First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Winning Combo

A month after DIY ceramic (Armor Shield IX) I found a pair of gloss enhancers that took it up a notch, adding a top coat of protection over the glass layer, highly recommended.
?? SHOWTIME!

DB6758C8-778E-41E4-9A67-C12BACC5CE05.jpeg
We're sorry, but you are going to have to tone it down a bit. You're blinding our satellites.
Sincerely,
NSA

ian408

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type R Sonic
Country flag
Thanks... it’s a fun hobby when everything is working. Sadly, there is a reason the old arcades died out.. these things are problematic and unreliable.... A lot of maintenance, obsolete parts and know how is needed to keep them running.... unfortunately I’m lacking in the electronic know department... but I’ve got some friends that help on occasion.

Punch Out! Is packed in there somewhere and it still works :)
Bay Area Amusements/Planetary Pinball for parts. I used to have several pinball machines. Two of which needed extensive work. I was able to find parts there and several other places.

It's pretty fun to get a machine put back together and to play it. One of my friends got me into it and he's an avid owner. He was able to help me through a few of the more difficult parts of the restoration.

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
what size are your wheels? looks like they have quite the poke
Dude, I'm running some wacky ass adapters but they're coming off tonight. I have another setup now that should sit about flush.

I don't want to buy cheap wheels, and it's disgusting in upstate NY so I tossed those on. I'm putting it away for the rest of the winter when taxes come back and I get a beater haha.

Looks pretty ridiculous but it's what I got rn, I'm not a bank lol. Would rather cop my beater first and keep the salt off! Then get a real nice set of 18's for the R when the weather gets nice again.

Last edited:

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Just finished my first oil change. 4600 miles, including 3 track days, maintenance minder at 30%. Put on a FilterMag SS250 and captured a sample for a Blackstone analysis.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 20210219_150749

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Oh, and I forgot, this morning I had new Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's put on. Track days are hard on the stock Conti's. Was happy with their grip, but was able to drive them harder than the sidewalls could handle and wore them out. Will be looking at new 18" wheels and tire just for the track.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
Oh, and I forgot, this morning I had new Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's put on. Track days are hard on the stock Conti's. Was happy with their grip, but was able to drive them harder than the sidewalls could handle and wore them out. Will be looking at new 18" wheels and tire just for the track.
I love my Michelin Pilot Sport 4Ss. They are so comfortable and take up the bumps much better than those OEM wheels. I’m contemplating whether to sell them and recoup some money from it.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
I hit a fuckin crater driving out of Boston today ? felt like the front passenger side of the car exploded. Obviously immediate flat, which these cars are known for.....but to be fair, I don't think my GTI would have survived that pothole either.

This was followed by a 3 hour tow truck waiting extravaganza. Not enough? I ask the driver to make sure the lip will clear as I pull it up the truck, as we're on a busy two lane where I couldn't pull it around and back it in.....ya ya no problem.....SCRAAAAPE......? Lord give me patience.....

To be fair, the kid did help my put wood pieces under the front tires on the way down to my driveway so no scraping there. Now I have to take the wheel/tire off on Monday and have a local shop assess the damage. Didn't see any visible damage on either but my bet is both are done after that hit.

Hope the front passenger suspension components are ok. Didn't feel weird, just heard some squeaking when reversing into the garage and turning the wheel......might just be from the flat.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I hit a fuckin crater driving out of Boston today ? felt like the front passenger side of the car exploded. Obviously immediate flat, which these cars are known for.....but to be fair, I don't think my GTI would have survived that pothole either.

This was followed by a 3 hour tow truck waiting extravaganza. Not enough? I ask the driver to make sure the lip will clear as I pull it up the truck, as we're on a busy two lane where I couldn't pull it around and back it in.....ya ya no problem.....SCRAAAAPE......? Lord give me patience.....

To be fair, the kid did help my put wood pieces under the front tires on the way down to my driveway so no scraping there. Now I have to take the wheel/tire off on Monday and have a local shop assess the damage. Didn't see any visible damage on either but my bet is both are done after that hit.

Hope the front passenger suspension components are ok. Didn't feel weird, just heard some squeaking when reversing into the garage and turning the wheel......might just be from the flat.
The only time I got a flat on the stock 20’s and rubber bands I was actually able to just fill up the tires back to 35 PSI and keep going. Granted it was able to hold air still. Blow out caused the pressure to drop to about 14-ish PSI (atmospheric).

It got home at 35 PSI still. Unrelatedly dropped to like 30 by morning. Had the tire and wheel checked at a tire place and they said it was fine. Within a week it dropped back to 25 PSI. Brought it back and they found a nail. Patched it and that was the last of that issue. Not sure when the nail actually happened.

That’s a really shitty situation you ended up in though ?

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Type R, 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT, 2002 Lexus ES300
Country flag

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
Time to switch over to 18s. Go with 255/40/18 and switch out the wheels. Great investment and more driving confidence in the long run. I went with Michelin.

ctrsg

First Name
CTR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag

AntsFK8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)