What did you pay?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Does anyone have any pointers for buying a car out of state? I'm close to finalizing a deal. They want a deposit. That's fine. What should I get in writing when I pay the deposit? Also, when it comes time to pay for the car what should be in writing before we drive 200+ miles to get the vehicle? Should I get the VIN # ahead of time to give to bank and auto-insurance? Thanks everyone for all of the help.

calicivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 integra, 2012 benz c300, Honda civic 2016 WOP touring
Vin and
Does anyone have any pointers for buying a car out of state? I'm close to finalizing a deal. They want a deposit. That's fine. What should I get in writing when I pay the deposit? Also, when it comes time to pay for the car what should be in writing before we drive 200+ miles to get the vehicle? Should I get the VIN # ahead of time to give to bank and auto-insurance? Thanks everyone for all of the help.

Vin of the car and a official Honda stamp commitment letter imo. May I ask how many miles is the dealer from you?

calicivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wish I could get prices that cheap up in NJ. They want 24600 before ttl..
It took me and my co worked about 2 months emailing and calling dealers and research about them before we pull our triggers to buy. But there were many failure before I got the price that I'm willing to pay.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Vin and

Vin of the car and a official Honda stamp commitment letter imo. May I ask how many miles is the dealer from you?
Thanks. Dealer is about 200 miles from me! And what is a Honda stamp commitment letter? Just their offer an Honda letterhead?

calicivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. Dealer is about 200 miles from me! And what is a Honda stamp commitment letter? Just their offer an Honda letterhead?
pretty much from my understanding from any professional business they should have a unique letter head that only they have it like a template that Honda use.

Arsik_22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord
Country flag
I was set on buying a touring coupe but the more i think about it, I dont know if i need that trim level. The EX L still seems like a good option and still has most of the features i want. I was told by Robertson Honda in NoHo that a touring would be $27,539 after TTL. What do you think would be a good price for an EX L? Do you guys that own a civic with honda sensing, are the safety features worth $3,000 more ? That and the led headlights were the only things i wanted but i dont know if i really need them. Any advice would be appreciated.

calicivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was set on buying a touring coupe but the more i think about it, I dont know if i need that trim level. The EX L still seems like a good option and still has most of the features i want. I was told by Robertson Honda in NoHo that a touring would be $27,539 after TTL. What do you think would be a good price for an EX L? Do you guys that own a civic with honda sensing, are the safety features worth $3,000 more ? That and the led headlights were the only things i wanted but i dont know if i really need them. Any advice would be appreciated.

I own a touring sedan and I love the sensing feature because I usually drive 2 to 4 hours when I get my days off from work to go out. Basically the car drive it self when I turn on the sensing and mitigation etc.. I too originally was going to get an ext w/sensing for 23k OTd until I got a great deal on the touring I couldn't resist which was 25.5k Otd to me it's worth every penny of it.

CaliSpartan

2016 EX-T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
2016 Honda Civic Ex Turbo

South Bay, CA

MSRP: 23,038
Invoice: 21,699.04
Tax: 1,710.07
Total Cash Price: 21,857.52
Purchase Price/OTD: 22,098.27 ( after ttl)
OTD w/College Grad $21,598.27 (after ttl) then a $1,500 down payment

***original price forgot some and I included the down payment+grad rebate totalling 2k***

Last edited:

Oscuro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Price on EX Sedan with Honda Sensing (WITH NO DEALER ADD-ONS) is going down in Texas!!

Lowest quote thus far (from Loving Honda in Lufkin, TX):

MSRP: 22,875.00
Discount: 2,610.17
Adjusted Price: 20,264.83
Tax: 1,266.55
Doc Fee: 125.00
Non Tax Fee: 243.62
OTD: 21,900.00

These guys have been the nicest and most understanding dealership in all of Texas. If you like this deal, talk with James Bruce. I did not accept this price as I am trying to be close to $21,000 OTD, however I promised them since they were nice that I would spread the word so there ya have it! :)

CaliSpartan

2016 EX-T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Is the purchase price OTD, or before TTL?
OTD.

How?
I had a friend who used to work at a busy dealership in LA help throughout the entire process. Once we got the lowest price from every dealer in the area, we did the walk out the door approach, we were actually on our way to a dealership for a higher pricedeal when we walked into a dealership on the way asking if they could beat it. I'm a college graduate with a great credit score but minimal history (4 years) and no large purchases, one line of credit. I didn't want a cosigner and they were trying to get me at 6%. We refused and so the finance manager finally budged and said 3.5%. When he sent it in Honda rejected it, to keep his word he dropped the car another $600 (the difference in price for the interest rate, which I'll be refinancing anyways). He said to close the deal though at least give his dealership an excellent yelp review and feedback (which was an obvious yes). That's how we got such a low cost. There's more to the story but hope that helps. I can post the paperwork as proof if people really want to see it.

Oscuro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
OTD.

How?
I had a friend who used to work at a busy dealership in LA help throughout the entire process. Once we got the lowest price from every dealer in the area, we did the walk out the door approach, we were actually on our way to a dealership for a higher pricedeal when we walked into a dealership on the way asking if they could beat it. I'm a college graduate with a great credit score but minimal history (4 years) and no large purchases, one line of credit. I didn't want a cosigner and they were trying to get me at 6%. We refused and so the finance manager finally budged and said 3.5%. When he sent it in Honda rejected it, to keep his word he dropped the car another $600 (the difference in price for the interest rate, which I'll be refinancing anyways). He said to close the deal though at least give his dealership an excellent yelp review and feedback (which was an obvious yes). That's how we got such a low cost. There's more to the story but hope that helps. I can post the paperwork as proof if people really want to see it.
YES. PAPERWORK. PLEASE. LOL. Not sarcasm. It will help tons!

CaliSpartan

2016 EX-T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
YES. PAPERWORK. PLEASE. LOL. Not sarcasm. It will help tons!
My bad man, this didn't include my $1,500 down payment or the $500 college credit. Paperwork attached. I've been throwing back a few brews and posted the data I had in my excel sheet

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you pay? FullSizeRender

Last edited:

fijizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring Sedan - Modern Steel Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
OTD.

How?
That's fantastic! I'll try that dealership for my touring sedan. May I use you as a reference in hopes of getting a great deal? Any help would be greatly appreciated, sir!

Thank you.
Sponsored