What did you do to your Type R today?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Very nice! Did some of your interior goodies from Sweidit include side bolsters by any chance? If so, how much did you pay for them?
i have quite a few sweidit stuff so i dont remember exactly how much ... more like i dont want to remember how much they were :rofl:

what are the side bolsters your speaking of? the shifter wing trims on each side of the shift boot area?
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? brni0ov
Sponsored

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
i have quite a few sweidit stuff so i dont remember exactly how much ... more like i dont want to remember how much they were :rofl:

what are the side bolsters your speaking of? the shifter wing trims on each side of the shift boot area?
brni0ov.jpg
Yes sir, these side bolsters that beautifully adorn the center console. At first, I thought they were a solution for providing a place to rest your knee on long trips instead of on the hard plastic. I was quite disappointed to find-out that they were too narrow to provide that comfort and only act as an aesthetic piece (although the material is a nice touch to rest your arm on). Yup, I was quoted $220. I'll need to find that link that said otherwise.

If they are the same price as per what Aaron quoted, my enjoyment would come from installing these and also experiencing memory lapse as to how much I actually paid for them.

Nice carbon fiber as well!! Carbonzone Poland has some nice ones for sale. I think they're running a Black Friday sale even though they're not technically selling from our country.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Yes sir, these side bolsters that beautifully adorn the center console. At first, I thought they were a solution for providing a place to rest your knee on long trips instead of on the hard plastic. I was quite disappointed to find-out that they were too narrow to provide that comfort and only act as an aesthetic piece (although the material is a nice touch to rest your arm on). Yup, I was quoted $220. I'll need to find that link that said otherwise.

If they are the same price as per what Aaron quoted, my enjoyment would come from installing these and also experiencing memory lapse as to how much I actually paid for them.

Nice carbon fiber as well!! Carbonzone Poland has some nice ones for sale. I think they're running a Black Friday sale even though they're not technically selling from our country.
Thanks. I run the carbon my ride ones. Carbonzone is a good one too.

i believe the wing trims are 190+core in any spec if your referring to the part circled in blue.
friend of mine might have some overland design ones if you just want a single red stitch one. He got custom colored ones from sweidit so he might be selling ones he had.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 8y4EBZr
r

Coqui

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Boost Blue
Country flag
PRL CATTED downpipe/frontpipe plus PTP turbo/downpipe elbow blankets installed
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_20201124_174659_940

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks. I run the carbon my ride ones. Carbonzone is a good one too.

i believe the wing trims are 190+core in any spec if your referring to the part circled in blue.
friend of mine might have some overland design ones if you just want a single red stitch one. He got custom colored ones from sweidit so he might be selling ones he had.
8y4EBZr.jpg
r
Heres the FK8 Swedit portfolio:

Swedit CTR Gallery

Hope this helps.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 5ADDA193-FEC6-4C21-9DB7-B5455141436B

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Heres the FK8 Swedit portfolio:

Swedit CTR Gallery

Hope this helps.
RepyT to the rescue again! Thanks friend!

I'm exploring mods that I could add to the vehicle since I probably won't be swapping out my wheels anytime soon, so that's where I've focused my next round of tinkering. So far I'm looking into changing the shifter panel cover to Carbon Fiber (CarbonZone Poland or Revel GT Dry Carbon). Both look like they offer pretty good product.

That last mod I did was the dry carbon fiber vent overlays and the double-sided tape you recommended continues to do its job and holding-on quite well so far.

@boosted180sx in your example photo, the lower piece- did you have that separately upholestered in addition to the bolster arms from Sweidit? That's the part I was mostly interested in as the knee is what rests in that area (red circle/ highlighted portion).

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 1606275247965

Last edited:

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hello! I'm quite new here but threw my first mods on the Type R today:

Lambo-style ignition switch

127192028_311560846531803_3126091278701572201_n.jpg

Rain Guards
127057117_196732025445975_8098120583458584638_n.jpg

And Rally Armor mud flaps
127280813_3683703688348398_5285463819678436285_n.jpg
? nicely done! I have the same RallyArmor flaps on mine. Just the other day they felt like they were coming loose when I was washing the car because the garden hose got caught underneath them when I was pulling on it out to the front to wash the car, but I suppose that's the way they're mounted. They hold on quite well and it's one of the few times where you can get underneath the car and do some mods.

