What did you pay?

jhaze84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Touring, $25015, includes destination. Greater Boston area.

Ragu678

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 outlander sport , 2016 Civic Ralley Red Touring
Bought Ralley Red touring for $25,800. Had to go 100 miles to get the deal and the color I want.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I am very happy with my deal I got a 2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring and paid 23,474.00 out the door including taxes, at Lundgren Honda in Auburn MA. :yes:

PRak_CivX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXL
That is incredible, almost unbelievable if you ask me. Did this include a trade in? If not, I almost suspect that the dealer is losing money on the deal... Which means they must have been incredibly desperate to unload the car... Which worries me.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I broke even on the trade, so nothing was gotten there.
They are not selling much right now, a week before Christmas is a bad sale time for dealerships.
Perhaps taking a loss on one to report a sale on one to Honda got them some benefit?
Doesn't worry me, it's a brand new car, and they had to locate it and go get it elsewhere, so its not like there was something wrong with it and they were trying to ditch it.

PRak_CivX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXL
But they did get a car in return... So that skews the price comparison.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Actually my car is worth way less than they paid me for it. And they cannot resell my car because its all messed up.
I bought a Certified Pre Owned Crosstour from them, that they had it more than I did for the most of the last few months.
Honda Spent 10 grand in parts and still could not fix it.
So there is no way they are going to make any money off mine, they cannot even sell it, because they cannot even fix it.
So that did not effect the price.

PRak_CivX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXL
Interesting. Clearly there are special circumstances... Sounds like you may have got some "hush money" factored into your deal. I can't imagine anyone coming in off the street with no trade in and get this price.

C Note

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
I am very happy with my deal I got a 2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring and paid 23,474.00 out the door including taxes, at Lundgren Honda in Auburn MA. :yes:
Holy crap I don't think I've even seen a Touring posted here which sold for under $25k, much less under $24k! You got the car for more than $1000 below invoice :confused1:

Good job. :headbang:

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting. Clearly there are special circumstances... Sounds like you may have got some "hush money" factored into your deal. I can't imagine anyone coming in off the street with no trade in and get this price.
I have no idea, no "hush" money was ever mentioned to me, and hush money would require a non disclosure, which I did not have to sign one.
They are the 2nd largest Honda dealer in my state and they have a LOT of 2016 Civics in stock, perhaps they get a volume sale discount from Honda.
Either way I'm not complaining, I know I got the deal of the century :)

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Holy crap I don't think I've even seen a Touring posted here which sold for under $25k, much less under $24k! You got the car for more than $1000 below invoice :confused1:

Good job. :headbang:
Thanks! I'm a happy camper :D:D

PRak_CivX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXL
I have no idea, no "hush" money was ever mentioned to me, and hush money would require a non disclosure, which I did not have to sign one.
They are the 2nd largest Honda dealer in my state and they have a LOT of 2016 Civics in stock, perhaps they get a volume sale discount from Honda.
Either way I'm not complaining, I know I got the deal of the century :)
Yes you did. I am certainly jealous, as you got a touring for less than I paid for my EXL. And let me rephrase hush money to "customer satisfaction" money

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes you did. I am certainly jealous, as you got a touring for less than I paid for my EXL.
I think it likely has more to do with reporting good sales numbers.
Same thing happened a few years back when I got a CRV, they took a loss on the deal, then they got money for making a certain sales number for the month so they got the money on the back end
Sponsored