What did you pay?

PRak_CivX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXL
They must be hurting to offer it this early in the month... Regardless, you are a lucky one. Enjoy your new car.
Sponsored

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Its definitely been very quiet there the 3 times I have been there in the last week.
1 trip to test drive
1 trip to sign the paperwork
1 trip to take delivery after they located it
Historically it's a really bad month for sales, so maybe they are just hedging their bets?
I don't know lol all I know is I feel very lucky. Though someone else did pay 24k on a different Civic forum I am a member of, which isn't far off from what I paid.

Golf6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK6 Golf
I have no idea, no "hush" money was ever mentioned to me, and hush money would require a non disclosure, which I did not have to sign one.
They are the 2nd largest Honda dealer in my state and they have a LOT of 2016 Civics in stock, perhaps they get a volume sale discount from Honda.
Either way I'm not complaining, I know I got the deal of the century :)
Also can't hurt that we're 2 weeks from end of the calendar year so dealers could be looking to get as many sales on the books as possible for their annual sales numbers.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Also can't hurt that we're 2 weeks from end of the calendar year so dealers could be looking to get as many sales on the books as possible for their annual sales numbers.
That too, it could be their annual numbers they are trying to boost, not their their monthly sales.

dabearshark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just got an OTD quote of 22.6k for the ex w sensing at Honda of tysons corner in va. Seeing if any local dealers are willing to match something similar.

pr_civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Planet Honda in Union, NJ. They're one of the bigger dealers on the East Coast. I purchased my 8th gen Civic and '13 Accord sport from there. If you come in with you're "A" game in negotiating and willing to grind it out, you'll leave with a great deal.

I'm willing to provide my salesperson in order for you to get the same if not better price. I would strongly suggest to pull the trigger at the end of the month.
Hi, Could you forward me the details of the the salesperson, I am also looking to buy from planet honda NJ. Thanks

kcjonz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Audi S6, 2015 Odyssey Elite, 2002 Civic EX, 2000 CR-V EX
I spoke with the New Car Manager last night and told him I wanted $25 OTD for two Touring for my daughters Christmas presents. He told me best he could do was $27.

I mentioned some of the deals stated on here and he said "If you can show me paperwork where anyone bought for under $25, I'll give you $1000 out of my pocket."

I asked if $27 was his absolute best and he said "My job is to beat other prices, you bring me a written offer and I'll beat it by $400."

He then hung up on me.

andrewatx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Touring
Just got dealer to approve a Touring at $25,943.00. I feel like I came out on top with this one!
Coming back with official numbers on this...

Selling Price: 25,943.00
Dealer's Inventory Tax: 59.67
Sales Tax: 1621.44
License Fee: 133.50
Title Fees: 33.00
Inspection Fees: 23.75
Documentation: 125.00

Total OTD: 27,939.36
(No Trade-In)

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I spoke with the New Car Manager last night and told him I wanted $25 OTD for two Touring for my daughters Christmas presents. He told me best he could do was $27.

I mentioned some of the deals stated on here and he said "If you can show me paperwork where anyone bought for under $25, I'll give you $1000 out of my pocket."

I asked if $27 was his absolute best and he said "My job is to beat other prices, you bring me a written offer and I'll beat it by $400."

He then hung up on me.
Wow what a jerk. I'd happily email you my deal

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
Dont always belive what you read on the internet. People saying that they bought a touring model for 23k out the door are nuts and looking for attention.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Dont always belive what you read on the internet. People saying that they bought a touring model for 23k out the door are nuts and looking for attention.
I can prove it, I have the contracts as proof and I am not looking for attention . I do not appreciate the insults either. Those who insult others without provocation are typically the ones seeking attention

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
I can prove it, I have the contracts as proof and I am not looking for attention . I do not appreciate the insults either. Those who insult others without provocation are typically the ones seeking attention
You forget to mention that Honda had to buy your crosstour back.... maybe they took off your down payment off the crosstour and put it on the civic.. No dealer is going to sell the car 5 to 6 grand off sticker. You cant even buy a 2015 civic with that much if a discount.

Last edited:

kcjonz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Audi S6, 2015 Odyssey Elite, 2002 Civic EX, 2000 CR-V EX
I have a meeting with another dealer tonight what can I realistically expect?

csoeffing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T HS Cosmic Blue
There seems to be some confusion (mostly perpetrated by dealers) as people are leaving fees and/or taxes out of their OTD pricing, which can complicate things.

The OTD ("Out the door") price should include everything except trade-in.

Can we please refrain from throwing insults in this thread.
Sponsored

Last edited: