What did you pay?

Brony2012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Accord EX Sedan
Country flag
No this is not a good deal. MSRP is 22,375. You won't be able to get $3k off the sticker, but you should get under $20k. The pricing I see is $19,6. Even if you have to give up some, you can get it under $20. All those add ons you are mentioning you can toss in $200. So ask for $19,8 or you walk. If you really want to give in then $20k is your line in the sand.

$21,5 is a rip off. Esp in NC where it's cheaper than CA. Don't be afraid to say what you want.
So far I've spoken with every dealership in a 100 mile radius and when I tell them that other dealerships are offering $21,500 OTD, they literally tell me that that offer is unrealistic and they cannot beat it. I'm not sure what to do at this point. And I'm putting down a $7,500 down payment, along with the $500 recent college grad, so I feel like it should be lower than $21,500 but at this point I have no idea how to lower it since so many other dealerships have told me they can't beat that price. Ugh, I hate negotiations.
Sponsored

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
So far I've spoken with every dealership in a 100 mile radius and when I tell them that other dealerships are offering $21,500 OTD, they literally tell me that that offer is unrealistic and they cannot beat it. I'm not sure what to do at this point. And I'm putting down a $7,500 down payment, along with the $500 recent college grad, so I feel like it should be lower than $21,500 but at this point I have no idea how to lower it since so many other dealerships have told me they can't beat that price. Ugh, I hate negotiations.
Are you negotiating over the phone ? Why are you not going in in person ?

Believe me, when they know you will buy TODAY and you are in person they will negotiate. You are not going in in person so they can say whatever they want to you and you are believing it.

Go in to the dealer, tell them you want to buy today at $19,200 (starting point), then move in $100 increments but stay under $20k).

These people are totally screwing with you. Having someone come in in person wanting to buy that day then walking out will get their attention. A college student calling in and asking around will not.

You should message this guy:

http://www.civicx.com/threads/what-did-you-pay.617/page-239#post-155026

He lives in NC and was able to get under $20k for an automatic before TTL

Brony2012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Are you negotiating over the phone ? Why are you not going in in person ?

Believe me, when they know you will buy TODAY and you are in person they will negotiate. You are not going in in person so they can say whatever they want to you and you are believing it.

Go in to the dealer, tell them you want to buy today at $19,200 (starting point), then move in $100 increments but stay under $20k).

These people are totally screwing with you. Having someone come in in person wanting to buy that day then walking out will get their attention. A college student calling in and asking around will not.
It's been email only since I like everything in writing so I can hold them to their word. I can go into a dealership when they open today and try negotiating something, but isn't demanding a certain price out of the gate seen kind of like a jerk thing to do? I mean, I don't want to be to ridiculous and have them laugh at me as I walk out the door with my tail between my legs.

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
It's been email only since I like everything in writing so I can hold them to their word. I can go into a dealership when they open today and try negotiating something, but isn't demanding a certain price out of the gate seen kind of like a jerk thing to do? I mean, I don't want to be to ridiculous and have them laugh at me as I walk out the door with my tail between my legs.
Short answer no. Even if you undercut them, they will make it up with another customer down the line. There are 2 ppl I talked to recently who seriously overpaid for their cars (non-civic).

Even if you come off strong, they'll get over it....I get where you are coming from and you want to be polite, I'm originally from the Midwest so respect is a big thing as well. This is merely business, it's not personal. Here in California people are not quite as nice so it's really just business as usual at this point lol.

If you really feel uncomfortable then that's ok, but you'll be paying $1,500 more than you'd need to be.

Oh yeah and the e-mails, they will tack on fees or some other charges to try and extract more money from you so be careful. Destination fee, etc.....all bs

Brony2012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Short answer no. Even if you undercut them, they will make it up with another customer down the line. There are 2 ppl I talked to recently who seriously overpaid for their cars (non-civic).

Even if you come off strong, they'll get over it....I get where you are coming from and you want to be polite, I'm originally from the Midwest so respect is a big thing as well. This is merely business, it's not personal. Here in California people are not quite as nice so it's really just business as usual at this point lol.

If you really feel uncomfortable then that's ok, but you'll be paying $1,500 more than you'd need to be.

Oh yeah and the e-mails, they will tack on fees or some other charges to try and extract more money from you so be careful. Destination fee, etc.....all bs
I'm going to go there as soon as they open tomorrow. I'll get this sorted out even if I have to walk. Thanks for the advice.

skrappss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Pathfinder
Country flag
I'm going to go there as soon as they open tomorrow. I'll get this sorted out even if I have to walk. Thanks for the advice.

Good morning, I am in kind of a bad position in the way that I can't find a 2017 civic hatchback sport black 6MT anywhere in NY... I ordered one, have been waiting 7 weeks to only find out that the order was cancelled by Honda (I'll spare you the details). I know it may sound crazy but I want this specific trim, color, etc. and I am not changing my mind. With all that said, I found a local dealership yesterday that told me about one 2+ hours away and about to leave to take a drive to see it.

