What did you pay?

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic LX Sedan, 2006 Element AWD
Country flag
Just our experience: We gave the dealer a bottom-line OTD price including everything - taxes, title, destination & handling fees, etc. That is, the final number printed on the check to purchase.

It's a lot easier for the purposes of posting in this forum to just say what you paid in this manner - but everybody needs to remember that their mileage will differ because of differences in taxation. It also helps to make sure you know about all the taxes due. We found out after the fact that our county charges a small personal property tax on cars bought in our state.
Sponsored

lo-fo

First Name
j.lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic hb sport
Country flag
Wow I'm surprised yours was that high. I helped my girlfriend negotiate a 2018 EX-L Hatchback for 24.5 OTD back in May but that's probably because they were trying to get rid of 2018 stock. What was your pricing before TTL?
$23,600

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
I think it is most helpful to know the full price breakdown when sharing numbers. A lot of dealerships won't mind selling you one for 22k only because they will either rob you on your trade and/or stick it to you in fees. Someone on here said they got one for 22k flat but when they shared the numbers, it ended up being over 25k OTD. Me personally, the only price I am focused on is that final OTD number. I let the sales people know I'm not there to waste their time and certainly hope they aren't going to waste mine. When I bought the Si, the finance guy told me it was one of the quickest deals he's ever done. Sat down, declined all the extra garbage such as extended warranty, paint protection, tire insurance, etc., printed out the paperwork, and wrote the check. When you start factoring in a trade and/or financing, that OTD number changes even more due to how much of a hit you took on the trade as well as what interest rate you are getting.

Wiley

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline
Country flag
Just our experience: We gave the dealer a bottom-line OTD price including everything - taxes, title, destination & handling fees, etc. That is, the final number printed on the check to purchase.

It's a lot easier for the purposes of posting in this forum to just say what you paid in this manner - but everybody needs to remember that their mileage will differ because of differences in taxation.........
Precisely why it shouldn't be quoted as such on a forum. Or if one doesn't want to post what they paid minus whatever taxes and license fees they included for their particular state so those in different states can compare, then at least itemize each and every line item and we can do the math ourselves.

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
Maybe im too young and dont understand finances or big purchases that well yet. But i honestly couldn't tell you what my price was before fees and taxes without digging out my receipt. I had a price range i was willing to pay for the car and i found it. Cut the check and i was done. I let the dealership worry about the fees.

My only concern was how much money i was paying when the deal was done. Maybe im silly, but i feel i got a good deal.

RKS17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37s
Country flag
I think it is most helpful to know the full price breakdown when sharing numbers. A lot of dealerships won't mind selling you one for 22k only because they will either rob you on your trade and/or stick it to you in fees. Someone on here said they got one for 22k flat but when they shared the numbers, it ended up being over 25k OTD. Me personally, the only price I am focused on is that final OTD number. I let the sales people know I'm not there to waste their time and certainly hope they aren't going to waste mine. When I bought the Si, the finance guy told me it was one of the quickest deals he's ever done. Sat down, declined all the extra garbage such as extended warranty, paint protection, tire insurance, etc., printed out the paperwork, and wrote the check. When you start factoring in a trade and/or financing, that OTD number changes even more due to how much of a hit you took on the trade as well as what interest rate you are getting.
2020 Honda Civic Si Retail
Your Exclusive Internet Price
$22,220
Destination Charge
$930
Documentation & Processing Fee
$250
Ohio Sales Tax Warren County 7%
$1,638
Government & License Fees
$48.50
Your Total Out the Door
$25,086.50

The only variable fee for me would be the $250 for Documentation & Processing. I think S22,220 is pretty good if the Invoice is $24,150 on a new MY Si that is selling well.

