What did you do to your Type R today?

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
When I was moving 2 years ago, I fit what was basically my entire room minus the furniture in my CTR! Even with that extra weight the CTR didn’t skip a beat.
I just recently moved from Florida to PA and the ctr fit more than I thought it could. The pictures dont do it justice! The small compartments in the foam under the hatch floor were great for my assorted boxes of ammo too...almost made for ammo boxes.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_20200620_110418
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_20200620_110423

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just recently moved from Florida to PA and the ctr fit more than I thought it could. The pictures dont do it justice! The small compartments in the foam under the hatch floor were great for my assorted boxes of ammo too...almost made for ammo boxes.
IMG_20200620_110418.jpg
IMG_20200620_110423.jpg
Welcome to the great state of Pennsyltucky! Hopefully you live in a county that doesn't have obscenely strict emissions testing every year.

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Welcome to the great state of Pennsyltucky! Hopefully you live in a county that doesn't have obscenely strict emissions testing every year.
Thanks, we're still trying to buy a house so not technically residents yet but soon. We put an offer on a log cabin in McAlisterville (East of State College) and I've heard that if you drive less than 5k per year, emissions is waived but not sure how true that is. The wife and I love driving the backroads in the R!

InkedHisto

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
And you are not going to tell us what your dog is doing?

Come on, Breakfast Club rules, you brought it up, you have to explain!
He's weird, he does this weird thing where he lays down and stretches his head back to rest it on another surface sometimes under. :D

InkedHisto

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
InkedHisto,

It’s obvious to me it’s hot there and your educated canine is enjoying the airflow from the radiator fan. Either that or you have or had a radiator leak and he’s onto it (sweet tasting but toxic to dogs).

Only other possibility is he’s a legal beagle evaluating your valve tick, ‘Pro-bone-oh’!
I had it under the tent, I always make sure he's under the shade or if he's laying out in the sun while I'm washing the car i bring out the heavy duty fan and aim it him. Today he was just napping under the car.. or checking the flux compacitor.

Last edited:

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks, we're still trying to buy a house so not technically residents yet but soon. We put an offer on a log cabin in McAlisterville (East of State College) and I've heard that if you drive less than 5k per year, emissions is waived but not sure how true that is. The wife and I love driving the backroads in the R!
Welcome to Pa. I did see one reference agreeing with the less than 5k per year exemption. But, there is another on this page (http://www.drivecleanpa.state.pa.us/info_non.htm) that states you won't need to do the emissions because of the county you will be living in. So, you got lucky (but confirm with the local mechanic). We are gun friendly so those ammo boxes should be useful. Again, welcome.

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
IMG_20200620_110418.jpg
IMG_20200620_110423.jpg
How was the Western drive through Virginia and Ohio to get to Pennsylvania?

Surely you went that way even if headed to Pittsburgh as you can’t legally pass through the People’s Republic of Maryland (birth state) with pointy objects much less guns and ammunition without risking a felony conviction, clean record or not.

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How was the Western drive through Virginia and Ohio to get to Pennsylvania?

Surely you went that way even if headed to Pittsburgh as you can’t legally pass through the People’s Republic of Maryland (birth state) with pointy objects much less guns and ammunition without risking a felony conviction, clean record or not.
I plead the fifth ;)
Welcome to Pa. I did see one reference agreeing with the less than 5k per year exemption. But, there is another on this page (http://www.drivecleanpa.state.pa.us/info_non.htm) that states you won't need to do the emissions because of the county you will be living in. So, you got lucky (but confirm with the local mechanic). We are gun friendly so those ammo boxes should be useful. Again, welcome.
Thanks for the welcome!

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Still haven't decided on permanent seat cover(s), but needed something for my navigator. He hasn't caused a problem yet, but I know I was pushing it. So I got a simple neoprene cover for the passenger side., a Goodyear GY1121.

Look is adequate, fitment is good, coverage is great, price was really good ($20). Biggest issue is the yellow "Goodyear" on the seat.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 20200716_140437
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 20200716_135846

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Type R, 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT, 2002 Lexus ES300
Country flag
Still haven't decided on permanent seat cover(s), but needed something for my navigator. He hasn't caused a problem yet, but I know I was pushing it. So I got a simple neoprene cover for the passenger side., a Goodyear GY1121.

Look is adequate, fitment is good, coverage is great, price was really good ($20). Biggest issue is the yellow "Goodyear" on the seat.
20200716_140437.jpg
20200716_135846.jpg
If it protects then it's worth it. I purchased something similar from Walmart. It's basically a Honda black beach towel that drapes over my driver's seat until Monday when I finally get the WO's installed. I'll make sure to take pix during and after the install. Further to follow.

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Type R, 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT, 2002 Lexus ES300
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_20200718_095501
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_20200718_095515

So this is my Walmart special Honda beach seat towel. Something I ordered right after I took delivery of my CTR while I was waiting for my WO custom seat covers to be completed. Hopefully by next week, I will have the pics of the covers posted.