I feel like I am going to be an easy target for a bad deal when they see I drove 100+ miles for something so specific... with all that said, I hope to try and get the best deal possible with keeping my poker face knowing that this may be the ONLY car in NY that is exactly what I want. I have read through several of these pages and with what others paid but it's hard when there are so MANY .

The bottom line - What is the best OTD price I should pay for a 2017 Black pearl Civic Hatchback 6MT? I am hoping to get 1500 off the MSRP at a minimum but what else should I ask for in addition to cutting the price of the car? Mud guards? Heavy duty mats? Wheel locks?

The final thing is that most dealerships throw in some sort of free service like oil changes, car washes, etc. knowing that I'm not going to drive 2-3hrs for an oil change, can I ask them to take something off the car price or throw something in to replace that?

Sorry for the rambling, just want to get the best deal possible, thank you. (I will post pics if I buy the car today).

Thank you

kittyrichie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good morning, I am in kind of a bad position in the way that I can't find a 2017 civic hatchback sport black 6MT anywhere in NY... I ordered one, have been waiting 7 weeks to only find out that the order was cancelled by Honda (I'll spare you the details). I know it may sound crazy but I want this specific trim, color, etc. and I am not changing my mind. With all that said, I found a local dealership yesterday that told me about one 2+ hours away and about to leave to take a drive to see it.

I feel like I am going to be an easy target for a bad deal when they see I drove 100+ miles for something so specific... with all that said, I hope to try and get the best deal possible with keeping my poker face knowing that this may be the ONLY car in NY that is exactly what I want. I have read through several of these pages and with what others paid but it's hard when there are so MANY .

The bottom line - What is the best OTD price I should pay for a 2017 Black pearl Civic Hatchback 6MT? I am hoping to get 1500 off the MSRP at a minimum but what else should I ask for in addition to cutting the price of the car? Mud guards? Heavy duty mats? Wheel locks?

The final thing is that most dealerships throw in some sort of free service like oil changes, car washes, etc. knowing that I'm not going to drive 2-3hrs for an oil change, can I ask them to take something off the car price or throw something in to replace that?

Sorry for the rambling, just want to get the best deal possible, thank you. (I will post pics if I buy the car today).

Thank you
I just bought an automatic Hatch Sport in the beginning of February. The price of my car included all-weather floor mats (not high wall) and remote engine start installation. I bought my Hatch for 22,000 flat out the door, taxes, title, and all.

1.5CivicEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I just bought an automatic Hatch Sport in the beginning of February. The price of my car included all-weather floor mats (not high wall) and remote engine start installation. I bought my Hatch for 22,000 flat out the door, taxes, title, and all.
What was the price of just the car with delivery included? Your taxes and title etc. will differ from everyone else.

Brony2012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just went to both of my dealerships in my local area and they both said that they cannot acquire a Honda Civic Sedan EX-T manual transmission at all. So I'm stuck paying $21,500 OTD including mud guards, a trunk tray and wheel locks in order to get the vehicle I want, at a dealership over an hour away. At this point I'm even considering getting a CVT, since it will be cheaper than $21,500 OTD because I can negotiate easily with that one.

Carrera

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Share a 2015 Rav4
Country flag
http://www.zeiglerhondaamherst.com/new/Honda/2017-Honda-Civic-8850a9b80a0e0a1709e1ddd3a21904a7.htm

Thank you

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I just went to both of my dealerships in my local area and they both said that they cannot acquire a Honda Civic Sedan EX-T manual transmission at all. So I'm stuck paying $21,500 OTD including mud guards, a trunk tray and wheel locks in order to get the vehicle I want, at a dealership over an hour away. At this point I'm even considering getting a CVT, since it will be cheaper than $21,500 OTD because I can negotiate easily with that one.
http://m.wikihow.com/Order-a-Factory-Vehicle

Its not that can't get a car they just don't want to. Factory orders can be made if the dealer wants. I don't know what happened when you went today but I don't believe that 21, 500 is the best because a poster here from NC got an automatic cvt for 21,500 after TTL.

It's possible that you location is small and you would have to leave the area for a better deal.... That may be possible. There was someone here who bought in LA from San Francisco which is a 7 hr drive if not more but got a car a few thousand dollars less otherwise.

Good luck!

1.5CivicEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
You're not kidding, I can't find one in your area, though I only did a quick search. A few options if you like taking road trips:

http://www.sanfordhonda.com/inventory/new-2017-honda-civic-sedan-ex-t-fwd-4dr-car-2hgfc1e33hh645261

http://www.covingtonhondanissan.com/new/Honda/2017-Honda-Civic-6899989d0a0e0ae8192de0eb43d0784e.htm

https://www.hondaconyers.com/vehicle-details/new-2017-honda-civic-sedan-ex-t-2HGFC1E37HH630696

Highly recommend not getting a CVT if you want a manual. I think I said that before. I cannot stress that enough!!

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
What did you pay? Look how the Honda 2010 subcompact went to 2016 midsize car. And what about the civic cost in 2010 and 2016 and 2017. Take a look back.

DSCN1361.JPG

DSCN1362.JPG

DSCN1363.JPG

DSCN1364.JPG
Given how much car you get for your money the Touring really is a great deal, nothing else in it's price range has all those features