Bob_L

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Civic Type-R
Country flag
I installed Rally Armor mud flaps this evening. Oh, and the short time I had the car out in the driveway (too hot in the garage) it got covered in pollen. So now my Boost Blue is Boost Blue-Yellow. :p

-bob
Sponsored

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I installed Rally Armor mud flaps this evening. Oh, and the short time I had the car out in the driveway (too hot in the garage) it got covered in pollen. So now my Boost Blue is Boost Blue-Yellow. :p

-bob
Bob,
I think the blue covered in yellow pollen is (unofficially) called Gowashit Green.

Got a haircut Sunday, including wait, less than an hour, returned to... OhMyWash Orange.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 2802D0C1-787B-4ADB-BE14-990A2D629A07

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 24251BC1-0940-45A2-A4BF-C857A93B6B3F

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
I’ve almost bought wheels twice this week. Both times I backed out. Can’t make up my mind. I like the Titan-7 TS-5 in 19”, but I also like TE’s which seem to be 18” offerings for the most part. I think I’m going to wait until after my first track day next month. If I enjoy it and want to repeat it, I suspect the 18” Volks will make more sense than the 19” Titans, even though they are more money up front.

Project-09373

First Name
Chris B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RD7 | FK8 | YZF-R1
Country flag
Lowered on Swift springs today, 18x9.5 38et Gram DRs also on some thicc Federal 265/35/18

Build thread starts tomorrow with legit pics, I miss my DSLR

IMG_2601.JPG
Curious– does this setup rub at all?

I literally have the same wheel / tire combo at stock height. Looking for springs and this is exactly the height I would like.

Also, I'm assuming any lowering spring would decrease the stock strut life expectancy, correct?

Thanks in advance!

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve almost bought wheels twice this week. Both times I backed out. Can’t make up my mind. I like the Titan-7 TS-5 in 19”, but I also like TE’s which seem to be 18” offerings for the most part. I think I’m going to wait until after my first track day next month. If I enjoy it and want to repeat it, I suspect the 18” Volks will make more sense than the 19” Titans, even though they are more money up front.
That's funny I was in the same predicament last week. Actually found a great deal on a set of Titan7s and had the shop bring them out for me. I was just about to hand them payment when my friend talked me out of it to get what I really want.... Volks. Long story short put a down payment on some volks over the weekend. Woot woot.
Either way, @dwag0588 I think you will be happy with the two choices.

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
That's funny I was in the same predicament last week. Actually found a great deal on a set of Titan7s and had the shop bring them out for me. I was just about to hand them payment when my friend talked me out of it to get what I really want.... Volks. Long story short put a down payment on some volks over the weekend. Woot woot.
Either way, @dwag0588 I think you will be happy with the two choices.
Tbf, could you really go with titans based on your username? ?

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STI
Country flag

I literally have the same wheel / tire combo at stock height. Looking for springs and this is exactly the height I would like.

Also, I'm assuming any lowering spring would decrease the stock strut life expectancy, correct?

Thanks in advance!
Yes it rubs as these tires run mega wide, so if you were to lower it I would choose something other than Swift and pray

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Tbf, could you really go with titans based on your username? ?
Hilarious.... You know I actually thought about that after I was considering Volks Wheels. My username comes from my old business when I used to restore classic Volkswagens. But yeah I've been kidding with a couple of my friends who are also running Volks Wheels about how fitting it would be to have them match my screenname. I tell you what though Volks wheels aren't cheap....but they still look freaking awesome.

Chizzo

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic type r, 1996 civic ex
Country flag

Thanks in advance!
Im using swift with front adjustable lower camber (+1) on samw wheel/tire set up and zero rub with 0.5 camber all around even with 4 people in the car on a good bump but im always in R mode....always.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 20210129_121040

Project-09373

First Name
Chris B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RD7 | FK8 | YZF-R1
Country flag
Im using swift with front adjustable lower camber (+1) on samw wheel/tire set up and zero rub with 0.5 camber all around even with 4 people in the car on a good bump but im always in R mode....always.
20210129_121040.jpg
Yeah but I think you are running different BRAND tires...

The federal rs-rr's are know for running uber wider than advertised and that's our dilemma.

Chizzo

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic type r, 1996 civic ex
Country flag

The federal rs-rr's are know for running uber wider than advertised and that's our dilemma.
True, but you'll almost always rub without adjustable camber kits right, the stock front camber unit is also super heavy compared to the megan racing one.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
just get some fender work done and run w/e you want.

also i think hes on ss595 and not rs-rr
Sponsored