First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I hit a fuckin crater driving out of Boston today ? felt like the front passenger side of the car exploded. Obviously immediate flat, which these cars are known for.....but to be fair, I don't think my GTI would have survived that pothole either.

This was followed by a 3 hour tow truck waiting extravaganza. Not enough? I ask the driver to make sure the lip will clear as I pull it up the truck, as we're on a busy two lane where I couldn't pull it around and back it in.....ya ya no problem.....SCRAAAAPE......? Lord give me patience.....

To be fair, the kid did help my put wood pieces under the front tires on the way down to my driveway so no scraping there. Now I have to take the wheel/tire off on Monday and have a local shop assess the damage. Didn't see any visible damage on either but my bet is both are done after that hit.

Hope the front passenger suspension components are ok. Didn't feel weird, just heard some squeaking when reversing into the garage and turning the wheel......might just be from the flat.
Might be time to get the spare tire kit....saved my butt when I got a flat the week after I bought the setup.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
Haven’t been out in awhile in the Type R so I went out today with the wife and dog Mr. Tuckers. Got a chance to soak in the sunset shortly before 6pm and stole some shots before Mr. Sunshine bid everyone farewell for the day! I did get a lower tire pressure warning ⚠ though. Need to find out what that’s all about.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 0CDF9A55-0448-4BF4-AE32-820D957A72C8

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 4095FCE8-762C-4948-A6B9-C93C3E4945DC

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 13171870-A4ED-42BA-8433-8E9D1F8F7141

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 917D37D9-9C69-4282-9C87-5DDB30C1D1C9

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 91C48740-36D7-402C-A7AB-370A3AFAA7CA

StanMan

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Drove it.

Due to weather haven't been able to drive for about 2 weeks. Went for a nice cruise today and it was bliss.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Haven’t been out in awhile in the Type R so I went out today with the wife and dog Mr. Tuckers. Got a chance to soak in the sunset shortly before 6pm and stole some shots before Mr. Sunshine bid everyone farewell for the day! I did get a lower tire pressure warning ⚠ though. Need to find out what that’s all about.

0CDF9A55-0448-4BF4-AE32-820D957A72C8.jpeg

4095FCE8-762C-4948-A6B9-C93C3E4945DC.jpeg

13171870-A4ED-42BA-8433-8E9D1F8F7141.jpeg

917D37D9-9C69-4282-9C87-5DDB30C1D1C9.jpeg

91C48740-36D7-402C-A7AB-370A3AFAA7CA.jpeg
I get that from time to time with the tire pressure warnings too. Usually all my tires are fine so I just have to reset the sensor through the infotainment system. I have read that uneven roads alone can cause these stupid sensors to go off. I'm not a fan.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I get that from time to time with the tire pressure warnings too. Usually all my tires are fine so I just have to reset the sensor through the infotainment system. I have read that uneven roads alone can cause these stupid sensors to go off. I'm not a fan.
I’ll try to reset the TPMS sensor tomorrow. Pulled off to the side of the road to see if anything seemed out of the ordinary and found nothing weird.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
Time to switch over to 18s. Go with 255/40/18 and switch out the wheels. Great investment and more driving confidence in the long run. I went with Michelin.
Thing is I don't drive all that far from home most of the time with this car. It's my "daily" but I don't necessarily rely on it so I just slapped on some 245/35/20 AS3+ that have been serving me well. Not even 500 miles on them and there goes that poor tire though.

Just shitty luck tbh. That pothole would have taken out even my regular GTI tire. Annoyed that the city would allow one that bad to stick around on a busy street....but welcome to Boston. Supposedly its been there forever according to my brother, I guess I just didn't get the memo. Can't avoid it either cuz its right as you're coming out of a tunnel on a narrow two lane.

Might be time to get the spare tire kit....saved my butt when I got a flat the week after I bought the setup.
Agreed, I think a spare tire kit makes the most sense for me. Could have had it on in no time and got home, then sorting out the fix is easy.

Everything from the 3 hour wait for the tow truck to the minor front lip scrape (thankfully no damage) to being exhausted from the gym just made a simple flat 100 times more miserable. Add in that I wasn't even planning on driving it today but said screw it lol

Plan to get a new wheel/tire on (or whatever is needed) and bring it to an alignment shop to have everything checked out.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I’ll try to reset the TPMS sensor tomorrow. Pulled off to the side of the road to see if anything seemed out of the ordinary and found nothing weird.
Check and set the pressures cold and then recalibrate. If it comes back, you may need to do the recalibrate 3x trick with like 10 seconds in between each recalibrate. This actually resets the calibration system. Kind of an automatic, but make sure that the pressures are set before you do any of the recalibration or resets.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thing is I don't drive all that far from home most of the time with this car. It's my "daily" but I don't necessarily rely on it so I just slapped on some 245/35/20 AS3+ that have been serving me well. Not even 500 miles on them and there goes that poor tire though.

Just shitty luck tbh. That pothole would have taken out even my regular GTI tire. Annoyed that the city would allow one that bad to stick around on a busy street....but welcome to Boston. Supposedly its been there forever according to my brother, I guess I just didn't get the memo. Can't avoid it either cuz its right as you're coming out of a tunnel on a narrow two lane.

Agreed, I think a spare tire kit makes the most sense for me. Could have had it on in no time and got home, then sorting out the fix is easy.

Everything from the 3 hour wait for the tow truck to the minor front lip scrape (thankfully no damage) to being exhausted from the gym just made a simple flat 100 times more miserable. Add in that I wasn't even planning on driving it today but said screw it lol

Plan to get a new wheel/tire on (or whatever is needed) and bring it to an alignment shop to have everything checked out.
Can you complain to the city about that pothole? If it hasn’t been fixed for awhile then someone is mismanaging the funds someplace. That sucks that road hazards like that haven’t been addressed. Get a news crew out there to do a story on it. ?

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Can you complain to the city about that pothole? If it hasn’t been fixed for awhile then someone is mismanaging the funds someplace. That sucks that road hazards like that haven’t been addressed. Get a news crew out there to do a story on it. ?
The laws vary state by state. If I’m not mistaken, in Illinois the state is labeled negligent if the pot hole exists for more than 2 weeks with clear weather after it’s been reported. Rain or other weather conditions unfit for paving roads resets the 2 week timer. So you’d need to verify that the pot hole was reported, then look at historical weather details to find that 2 week period. This is much easier said than done.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
I might.....but it isn't going to do anything, there's no accountability with things like this. They can't get the embarrassing train system to work properly in a city where some of the best schools/hospitals in the world depend on it ? potholes are even further down their priority list.

But I did catch the hit on my dashcam (along with my expletives) so I may submit a reimbursement form for shits and giggles, which will probably get more laughs at their office than a plea to just fix the damn thing.

The laws vary state by state. If I’m not mistaken, in Illinois the state is labeled negligent if the pot hole exists for more than 2 weeks with clear weather after it’s been reported. Rain or other weather conditions unfit for paving roads resets the 2 week timer. So you’d need to verify that the pot hole was reported, then look at historical weather details to find that 2 week period. This is much easier said than done.
Exactly. Sometimes it's easier to just eat a loss and move on. These people are professional unaccountable brush offers which is why the roads/public trans system are such a mess in a booming city where tax revenue to take care of those things should be more than enough.....but it never is.

Just gotta be a bit more observant and aware of these grand canyons on my regular routes from now on.

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just not from the joker trying to sell it for $500 in the classifieds