What did you pay?

jonneyboy25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 civic
Country flag
With all the dealers getting the new civics in this week and Honda official releasing the 12th as the official on sale date. Please post what you bought you new civic for...out the door prices...any free accessories thrown in?

Post up your story for the others to use!
Sponsored

C Note

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
Truecar shows some cars at barely over invoice in some markets already so make sure to do your research before going in to negotiate. Search truecar, find some good deals, print it, and ask the dealer to match or beat.

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
An update. There are two Tourings in my area (within 30 miles of my house) that have a price listed about $1k under MSRP on cars.com

I've been saving the listings for negotiation with my local dealer.

firstblud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Seeing $25600 on true car here in the LA area

edit: for touring

Last edited:

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I noticed truecar was showing some prices almost 2k under MSRP. I wonder if they will hold up when you go to the dealer.

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What I try to do is build the truecar price based on what I see in stock at a dealer. It's no guarantee but it should help the odds.

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I went to my local dealer and test drove an EX. Then we got to discussing the price on a touring (they had none in stock however). He tried to give me a $1,500 market adjustment on top of msrp and destination, so $28,800. I said call me when you get some and maybe we can do better.

Going tomorrow to look at a modern steel touring at a different dealer.

I might go for msrp, but a market adjustment ? Gtfo with that bs.

Last edited:

CaptK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru XV Crosstek
So I went to my local dealer and test drove an EX. Then we got to discussing the price on a touring (they had none in stock however). He tried to give me a $1,500 market adjustment on top of msrp and destination, so $28,800. I said call me when you get some and maybe we can do better.

Going tomorrow to look at a modern steel touring at a different dealer.

I might go for msrp, but a market adjustment ? Gtfo with that bs.
That's silly. Look elsewhere. AFAIK all the guys here who've taken delivery have paid no higher than MSRP and at least one has gotten under MSRP. And the guys who paid MSRP have had a bunch of stuff thrown in or some $ added to trade-in values.

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's silly. Look elsewhere. AFAIK all the guys here who've taken delivery have paid no higher than MSRP and at least one has gotten under MSRP. And the guys who paid MSRP have had a bunch of stuff thrown in or some $ added to trade-in values.
Yeah I going tomorrow morning to a different dealer where they actually have a touring.

$28.8k, I could get an exl v6 accord down to that hahaha.

ahitchcox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
Thank you. It actually wasn't that tough of a negotiation. My bank has a car buying service, I just go online and tell it what kind of car I want and then they send the information to a few local dealers. The bank then tells me what the MSRP is and what the banks suggested price I should pay is. Very shortly after that two different dealers e-mailed me their prices.

Dealer A's price was the MSRP, Dealer B actually came in higher than the MSRP. I emailed dealer A and told them I could get that price from any Honda dealer and they would have to do better than that. I also told them my bank gave me a estimate of how much I should pay (somewhere in the low $18,000 range). They then countered with the $18,990 including the dest.

I then emailed dealer B and asked them if they could match/beat that price. They told me since the 16 just came out and they had so many 15's left he couldn't go any lower than his initial price.

I took that $18,990 and went to a Honda dealer that was closer to me. I had been at this delaer last week and test drove the '16 Civic, I liked the dealership so I wanted to give them a chance to match the price, especially since it was closer. His first offer was the MSRP, I then told him a different Honda dealer in the area offered me $18,990 but I wanted to see if he could match that price since I had been to his dealership first. He barely glanced at the quote and then talked to his manager. He came back and asked if they matched the price if I was willinng to buy it.

I don't mind haggling with car dealers, but this was definitely the easiest negotiating I have ever done. I don't think I would have gotten this price without using my banks car buying service though. I also thought they would give me less for my trade in but they actually gave me a couple hundred more than I expected.
Sponsored