pitt-Civ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer, 2020 Civic Hatch EX
Country flag
Did you ever get the price you wanted?
I actually haven't even gotten mine yet. My friend works at a dealer near Pitt, and he was the one I've been going back and forth with for pricing. He said he put an order in for 1, but it hasn't arrived, which is kinda killing me because other local dealers have gotten some in. The prices that he was giving me just into "covid" worked out being roughly the same at all dealers. However, it seems that some dealers are getting more stock in and the new stock actually has a lower msrp by about 1k, and one of my friend's local competitors gave me a quote of $23,400 out the door, which is about 1,600 cheaper than what they could do just a couple months ago. If my friend can't do this deal or relatively close, then I'll check in with that competitor.

toadislost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Sedan 1.5l Turbo
Country flag
I paid $25,645.14 out the door for a 2020 Civic Ex Sedan 1.5L-T, came with security system and surface protection (both of which I told them I didn't want so they took off the whole price for surface protection which was $1,300 but also said I wouldn't be able to get any warranty claims through the appearance protection, and then $600 off the security system). Also came with wheel locks and at the last second I got him to throw in all weather floor mats for free as well. I also got Honda Care Sentinel for 72,000 or 6 years.

I'm really curious to what you guys think, did I overpay or get a good deal. I feel like I got a good deal but you know how it is, sometimes those dealerships are great at making you feel like you got a great deal but in reality you are getting ripped off. I'm just trying to get anybody else's honest outlook on my out the door price.

Thanks!!
:thumbsup:

jayman84

First Name
Jamey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Put a $500 deposit on a white 2020 Si sedan for $24,360 before tax and fees. Seems like a reasonably good deal from my searching for the last month or so. Lowest I saw other than this was $23,500 but it sold the day it went up after I spoke with the dealer. I've negotiated a good deal on my trade and the salesman I spoke with reassured me there are no add on's or crazy fee's but i'll be watching the paperwork closely. My credit is 820's so i'm hoping for the 1.9% apr financing to help too. Does this seem like a good deal for the Si Sedan?

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Depending on where you live Honda not longer offers its lowest APR on Civic CTR or Si!
Sponsored

Last edited: