What did you do to your Type R today?

CBPtypeRgrunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ FK8, AP1 S2000, F-150, YZF-R6
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 470BFB7B-1F27-439F-B8E2-347D72E19FC4

deleted red pin stripe and front license plate. Also installed smoked side markers. So much cleaner looking!

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
470BFB7B-1F27-439F-B8E2-347D72E19FC4.jpeg

deleted red pin stripe and front license plate. Also installed smoked side markers. So much cleaner looking!
To each his/her own.
Is this the part though where I feel slighted by the anti-red movement?
REDICULIOUS!
Needs more cowbell (red).

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? F535BCAB-2AB1-4CEB-A4DD-52B76D8CB571

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? B6CFF99B-06A5-46D7-B221-9BECDE86C5B9

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? DDD2ECAF-E3A1-46C8-9155-882395C70F4B

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 2B0DE450-96BC-4E53-BD70-A3CA4A1A4B2E

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 759A21B2-7EB6-4003-9AFA-E0FF74B693B5

InkedHisto

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
470BFB7B-1F27-439F-B8E2-347D72E19FC4.jpeg

Looks dope man! Nice and clean. Not a fan of all the red accents on the Black Pearl Paint.

Last edited:

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Could you please post a few side view pics of the front windows? I'm trying to decide between 25% or 35% on my PMM.
Jake,
Whatever you do, at least be aware of Ohio Tint Laws as tickets are $120 and it’s a misdemeanor (not the nicest single lady). Could save being pulled over maybe?

[Excerpts from codes.ohio.gov] http://codes.ohio.gov/oac/4501-41

Chapter 4501-41 Transparent, Nontransparent, Translucent, and Reflectorized Materials on Windows of Vehicles
4501-41-03 Specifications.
“3) Any sunscreening material or other product or material applied to the side windows to the immediate right or left of the driver, so long as such material, when used in conjunction with the safety glazing materials of such windows, has a light transmittance of not less than fifty per cent plus or minus three per cent and is not red or yellow in color.
(4) Any sunscreening material or other product or material applied to a window not otherwise listed in paragraphs (A)(1) to (A)(3) or (A)(5) of this rule, except that outside left and right rear view mirrors are required if the sunscreening material is applied to the rear window and the sunscreening material, when used in conjunction with the safety glazing material of such window, has a light transmittance of less than fifty per cent plus or minus three per cent.
(5) Any sunscreening material or other product or material applied along the top of the windshield and that does not extend downward beyond the AS-1 line or five inches from the top of the windshield, whichever is closer to the top, is not regulated by this rule or this chapter.”

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Jake,
Whatever you do, at least be aware of Ohio Tint Laws as tickets are $120 and it’s a misdemeanor (not the nicest single lady). Could save being pulled over maybe?

Chapter 4501-41 Transparent, Nontransparent, Translucent, and Reflectorized Materials on Windows of Vehicles
“3) Any sunscreening material or other product or material applied to the side windows to the immediate right or left of the driver, so long as such material, when used in conjunction with the safety glazing materials of such windows, has a light transmittance of not less than fifty per cent plus or minus three per cent and is not red or yellow in color.
(4) Any sunscreening material or other product or material applied to a window not otherwise listed in paragraphs (A)(1) to (A)(3) or (A)(5) of this rule, except that outside left and right rear view mirrors are required if the sunscreening material is applied to the rear window and the sunscreening material, when used in conjunction with the safety glazing material of such window, has a light transmittance of less than fifty per cent plus or minus three per cent.
(5) Any sunscreening material or other product or material applied along the top of the windshield and that does not extend downward beyond the AS-1 line or five inches from the top of the windshield, whichever is closer to the top, is not regulated by this rule or this chapter.”
I’ve lived in 6 different states over the last 15 years and always had illegal tint (except current one cause Covid) and I’ve never been ticketed once. He’ll be ok lol

aldksgo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 R-24920, '14 FB2, '10 Impreza 2.5i
Country flag
Welp.. not sure how it got to this point but somehow ended up with FBO pending my AWE touring + FP.

March:
Gramlight 57DR 18x9.5 +38
255/40 Indy 500
Flash pro
ZL1 Rock guards

May:
PRL Intercooler

June:
PRL HVI
PRL catted DP w/ cerakote

July:
PRL charge pipes
PRL Turbo Inlet
AWE Touring + FP (pending)

Learned a lot with a buddy of mine who also has no experience with cars until I got mine. Can say we did an alright job, things probably took longer than expected but it is what it is.

..What have I done? Lol. Things kind of snowballed.. only really planned on DP/IC and basemap.

I guess eventually, need a custom tune to tie everything together.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 8A887824-E796-402E-BF33-6DCA4FD541D9

InkedHisto

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I’ve lived in 6 different states over the last 15 years and always had illegal tint (except current one cause Covid) and I’ve never been ticketed once. He’ll be ok lol
Live a little dude. As long as you obey the obvious laws and respect others. They'll respect you.

TheSnakeJake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Jake,

i appreciate the concern... but, i actually live in Indiana!

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i appreciate the concern... but, i actually live in Indiana!
Sorry, was going by profile.

Slightly different thresholds in Diana, wait that’s not right, in Indiananana-banana-danna-fo-fanna, Indiana!:

Indy window tint laws excerpt:
Windshield: Non-reflective tint is allowed above the manufacturer's AS-1 line. Front Side windows: Must allow more than 30% of light in. Back Side windows: Must allow more than 30% of light in. Rear Window: Must allow more than 30% of light in.

Bottom line is between COVID and public viz of events many popo (org wise and personally) are less likely to view tint alone as reasonable cause even though they could. Not saying drive stupid but I think many drivers might agree average speeds have gone up some in last six months with less stringent/consistent enforcement.

Last edited:

cvmomo1CTR

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR , 2018 Civic Sport , 06' E46 325ci , 12’ Ducati 848EVO
Country flag
Didn’t do anything as far as mods, but going to be taking the TypeR to the highest paved road elevation Road in the Rockies. US Highway 34 ? .... Drove from Boston to Cheyenne , and Saturday will make the drive back...... If no one has taken a long trip their FK8, I highly recommend it. She is a blast to drive across country !!!

Here is a pics from Wyoming below ;

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? EFD9C632-CFF7-4CC3-81F3-5CDEE352639D

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? ACCE326C-7D45-43FF-9CC7-0005AEFAC710

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 4780448F-CE93-4756-A83A-88F636FFCC59

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 75CBDB8A-477A-4E2B-B65B-AE0CE77BCA1B

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OHIO: I’m running 15% all around in Ohio. Just go to the optometrist and get them to write you a note/prescription for sensitivity to light and glare and if you happen to get pulled over you can present to the officer. If the officer is a jerk present the medical document in court and it should be thrown out. I’ve had mine on since day 1 and have not been pulled over at all nor hassled by the tint being at a highly illegal level. It is definitely dark and easily noticeable it’s against the law level by anyone.

I actually do have this condition with my eyes but many of my friends do not and get the same notes and they have been successful when pulled over.
Sponsored

Last edited: