First Name
Kabir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 1992 Civic HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What is that nonsense ? at least to me, that shows nothing. They don't even show the name of the parameter for each value. Unless the point they're trying to make is that within a very short amount of time, without a decrease in speed, the car was shifted down several gears?

Again, I would escalate this as far up the chain at Honda as you can. If that doesn't get anywhere, I would definitely consult an attorney. They may just give in with the threat of legal action.

Don't just dish out $4K if you're still under warranty. Isn't the powertrain 5 years anyway? Only the clutch is a wear and tear item, this is clearly a transmission problem and should be covered.

I asked the customer service rep to escalate but she said there is no one to escalate too. Haha

I’m trying to get ahold of the dealership service manager still for an actual explanation.

Ellenswamy

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
I asked the customer service rep to escalate but she said there is no one to escalate too. Haha

I’m trying to get ahold of the dealership service manager still for an actual explanation.
So the rep is the end all be all decision maker huh, something tells me that isn’t correct...

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
That's why I keep going back to him :p Granted those great talents do hit you in the wallet :p
You mentioned you bought Sweidit stuff 2nd-hand, but I wanted to ask anyways if you got a quote from him for alcantara side-bolsters in the past. He came back to me and quoted $220 but I could have sworn I saw them for $180. I'm wondering if he has recently raised his prices or have they always been sold for this much.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What is that nonsense ? at least to me, that shows nothing. They don't even show the name of the parameter for each value. Unless the point they're trying to make is that within a very short amount of time, without a decrease in speed, the car was shifted down several gears?

Again, I would escalate this as far up the chain at Honda as you can. If that doesn't get anywhere, I would definitely consult an attorney. They may just give in with the threat of legal action.

Don't just dish out $4K if you're still under warranty. Isn't the powertrain 5 years anyway? Only the clutch is a wear and tear item, this is clearly a transmission problem and should be covered.
WTH did the shifter just bounce back into neutral on its own? I wonder if it did this from higher gears up ?

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
You mentioned you bought Sweidit stuff 2nd-hand, but I wanted to ask anyways if you got a quote from him for alcantara side-bolsters in the past. He came back to me and quoted $220 but I could have sworn I saw them for $180. I'm wondering if he has recently raised his prices or have they always been sold for this much.
I haven't bought SWEIDIT stuff second hand.

Side bolsters? Are you referring to the seats or the wings around the shifter? I was quoted 70 for the cores and 160 for the upholstering work for those (230 total). The side rails that flank both sides of the center console arm rest are 100 for the cores and 140 for the upholstering (240 total).

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
WTH did the shifter just bounce back into neutral on its own? I wonder if it did this from higher gears up ?
I've actually had this happen early on in the car's life. I think it was related to the 4th gear lockout.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
just some engine bay bling. A blitz strut bar
t45Lel1.jpg

still waiting for my varis kit and some more interior goodies from sweidit ...
Very nice! Did some of your interior goodies from Sweidit include side bolsters by any chance? If so, how much did you pay for them?

MeetThePete

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R, 2005 S2000, 1985 Corolla GTS
Country flag
New shoes came in 6 months early. Thanks to Thomson @System Motorsports for the excellent customer service. Unfortunately snow is forecasted this week, so won’t be putting these on until the Spring ?. Gives me time to pick out lugs, center caps + adapters, and hub rings.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 57D56A23-B5F0-42B2-B17E-A107D5C5116C

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? A74414B7-317D-4DED-9982-0ADF1747DB5D

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
New shoes came in 6 months early. Thanks to Thomson @System Motorsports for the excellent customer service. Unfortunately snow is forecasted this week, so won’t be putting these on until the Spring ?. Gives me time to pick out lugs, center caps + adapters, and hub rings.

57D56A23-B5F0-42B2-B17E-A107D5C5116C.jpeg

A74414B7-317D-4DED-9982-0ADF1747DB5D.jpeg
Wow that's nice!

I'll put them on my R until next spring for you if you don't mind. ?

I was in the hunt for some wheels but the remaining stock didn't fit my style and there is currently a long backorder so I probably won't even see any wheels until next summer.