jayman84

First Name
Jamey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Honestly if you are able to refinance and if you will be fine getting to work/around in the meantime while waiting for the color you want, I would definitely just wait rather than spending the extra $1,500, the patience (as hard as it is trust me I know all too well) will definitely pay off, and then you can even use the extra $1,500 towards some mods to even make the car more to your liking!
That's true, you are right its so hard to learn patience especially when wheeling and dealing on cars is a stupid process itself (been haggling with dealers for about 3 weeks now and almost burned through most of my monthly wireless minutes).

I could just give him the $500 deposit and wait until i hear from him on locating one and then start the Carvana buying process. Might be a little overlap there until my old loan if paid off from them but it would work itself out in a few weeks.
Sponsored

RKS17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37s
Country flag
Thanks that helps out a lot seeing how they break it out. Seems like a better deal if I sold mine to Carvana since their offering 13,500 for my trade in (about 2k more than Wyler did). Only downside would be having to wait for them to find me one in the color I want. You mentioned the financing was weird though and a high apr. I wouldn't care about it if I was allowed to re-fi through my bank right away with no penalty. Did they say they didn't care if you did?

The other deal I have lined up is about a 2.5hr drive and would cost me about 1500 more in the end but they do have the car sitting there on site.

Didn't ask about re-fi but I imagine it's fine BUT auto loans are front-loaded so you want a bigger down-payment and finance a very small amount.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Thanks that helps out a lot seeing how they break it out. Seems like a better deal if I sold mine to Carvana since their offering 13,500 for my trade in (about 2k more than Wyler did). Only downside would be having to wait for them to find me one in the color I want. You mentioned the financing was weird though and a high apr. I wouldn't care about it if I was allowed to re-fi through my bank right away with no penalty. Did they say they didn't care if you did?

The other deal I have lined up is about a 2.5hr drive and would cost me about 1500 more in the end but they do have the car sitting there on site.
If you're planning to refinance immediately, just finance through them in the first place.

toadislost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Sedan 1.5l Turbo
Country flag
That's true, you are right its so hard to learn patience especially when wheeling and dealing on cars is a stupid process itself (been haggling with dealers for about 3 weeks now and almost burned through most of my monthly wireless minutes).

I could just give him the $500 deposit and wait until i hear from him on locating one and then start the Carvana buying process. Might be a little overlap there until my old loan if paid off from them but it would work itself out in a few weeks.
Oh man I know what you mean all too well. It took a total of 6 weeks of dealing with the dealers before I got the car at a deal that I thought was reasonable. But on one occasion at about 4 weeks in I was so tired of waiting I was about to sign and buy a car from another dealership, thankfully like the kid I am I called my mom because I knew she would give me the kick in the ass I needed to remind me its better to just wait it out and that I can always go back and get the same deal if I couldn’t find a better one (I’m 27 but sometimes my impulsive is that if a 15 year old). And thankfully I did because in the end I saved $2,000 for the same exact car! Don’t let them convince you that the car will be sold, with dealerships they are always getting more inventory in so if they do sell the color you want and dont have anymore on the lot, they will within a couple of weeks. I’m not too sure about carvana, but I bet its the same, they definitely want your money and want a lot more than just a down payment of $500 so they will work there ass off to get that color you want so that they can get the rest of your money so like you said it shouldn’t take more than a couple weeks.

RKS17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37s
Country flag
Oh man I know what you mean all too well. It took a total of 6 weeks of dealing with the dealers before I got the car at a deal that I thought was reasonable. But on one occasion at about 4 weeks in I was so tired of waiting I was about to sign and buy a car from another dealership, thankfully like the kid I am I called my mom because I knew she would give me the kick in the ass I needed to remind me its better to just wait it out and that I can always go back and get the same deal if I couldn’t find a better one (I’m 27 but sometimes my impulsive is that if a 15 year old). And thankfully I did because in the end I saved $2,000 for the same exact car! Don’t let them convince you that the car will be sold, with dealerships they are always getting more inventory in so if they do sell the color you want and dont have anymore on the lot, they will within a couple of weeks. I’m not too sure about carvana, but I bet its the same, they definitely want your money and want a lot more than just a down payment of $500 so they will work there ass off to get that color you want so that they can get the rest of your money so like you said it shouldn’t take more than a couple weeks.