Taroo Fizonfire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R (CBP)
Country flag
? nicely done! I have the same RallyArmor flaps on mine. Just the other day they felt like they were coming loose when I was washing the car because the garden hose got caught underneath them when I was pulling on it out to the front to wash the car, but I suppose that's the way they're mounted. They hold on quite well and it's one of the few times where you can get underneath the car and do some mods.
Thanks, brother! Those mud flaps were kind of a pain (especially the rear). Driver-side rear took me the longest as I started there first but my trouble was with lining up the bracket so that the fastener goes through all the holes but other than that, easy install.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks, brother! Those mud flaps were kind of a pain (especially the rear). Driver-side rear took me the longest as I started there first but my trouble was with lining up the bracket so that the fastener goes through all the holes but other than that, easy install.
Yup I had the same issue as well, but as soon as I understood the mechanics on how it was going to fasten itself in that corner, I reapplied that same technique to the other side which went pretty quick.

I'm pretty sure the first day or so when you got your car, you were annoyed by the rocks flying in and around the wheelwell. Probably you don't hear them anymore after these were installed.

Having these installed brought piece of mind that a flying rock won't cause any scratches or some little nicks now that these babies are doing their job and the ride is so much quieter now.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
@boosted180sx in your example photo, the lower piece- did you have that separately upholestered in addition to the bolster arms from Sweidit? That's the part I was mostly interested in as the knee is what rests in that area (red circle/ highlighted portion).

1606275247965.png
yes sir. it was also done by sweidit. I didn't like how it looked with it all plastic still on the bottom after i got the wing trims so i had them done. The inside of the panel (the sides of the wireless charger area) was also done.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 0TUVVIu

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? snrj9Dl

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? yrLQLRU

i have a ton of reupholstered parts on the car from sweidit. I believe in doing the small details is what sets the car apart from other builds. Currently waiting on the door panel and the center rails/armrest which i believe he said should be ready this week or next for pick up.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
New shoes came in 6 months early. Thanks to Thomson @System Motorsports for the excellent customer service. Unfortunately snow is forecasted this week, so won’t be putting these on until the Spring ?. Gives me time to pick out lugs, center caps + adapters, and hub rings.

57D56A23-B5F0-42B2-B17E-A107D5C5116C.jpeg

A74414B7-317D-4DED-9982-0ADF1747DB5D.jpeg
Wait, if your wheel set came in 6 months early, when did you exactly place the order? Didn't your 2021 just arrive not too long ago?

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
yes sir. it was also done by sweidit. I didn't like how it looked with it all plastic still on the bottom after i got the wing trims so i had them done. The inside of the panel (the sides of the wireless charger area) was also done.
0TUVVIu.jpg

snrj9Dl.jpg

yrLQLRU.jpg

i have a ton of reupholstered parts on the car from sweidit. I believe in doing the small details is what sets the car apart from other builds. Currently waiting on the door panel and the center rails/armrest which i believe he said should be ready this week or next for pick up.
That's beautiful- thanks for sharing! We need a Sweidit up here in Northern CA too!

I did get Aaron's attention by commenting on a post he made on FB and sent him a message the other day, but he has since not replied to my FB message. I can imagine he's a busy guy and I got him late in the evening around 11pm at night.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
That's beautiful- thanks for sharing! We need a Sweidit up here in Northern CA too!

I did get Aaron's attention by commenting on a post he made on FB and sent him a message the other day, but he has since not replied to my FB message. I can imagine he's a busy guy and I got him late in the evening around 11pm at night.
thanks!

yeah he seems to be pretty busy all the time.You might wanna message him again, i'm sure he gets a TON of messages/inquiries and could have missed your message.

MeetThePete

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R, 2005 S2000, 1985 Corolla GTS
Country flag
Wait, if your wheel set came in 6 months early, when did you exactly place the order? Didn't your 2021 just arrive not too long ago?
I’ve had my R since 10/10. I sent my deposit to System on 10/30 for the fall/holiday sale. They estimated a 7 month lead time. I get a surprising email from Thomson last week that my wheels had arrived early, and they were shipped out on 11/19. Maybe I got a set that was already sitting in their shop or the wheels really did arrive in less than a month. Either way it was an overall very pleasant transaction. Communication was fast and top notch.
Sponsored