What did you pay?

crimson-civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BNP 2017 Civic Sedan EX-T
Country flag
I just bought a 2017 Civic Sedan EX-T for $20,475 + TTL.

Long story short, that price was an offer for a 2016 model. I went to the dealership to test drive it and agreed to buy it. When they started the paperwork, they realized I had been testing the 2017 model and they didn't have any 2016 EX-T models left in the color I wanted. So as an apology, the sales manager went ahead and gave me the 2017 model at the original 2016 price they quoted me.
Sponsored

d0uc124

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Avalon
I just bought a 2017 Civic Sedan EX-T for $20,475 + TTL.

Long story short, that price was an offer for a 2016 model. I went to the dealership to test drive it and agreed to buy it. When they started the paperwork, they realized I had been testing the 2017 model and they didn't have any 2016 EX-T models left in the color I wanted. So as an apology, the sales manager went ahead and gave me the 2017 model at the original 2016 price they quoted me.
Nice!! How much was it out of the door?

Andrew

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Yeah, I bought the car a couple of weeks ago and paid $25,000.00 total. The dealer was Hendrick Honda in Woodbridge; great place to do business in my opinion (albeit my experience is limited; this was my first time buying a car). Here's the receipt: http://i.imgur.com/LEUxeQZ.jpg (the vehicle price includes the destination charge I presume, and some accessories - wheel locks and splash guards - that had already been installed). They waived the extra thirty-three cents.
At first I thought you just made the deal of a lifetime, but realized this is for a coupe.
Still a great deal though!

twochains

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
In NC

Offer on 2016 Civic EX

PRICE $19,195 includes destination - Plus tax, doc and fees.

Deal or no deal?

flippers30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Got my touring for 26,848 OTD. Best price around twin cities / 6 Dealership.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you pay? 20161111_123036

*update added in a winter floormats for $156.

Last edited:

PenguinMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan, CosBlu
Honda's got some pretty crappy finance rates right now for the Civics. I think I was quoted 3.54% for 48 months vs 1.99% to 2.24% at credit unions. That's up to $700 extra in finance costs, so using college graduate incentives might actually lose you money unless you pay the loan off super early.

DjinTonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring, silver.
Country flag
For a car loan don't use Honda Financial, but rather play you bank against the dealer finance guy. Finance guys use a broker who, in turn, deals with a small number of banks constantly and in high volume. If you have good credit, a bank will want your lower-interest business rather than no business (when you tell them you have a better deal elsewhere). Of course in the end you may be bartering for small fractions of a point that don't affect the total interest that much.

BTW there are good online early payoff loan caculators that let you test out different monthly extra payments over your minimum to see 1) what you total interest savings would be, and 2) how many months early you'll pay off the loan. For example, if you took a 5 yr loan but really wanted a 4.5 yr which they didn't offer, just use trial and error numbers to figure out the extra payment to end 6 months early, and you will have your 4.5 yr loan at a lower interest rate! Note these are principal-only extra payments.

Last edited:

Snoopy11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Just got offer in NC for 2016 Civic Touring Sedan. is this a deal to jump on?
MSRP - 27,335
Discount - 3,335
Purchase - 24,000

Dealer Admin - 649
Tax - 739.47
Non-Tax Fees - 89.00

Total Out The Door - 25,477.47

If so what is the best rate I can assume through Honda Financial? and is there any warranty worth purchasing?
Sponsored