It's not that easy with the Si since they are stopping production for a year. Around here the Si goes pretty fast. We agreed to purchase ours well before it was unloaded. my understanding is that the dealer had a number of inquiries for it even though it was already sold.

toadislost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's not that easy with the Si since they are stopping production for a year. Around here the Si goes pretty fast. We agreed to purchase ours well before it was unloaded. my understanding is that the dealer had a number of inquiries for it even though it was already sold.
Oh shit I missed that detail, yea it he is trying to get an si you’re right about that it definitely isn’t as easy and that definitely don’t get new ones on the lot as often as all the other models (except CTR of course).

But either way I still think being patient and trying not to rush because “you can’t wait anymore” (which is exactly what I was about to do) will pay off in the long run.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
then they don't give you a big discount.
If the loan front loads the interest, and you refinance immediately, you'll be paying the interest twice.

jayman84

First Name
Jamey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If the loan front loads the interest, and you refinance immediately, you'll be paying the interest twice.
Yeah I was worried about how that would work. I guess i'm going with the original deal further away as the dealer RK17 and I worked with won't honor that price anymore so he (and almost me) got in under the wire. Dealer said management put a stop to it a few days after he texted me the $22,075 price. Its all good though as the other deal is still 2K below MSRP and offered me good pricing on my trade (positive equity by about $9,600) so I don't feel like i'm getting shafted. This dealer also said they aren't honoring that price going forward either after me so I got in just under the wire with them and they had to turn multiple people away because I had already put my deposit on it.

Arsik_22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord
Country flag
Just picked up my first Civic! I went with a 2017 Hatchback sport touring with 23,000 miles for $22,750 before taxes (in CA). Based on autotrader/KBB, the price seemed solid but what do you guys think? I’m hoping I wasn’t jipped. Lol
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you pay? 1C7D571E-407B-4AAA-9CBD-9933B82300A7

LookingForFK7

First Name
Jaden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Country flag
Just picked up my first Civic! I went with a 2017 Hatchback sport touring with 23,000 miles for $22,750 before taxes (in CA). Based on autotrader/KBB, the price seemed solid but what do you guys think? I’m hoping I wasn’t jipped. Lol
1C7D571E-407B-4AAA-9CBD-9933B82300A7.jpeg
I've been shopping around pricing on a Sport Touring (new or used) also and that seems like a solid price! Especially for the relatively low miles for the year and here in CA.

RehabJP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stoneautotech.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
2020 Si Coupe. $25,200 for the car and a few extra bucks for the add on crap I got sucked into.

k6267

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX, 2018 Civic Touring, 2015 CR-V
Country flag
Sorry everybody don't mean to be annoying, just really wanted to get somebodies opinion on this, do you think I got a good enough deal or was I just convinced I was getting a good deal and in reality it is just average/not even that good of a deal.

Thanks again, I am a fairly new user but since my first post I have been posting non stop, I'm as addicted to this forum as I am addicted to modding the actual car, since I've started I haven't been able to stop! I'm loving this forum! Honestly thanks to everybody providing such an awesome place to discuss everything about our 10th gen civics, I have never spent so much time on a single forum in all my time on the internet, not even reddit!!!
Comparing OTD prices are useless, unless you are in the same state, since each state has different sales tax and other fees. Back in January, I bought a 2020 Civic EX Sedan, Molten Lava Pearl, no trade, cash deal, no add-ons, in Maryland for $21,800 (plus taxes, tags, and title). The car had a $24,630 MSRP (Sticker $23,700 + $930 Destination). My total OTD price was almost $1,000 less than yours. What was your actual purchase price for the car (no taxes, tags, and title)?

jayman84

First Name
Jamey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Drove 3hrs to pick up mine yesterday. Dealer honored the $24,360 we agreed upon earlier in the week. It was a pleasant experience even with getting a cracked windshield on the way down (just my luck) we haggled a little and only dropped the agreed trade in value down $200. We had to drive it out of the showroom when it was time.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you pay? IMG_20200821_180233

toadislost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Drove 3hrs to pick up mine yesterday. Dealer honored the $24,360 we agreed upon earlier in the week. It was a pleasant experience even with getting a cracked windshield on the way down (just my luck) we haggled a little and only dropped the agreed trade in value down $200. We had to drive it out of the showroom when it was time.

IMG_20200821_180233.jpg
She's a beauty!!

Congrats man :thumbsup:!!! Do enjoy it, you deserve it!!