jayman84

First Name
Jamey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Depending on where you live Honda not longer offers low APR on CTR or Si!
Yeah I guess i'll see. The only thing that made me think I would get it is the salesman mention 1.9% because of my credit score. Lowest I was seeing elsewhere was like 3.5%.
Sponsored

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
With a FICO over 800, you certainly qualify for a good rate. Interesting to hear what rate they offer you. 3.5 is about what local financial institutions in my area are offering.

RKS17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37s
Country flag
With a FICO over 800, you certainly qualify for a good rate. Interesting to hear what rate they offer you. 3.5 is about what local financial institutions in my area are offering.
My FICO is over 800 and they only offered me 5.1% via BoA (initially they said 6%).

RKS17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37s
Country flag
That's crazy. No way I would take that without refinancing elsewhere right after.
Wyler offers the Si at just over $22k if you finance with them so just put down the largest amount you can.

teetoe

First Name
Tito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatch Sport
Country flag
2020 Civic Hatch Sport SGP
$21800 for the car

$29394 total, because I got the warranty ($2866), realized it was a mistake and refunded it back 100%.

3.89% @ 72/mo

I'm in California and 20 years old, they tried to get me to take 8% but refused so talked it down, the process took about 10 hours. This was my first car, I previously owned a 97 corolla and 04 civic. Hopefully I got an okay deal.

Liegit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex-T CVT
Country flag
Looking at a new 2020 plat. White Pearl Civic SI coupe. MSRP: $26,155. Current price pre TT&L is $23,232. Should be just about $25,300. Is this a fair deal to take? Few other dealers in my area wouldn't even budge below MSRP.

Rossman

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport, 2004 Grand Am, 2007 Uplander
Country flag
On 7/11/20 I bought a new crystal black pearl 2020 Honda Civic Sport 2L sedan for $22,600 OTD. I also got them to throw in splash guards. The sales tax in Michigan is 6%. I contacted five other dealers and most of them wanted around $23,300 OTD. I also wanted one that had not been sitting on the lot since January here in Michigan. My Civic was assembled on 3/3/20 and had just arrived at the dealership.

jayman84

First Name
Jamey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Wyler offers the Si at just over $22k if you finance with them so just put down the largest amount you can.
Is that where you got yours? I had them offer me the same deal but there trade in was about 2k off. and they also don't have any sedans at the moment. He said I could pay cash that price as well but that would mean I would have to sell my car first and I don't want the hassle.

RKS17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37s
Country flag
Is that where you got yours? I had them offer me the same deal but there trade in was about 2k off. and they also don't have any sedans at the moment. He said I could pay cash that price as well but that would mean I would have to sell my car first and I don't want the hassle.
Yes. We had to wait a few weeks for a sedan to come in as well but we didn't have a trade-in.

jayman84

First Name
Jamey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes. We had to wait a few weeks for a sedan to come in as well but we didn't have a trade-in.
Doesn't sound too bad and they are closer than the other deal i have arranged. What was their fee's like? Do you have picture of the breakdown on what they charged you? Curious if the price was so cheap because they were going to try and add on a bunch of fee's at the end to make up for it.

toadislost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Sedan 1.5l Turbo
Country flag
Sorry everybody don't mean to be annoying, just really wanted to get somebodies opinion on this, do you think I got a good enough deal or was I just convinced I was getting a good deal and in reality it is just average/not even that good of a deal.

Thanks again, I am a fairly new user but since my first post I have been posting non stop, I'm as addicted to this forum as I am addicted to modding the actual car, since I've started I haven't been able to stop! I'm loving this forum! Honestly thanks to everybody providing such an awesome place to discuss everything about our 10th gen civics, I have never spent so much time on a single forum in all my time on the internet, not even reddit!!!

I paid $25,645.14 out the door for a 2020 Civic Ex Sedan 1.5L-T, came with security system and surface protection (both of which I told them I didn't want so they took off the whole price for surface protection which was $1,300 but also said I wouldn't be able to get any warranty claims through the appearance protection, and then $600 off the security system). Also came with wheel locks and at the last second I got him to throw in all weather floor mats for free as well. I also got Honda Care Sentinel for 72,000 or 6 years.

I'm really curious to what you guys think, did I overpay or get a good deal. I feel like I got a good deal but you know how it is, sometimes those dealerships are great at making you feel like you got a great deal but in reality you are getting ripped off. I'm just trying to get anybody else's honest outlook on my out the door price.

Thanks!!
:thumbsup:

RKS17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37s
Country flag
Doesn't sound too bad and they are closer than the other deal i have arranged. What was their fee's like? Do you have picture of the breakdown on what they charged you? Curious if the price was so cheap because they were going to try and add on a bunch of fee's at the end to make up for it.
pic

jayman84

First Name
Jamey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks that helps out a lot seeing how they break it out. Seems like a better deal if I sold mine to Carvana since their offering 13,500 for my trade in (about 2k more than Wyler did). Only downside would be having to wait for them to find me one in the color I want. You mentioned the financing was weird though and a high apr. I wouldn't care about it if I was allowed to re-fi through my bank right away with no penalty. Did they say they didn't care if you did?

The other deal I have lined up is about a 2.5hr drive and would cost me about 1500 more in the end but they do have the car sitting there on site.

toadislost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Sedan 1.5l Turbo
Country flag
Thanks that helps out a lot seeing how they break it out. Seems like a better deal if I sold mine to Carvana since their offering 13,500 for my trade in (about 2k more than Wyler did). Only downside would be having to wait for them to find me one in the color I want. You mentioned the financing was weird though and a high apr. I wouldn't care about it if I was allowed to re-fi through my bank right away with no penalty. Did they say they didn't care if you did?

The other deal I have lined up is about a 2.5hr drive and would cost me about 1500 more in the end but they do have the car sitting there on site.
Honestly if you are able to refinance and if you will be fine getting to work/around in the meantime while waiting for the color you want, I would definitely just wait rather than spending the extra $1,500, the patience (as hard as it is trust me I know all too well) will definitely pay off, and then you can even use the extra $1,500 towards some mods to even make the car more to your liking!
Sponsored