Whoskyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
Its a pain in the ass, but you gotta call them on that. At least the service manager if not the dealership general manager. To me, that shows intentionally doing something they know they shouldn't be doing.
When I originally asked the service manager he acted like no big deal but I’m going to escalate it. Already had to argue with them about paying for the AC fix due to warranty and they were trying to act like it was not covered and they couldn’t find a leak.
Sponsored

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When I originally asked the service manager he acted like no big deal but I’m going to escalate it. Already had to argue with them about paying for the AC fix due to warranty and they were trying to act like it was not covered and they couldn’t find a leak.
I’m sure you’ll get an apology from the GM, maybe some comp future service.

That don’t care/no big deal attitude is why people shy away from dealer interaction sometimes. Customer respect, always right is history.

Can’t imagine how they could say not covered under warranty. You didn’t bring this in for the fun factor, it was blowing hot air like the SM.

——————

Our Honda dealer is next to same owner Acura (separate service). I’ve had ok experiences w/Honda over dozen cars but stellar w/Acura for two MDXs. Appointments easier, service writer knows your name, gets you out to lounge area, updates frequently if waiting, explains all. Loaners if expected to take more than few hours or drop off/pick up work/home. Nicest experiences EVER (Including several lux brands). Just another reason the post-R car might be TLX Type S. I’m talking myself into it years ahead.

Res0zsfa

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona N, CTR, G35 (sold), 01 s2k, 370z (sold)
Country flag
I did both layers under platform completely without pulling sides (lazy) and leaving tie down hole open for a spare I still don’t have.
Ugly patchwork but covers all effectively, about 100 degrees that day. No roller then, used pantry soup can.

A60EE079-D363-4226-A8CC-933FCB768542.jpeg

F2F993CC-851F-43BE-B561-0E99D348EB79.jpeg

6FDBB502-F77E-46BB-8A37-2BE6D08BB4B6.jpeg
Just finished putting two layers of sound deadeners.. and you’re right, the sound is reduced SIGNIFICANTLY. The echo is not as bad and I can actually hear the whoosh noise again. I did notice the latch doesn’t fully line up but I don’t think it will be a problem. Imagine if the trim were taken off!

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
From Yesterday- the pumpkin pie my wife made, I didn’t have the heart to tell her it’s FWD....
1434D551-5A97-40C4-AC97-BCD20C415BAE.jpeg
It's driving in the desert (not to be confused with driving in the dessert ;) ), though the dust/sand it's kicking up is lighter than expected :p

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ordered Rampage inlet pipe + Ti turbo bolts for future downpipe. Andddd here we go down the rabbit hole ...
Haha I did the same. My spending is officially outta control. Yep and I bought the downpipe and frontpipe.....?....to match with the titanium exhaust....

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
10 mil Xpel yesterday. Had it done by @dre_dayy. He did an awesome job if anyone in the Phoenix area is looking for a quality PPF job. It's brought such a piece of mind now that I have it, just wish I hadn't waited 3k miles.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 20201127_160701

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 20201127_160725