First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That looks super clean brother. Yeah I'm a big fan of 35 to 40 for the offset. Nice and flush with the fenders.
In unfrozen watery FL (vs Tx) flush is something you can do with a toilet or fitment, 255/35-19 on 9.5” ET41 and Eib’Pro.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? CB642D05-B609-4106-A28E-5D216DED620B
Sponsored

R14344

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Focus Hatchback Titanium, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Went to go visit my car tonight at the storage facility. Haven't seen it for nearly 1 month now. Let it run for 15 minutes while dreaming about the day I might finally get to drive it. Installed my CupHolderHero inserts and tire valve caps. Just a couple of small additions while I wait to bring the car home.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? CupHolder Center Console.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? CupHolder Rear Seat.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? Tire Valve.JPG

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Went to go visit my car tonight at the storage facility. Haven't seen it for nearly 1 month now. Let it run for 15 minutes while dreaming about the day I might finally get to drive it. Installed my CupHolderHero inserts and tire valve caps. Just a couple of small additions while I wait to bring the car home.

CupHolder Center Console.JPG

CupHolder Rear Seat.JPG

Tire Valve.JPG
Valve caps look nice; hope they're not aluminum or metal.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
I would assume that the metals would corrode and be difficult to remove from the valve stem. I believe they do sell some that are anti-rust or anti-corrosion.

R14344

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Focus Hatchback Titanium, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I believe they are aluminium caps so corrosion could be a concern I guess. I'll put a dab of anti seize on them. I've had similar caps on previous cars and never had any issues. Something I honestly didn't even consider. Thanks for the heads up.

_Eazy_

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 SGP, 11 CTS-V, C6Z, LS S13
Country flag
How do you get into the Caddy? Passenger side? Or pull the civic out first?
I pull the R out. The V doesn’t get driven much if at all during winter, so it just stays on the charger (battery is in the trunk).

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine are ‘aluminium’ but have an O-ring at deepest part of cap. Why is this or metal so bad sir?

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Mine are ‘aluminium’ but have an O-ring at deepest part of cap. Why is this or metal so bad sir?
Because they will corrode to the valve stem. I had to replace a stem this year on my fiances winter wheels cause of this even though I remember putting anti-seize on the stupid things.

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Because they will corrode to the valve stem. I had to replace a stem this year on my fiances winter wheels cause of this even though I remember putting anti-seize on the stupid things.
And it's funny how few you can find with the plastic threaded inserts! I imagine the higher end ones have them but I was looking to spend about $5-$10 when I purchased a set.

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Aluminum corrodes?

Sure, any type of steel or iron, but aluminum oxidizes to a self-protective fil in most cases.