What did you do to your Type R today?

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
I’ve had my R since 10/10. I sent my deposit to System on 10/30 for the fall/holiday sale. They estimated a 7 month lead time. I get a surprising email from Thomson last week that my wheels had arrived early, and they were shipped out on 11/19. Maybe I got a set that was already sitting in their shop or the wheels really did arrive in less than a month. Either way it was an overall very pleasant transaction. Communication was fast and top notch.
Ah man you're so lucky! I was going back and fourth with him many times contemplating whether or not to take a chance, put my name down on the preorder list and wait for 4-5 months for arrival or use the 15% discount on what he currently had on stock. I was on the fence deciding between Advan TC4 or 57DR (RBC) Colorway. Both had a glossy finish which I didn't like very well on my SGP.

I ended up not choosing any and so the last day of sale on the 19th went by with no order placed.
Sponsored

MeetThePete

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R, 2005 S2000, 1985 Corolla GTS
Country flag
Ah man you're so lucky! I was going back and fourth with him many times contemplating whether or not to take a chance, put my name down on the preorder list and wait for 4-5 months for arrival or use the 15% discount on what he currently had on stock. I was on the fence deciding between Advan TC4 or 57DR (RBC) Colorway. Both had a glossy finish which I didn't like very well on my SGP.

I ended up not choosing any and so the last day of sale on the 19th went by with no order placed.
Oof that’s a bummer. Keep an eye out in the classifieds and used market. Most of these wheels, while pricey, are quite abundant especially in CA. You might be able to find a set in good condition. Otherwise most new sets require some waiting. I was prepared to run down the treads on the OEM continentals while waiting for my 18s (still might do that before I mount them on). Although if it’s only a 4-5 month wait, you might be able to buy and mount a new set before me while the car is hibernating for the winter ?.

Good luck with the search.

System Motorsports

Thomson
CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Thomson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Civic Type R
Country flag
New shoes came in 6 months early. Thanks to Thomson @System Motorsports for the excellent customer service. Unfortunately snow is forecasted this week, so won’t be putting these on until the Spring ?. Gives me time to pick out lugs, center caps + adapters, and hub rings.

57D56A23-B5F0-42B2-B17E-A107D5C5116C.jpeg

A74414B7-317D-4DED-9982-0ADF1747DB5D.jpeg
Can't wait to see these on the car!

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yes sir. it was also done by sweidit. I didn't like how it looked with it all plastic still on the bottom after i got the wing trims so i had them done. The inside of the panel (the sides of the wireless charger area) was also done.
0TUVVIu.jpg

snrj9Dl.jpg

yrLQLRU.jpg

i have a ton of reupholstered parts on the car from sweidit. I believe in doing the small details is what sets the car apart from other builds. Currently waiting on the door panel and the center rails/armrest which i believe he said should be ready this week or next for pick up.
Like I said....if you out ever get into an accident you will be cushioned in a bed of alcantara....

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Didn't you realize his name is actually ReddyT, and when the two d's collided it drop down become a p
At almost 60, not as easy to drop a p as it used to be. :oops:

Whoskyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
Took my car in for AC repair (blowing warm air) and left with 12 miles added to the odometer........

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Took my car in for AC repair (blowing warm air) and left with 12 miles added to the odometer........
What was their fix along with too long of a test drive to verify.
Ask for dealer refuel, LOL?
I’d ask SM to explain 12 miles for sure, bit much, this was to get everything hot and make sure it is ok (betcha’).
Sponsored