What did you do to your Type R today?

ToofHurts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
Thats disappointing, I have been debating Mugen, that lip and the Varis one...
Well I'm happy that I decided to buy the varis wing instead of the EVS one the other day. haha.

I guess body kits are hit and miss. This one was like 5% too narrow. I may try to drill out the holes on the EVS lip (underside) to align better with the holes on the bumper to install the rest of the clips. I just was too tired and needed to finish up.

Don't get me wrong. It's on. It's on solid. It's not coming off / getting loose. And dose look damn good.

I just wished companies like EVS would use a jig that mimics the OEM lip bolt holes and checks each one prior to selling to customers. The lip isn't cheap and should be able to install with no modifications.
Sponsored

MyFirstHonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Finished installing the spare tire kit ordered from my local dealer after receiving the appropriate raised height floor board/lid. It sits flush on the left side, but not the right side where the subwoofer is located. I even threw the cargo cover back in afterwards. All in all, some cargo height is loss due to the the spare tire, but it’s a trade off I’m willing to accept.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? E0C5227A-A5B6-4BE4-965F-951EFD37B9B3
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? EE9E7030-2E72-4B52-AD3E-9A5250589631
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? EF800627-C35C-47E2-9FE5-C62AAA2CCD23
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 354B7F78-BC81-443E-BB38-E081CEFC37CD
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? F14E627A-1F42-4FA9-9366-E15BFBE52657
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? A6C633AC-5C2B-46EE-9F14-6D5FB00CA23A
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 2A7A0853-7842-41A1-8CCF-C27ACF1A557A

Robob1012

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fk8 type R
Country flag
went to change my filter in the dark...propped my phone up to use as a torch and dropped it into the front grill like an idiot.... spent over an hour with my girlfriends help sticking all of our kitchen utensils through the grille trying to not let it drop to the bottom and somehow managed to pick it up with a spatula and grab it from the tiny gap above the grille above the type r logo!! It was intense as fuck glad to have got it out without taking the whole bumper off!! wil never do that againo_O

ManEatingPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
went to change my filter in the dark...propped my phone up to use as a torch and dropped it into the front grill like an idiot.... spent over an hour with my girlfriends help sticking all of our kitchen utensils through the grille trying to not let it drop to the bottom and somehow managed to pick it up with a spatula and grab it from the tiny gap above the grille above the type r logo!! It was intense as fuck glad to have got it out without taking the whole bumper off!! wil never do that againo_O
sounds like one heck of a night ? but if you had a jack, could have just let it fall all the way down and grab it from under the car. Probably would have been easier but I don't know what your tools/equipment situation was

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Yeah I hear ya.

It wasnt my first choice to mount it where its at. Im not 100% sure if I wouldve been able to get it mounted to the crash bar honestly, it would have required routing it really weird based on the angle it was at.

I figured id mount it this way for now, and then ill end up getting a chassis mounted splitter instead.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Installed EVS lip. I give fitment a "B". Not all underside clips aligned and def couldn't use the 10mm bolts x 4. It's on solid with no gaps. But def not OEM fitment. Still best looking lip. Just wished it fit better.
7DE71651-537A-4E52-952D-1A072FF47260.JPG
I think it is the best looking lip too but it needs the splitter imo. Just kinda looks odd without one.

Robob1012

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fk8 type R
Country flag
sounds like one heck of a night ? but if you had a jack, could have just let it fall all the way down and grab it from under the car. Probably would have been easier but I don't know what your tools/equipment situation was
haha tool situation was kitchen Utensils only!!!!

ToofHurts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
I think it is the best looking lip too but it needs the splitter imo. Just kinda looks odd without one.
I'm still debating on the red pinstripe. Might make it look better and blend in with the side skirts. I do like the splitter but it's low enough and can't imagine adding it and not scraping it all the time.

Brentp88

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just got in my Air Force suspension air ride 3H kit. Can’t wait to get it on and test it out.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? E79757F3-14D8-4782-A5B9-FFE95001C96D

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? D8CF704B-9A79-46E7-96AE-484BB241D724

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I'm still debating on the red pinstripe. Might make it look better and blend in with the side skirts. I do like the splitter but it's low enough and can't imagine adding it and not scraping it all the time.
you can pick up a racebred composites spliter instead of the evs one. Thats what i would have done instead of the evs splitter if i kept my old set up. The racebred quick release kit wasnt available when i had it so i couldnt do it but that evs splitter isnt worth it lol.

I do think the redstripe should be put on if you kept the stripe on the rest of the car.

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
I don’t know how you guys drive around with carbon splitters. I’m nervous enough on steep driveways with the stock one.

Vteclover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 civic si
Country flag
I don’t know how you guys drive around with carbon splitters. I’m nervous enough on steep driveways with the stock one.
Scrape my stock lip on a Mall ramp, never went back to that f#@#@n mall again, now I take it really slow up and down on any drive ways and ramps when angle is not possible
Sponsored