Edit: added purchase agreement. When I went to buy the car my salesman/friend was not in and they asked me for $2700 more than we agreed upon. I said they were incorrect and I'm not sure what happened but the came down to the agreed-upon amount a few minutes later.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you pay? 20200106_070027

Last edited:

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
2020 Honda Civic Si Retail
Your Exclusive Internet Price
$22,220
Destination Charge
$930
Documentation & Processing Fee
$250
Ohio Sales Tax Warren County 7%
$1,638
Government & License Fees
$48.50
Your Total Out the Door
$25,086.50

The only variable fee for me would be the $250 for Documentation & Processing. I think S22,220 is pretty good if the Invoice is $24,150 on a new MY Si that is selling well.
I don't disagree. I paid just a smidge less than that.

Crakzor

First Name
Mathanael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevy Cruze, 2020 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2020 Honda Civic Si

I was looking at the only 2020 Black Si Coupe within 100mi. I called John Eagle Honda yesterday and bid on it for 25K OTD. they told me to come in, but when I was there they said 28.9k was the lowest OTD they could do. So I left and I was called back today and we settled on 26,250 OTD.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you pay? llDcCeZ

so all in all 26250 + 750 gap

I love it so far

P.S.
Finance tried to rape me in interest. I did a corporate purchase with myself as a PG. he said the interest rate was 5.9% I asked him what my credit was he said 795 Lol. So I said naw I’ll back out the deal unless u give me 3.9% and nothing higher. He “called” his director in front of me and got it down to 3.9 lol. He tried to rape me in wheel and tire and other maintenance warranties. I declined but did take the GAP for 750. Be careful guys if u get a good deal on the front end you’ll get raped in finance if you don’t know. That’s because they want to make up for the loss in the frontend.

RKS17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37s
Country flag
The $22,222 seems close to most selling floors for an Si. WTF is in the Value and Protection packages though??

You have a good Cedit Score, did you have to use their financing?

Was Gap available from your insurance at a lower rate?

Congrats on the car!

Evo_s4

First Name
Aye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW M3
Country flag
2020 Honda Civic Si

I was looking at the only 2020 Black Si Coupe within 100mi. I called John Eagle Honda yesterday and bid on it for 25K OTD. they told me to come in, but when I was there they said 28.9k was the lowest OTD they could do. So I left and I was called back today and we settled on 26,250 OTD.

llDcCeZ.jpg

I love it so far

P.S.
Finance tried to rape me in interest. I did a corporate purchase with myself as a PG. he said the interest rate was 5.9% I asked him what my credit was he said 795 Lol. So I said naw I’ll back out the deal unless u give me 3.9% and nothing higher. He “called” his director in front of me and got it down to 3.9 lol. He tried to rape me in wheel and tire and other maintenance warranties. I declined but did take the GAP for 750. Be careful guys if u get a good deal on the front end you’ll get raped in finance if you don’t know. That’s because they want to make up for the loss in the frontend.
If you over 750, you should accept nothing over 2.9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
26.9 +ttl
2020 hatchback sport touring cvt
socal is expensive =/ but i think i got a pretty alright price and i'm exceptionally happy with the car. paying under invoice for a brand new car seems like somewhat of a win to me.

DoctorC

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in Sonic Gray
Country flag
26.9 +ttl
2020 hatchback sport touring cvt
socal is expensive =/ but i think i got a pretty alright price and i'm exceptionally happy with the car. paying under invoice for a brand new car seems like somewhat of a win to me.
That is right where I hope to get at the lowest before taxes and fees so that is a pretty damn good deal. I'm prepared to go as high as 27,500 before taxes but I really hope to get it under that too.

Itsawgood

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic si energy green
Country flag
2020 Honda Civic Si

llDcCeZ.jpg

I love it so far

P.S.
They didn't lose in the front end, you paid $2100 in value, pinstripe, etc. They only have a few hundred dollars invested in those bs charges. Don't ever let them add 1 thing to the sale, except the car itself. You could have done $24000 Otd. If not there somewhere.
Thanks for posting all your info like this, this a great way for others to learn, You're not winning when you play invoice, The dealer has thousands of dollars to play with. $2000+. Go the end of the month and just offer to make them a unit and they may lose a couple thousand dollars to reach their quotas.

Great post, very beneficial

dre_dayy

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 2018 civic
Country flag
2019 SGP CTR
37,711 before taxes
38,294 after all taxes/fees