MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Today I zapped my Type R with a Shrink Ray Gun that also sent it back in time to when it was just red. Result was it got smaller to 1/18 the original size. Good news is, more garage space for other crap. Bad news, I can’t drive it this way. Where’s the Unzap button?
(Insert girl screaming sound byte).
Not unzip unzap!
Oh no! Some of the red fell off your car? Did the shrink ray not work on it or did it disintegrate it? What's going to happen when you unzap it?
Sponsored

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Is 2nd gear grind still a thing on typeRs? I think I just had one today. Big oof
Members with 2020 models are still getting them. I really haven't had a 2nd gear grind in the past 40k miles. No 4th gear pop outs either.

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is 2nd gear grind still a thing on typeRs? I think I just had one today. Big oof
Happens almost every time I drive. I don’t rush the shift and feel my foot on the floor mat so it’s not from being lazy or two quick (but that CAN do it too).

i had mine in once for it, CND.
Another towns lead Honda tech said until his 2nd and 4th gears were gone, Honda had no plans to fix/replace any parts even duplicated by dealer. He was frustrated.

I also get 4th lockout downshifting, like the niche’ is blocked. I go back to N, rev slightly (even though auto-rev-matching is on) and it’ll let it into 4th.

if decelerating, sometimes a second try and slowed to point where 3rd appropriate for slowed/stopped traffic.

Wonder how many of us get both, one 2nd grind or 4th lockout (d/shift only)?

Last edited:

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh no! Some of the red fell off your car? Did the shrink ray not work on it or did it disintegrate it? What's going to happen when you unzap it?
I got it back intact, whew!

Just in time for red H start button overlay and 1ft x 4ft roof TYPE R decal, of course pics posted once complete. Even at 6’1” I need a step to do roof comfortably. Flat training in progress since tube shipped.

ASR confirmed still 2 more .weeks before CF hood scoop ships. :rolleyes:

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 396FCFC5-2408-43B6-BCB8-4150957561A7

Last edited:

RBrackett

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
If you enjoy that as perfect, I respect that but disagree without being disagreeable.
AWE Touring better for me.
AWE Touring was also on my list but i do a lot of neighborhood driving as well as have my dog that doesn't like loud noises in the car as well. can't go too loud with it. plus drive quite some distances so i have a feeling it would annoy me

typertimo

TypeRtimo
First Name
Timo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type R 2020 Toyota Supra
Country flag
AWE Touring was also on my list but i do a lot of neighborhood driving as well as have my dog that doesn't like loud noises in the car as well. can't go too loud with it. plus drive quite some distances so i have a feeling it would annoy me
I love my spoon N1 , no drone , quiet enough at idle , but when you hit the gas it’s growly enough without being annoying.
And most important , No Drone.

RBrackett

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
I love my spoon N1 , no drone , quiet enough at idle , but when you hit the gas it’s growly enough without being annoying.
And most important , No Drone.
Yea I'm 80/20 split between the N1 and AWE. I want to hear the AWE in person before pulling the trigger but the N1 seems to be more my speed

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That’s cool, I understand. The Spoon seems strong low (foof-farty but deep) and high, (pleasant clang) that strikes a nice mix. It may change some broken in as materials settle, enjoy it.

Not too worried about neighbors here as I take it easy and don’t transit odd hours.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Used the spare tire today.

My practically brand new Hankook Ventus tire blew out a loud bang while going along an interstate exit about 65mph. Pulled off and it was completely flat. The tire has only 2k miles on it and was bought this year in March. I didn’t see that I hit anything in the road but it looks like the inside of my rim took so damage so I must have hit something.

Discount Tire didn’t mention any warranty to offer despite the tire being so new, they’re ordering me a new Hankook and should have the tire and time back tomorrow. For now the donut remains installed

35998CF0-D08D-44C8-8C61-D6F173E4E6F0.jpeg

3BA464C6-9E9C-4DA8-8A50-622C9A4FAD70.jpeg

You can see you 100% hit something that pinched the sidewall and caused it to blow out. The problem of riding on rubber bands. Also there is NOTHING wrong with short drives using a spare on your front. That's why they designed it to clear the Brembos people lol.... just replace it asap.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Members with 2020 models are still getting them. I really haven't had a 2nd gear grind in the past 40k miles. No 4th gear pop outs either.

Thanks because you've worn down the spots that would grind to nice smooth curves.
Sponsored