What did you do to your Type R today?

E404

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' SGP FK8
Country flag
looks nice. I been debating everyday about changing my prl set up to the rampage inlet.
personally i like the nice little touch it adds to the engine bay. im not chasing numbers but am setup to if id like. running base map from hondata.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Very nice! I tried to switch all my hardware to Rampage ti but they were a little short on some flanges so didn’t feel comfortable with just a few threads of engagement...

honestly I took it too a different level, this was weighing heavy on me lol.

brought the car to my unit Thursday where it would stay until Saturday morning when I could get to the installs.

sprayed the bolts/studs that Thursday from all angles after cool down. Went in Friday morning to spray them again. Went back at noon where I gave them a spray and immediately gave them a good crank with a breaker bar. They started moving so I took them all off slowly with constant steady pressure. Then sprayed the two studs front and back near the housing.

Saturday morning I sprayed them again and shortly after used the double bolt method with the stock ones to back the studs out. First one came easy ! Second not so much bolt got stuck like yours. Tried getting the one off no luck so started to tighten it again..sprayed it while cranking and it finally gave..loosening the remaining bolt pulled what ever was remaining of the stud out!

No heat or freeze spray although I had both ready. Just blaster. I can see why so much can go wrong, no one would ever take this much time. Mechanics can’t afford to wait days or even an hour mind you..key is patience and time?

Turbo to downpipe and downpipe to Frontpipe hardware were all changed to rampage titanium.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Friday night...
Templates, cut and installed sill protectors. Wasn't happy with the size of the ones I found online (they looked good, but were too small, imo, to acutally protect enough.

Bought a roll of DIYAH carbon vinyl and cut it with a hobby knife. Easy to do, just had to go slow. Still have some bubbles to work out, couldn't see them in the dark and have not had time to get back out to fix (yet).

Front;
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 20200710_195902

Rear:
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 20200710_192926

InkedHisto

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Last edited:

Chrisp1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Type R, 12' Mustang, 05' STI
Country flag
Very nice! I tried to switch all my hardware to Rampage ti but they were a little short on some flanges so didn’t feel comfortable with just a few threads of engagement...
my gapping seemed fine..all flanges we’re super tight..I know some people rely on the hardware to pull everything closer together..didn’t seem the case here

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks to @ModMan I used his diy to make my anytime foglight harness. I already actually already had all the parts from past projects so that was nice. What's great about this setup is the fog lights can be turned on any time as long as the accessory position is on. So what that means is I can have the fogs on with the DRLs, independently, or with the headlights. And the best part of all, because my morimotos were designed to have headlights and brights come on at same time I can also have the fogs on with all the other lights. Pretty awesome. I know someone is selling their harnesses in the classifieds but I have about $25 in parts in my setup.

Last edited:

ian408

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type R Sonic
Country flag
Drove it on a new (to me) layout at Utah Motorsports Campus. Cannot figure out why the footage is getting so washed out, I set the metering point to be outside/ahead of the car...any ideas or suggestions? This is a Hero5. Also not sure what's up with the g force meter dot, it seems to be in weird places, does my phone that records this data need to be held upright? I had it laying down/on it's side

While this wasn't my fastest session of the day it was my most consistent. Four 1:57 laps in a row!
All that said, solid day at the track :) Gotta remember my sunscreen next time

Looks fun. Turn the g meter on in the car but I’m guessing the phone needs some sort of orientation.

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Friday night...
Templates, cut and installed sill protectors. Wasn't happy with the size of the ones I found online (they looked good, but were too small, imo, to acutally protect enough.

Bought a roll of DIYAH carbon vinyl and cut it with a hobby knife. Easy to do, just had to go slow. Still have some bubbles to work out, couldn't see them in the dark and have not had time to get back out to fix (yet).

Front;
20200710_195902.jpg

Rear:
20200710_192926.jpg
Firm coaxing by squeegeeing and maybe a little heat will flatten things out.

Some thresholds are just decals with no practical use, eye candy, I am growing tired of them here as they may as well say NO STEP vs TYPE R.

Others like your self cut ones actually can be of use, mo-betta’. I saw similar material in Home Depot. In AF there were rectangular round edge sections to fit aircraft crew entrance door steps. Bench stock was usually low stock or out but for some reason all the guys Lifted trucks had nice black-sandy custom cut thresholds, I wonder if there was a connection?

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Firm coaxing by squeegeeing and maybe a little heat will flatten things out.

Some thresholds are just decals with no practical use, eye candy, I am growing tired of them here as they may as well say NO STEP vs TYPE R.

Others like your self cut ones actually can be of use, mo-betta’. I saw similar material in Home Depot. In AF there were rectangular round edge sections to fit aircraft crew entrance door steps. Bench stock was usually low stock or out but for some reason all the guys Lifted trucks had nice black-sandy custom cut thresholds, I wonder if there was a connection?
Thx for the advice on getting the bubbles out. It was over 115F today, so I didn't go outside to spend the little bit of time to fix these, not even into the garage!

I tend to prefer understated myself, so more Type R branding is not something for me. My dog rides with me a lot, and though he hasn't, I've been worried more about him scratching one of the sills more than myself or a human.

I figure they are cheap enough and easy enough to do (the 2x5 ft roll was about $12, and I used about 2'x10") and I can re-do it easy enough as needed.

There are lots of different makers, and they all have a slightly different look, it was a close enough match to the existing CF trim. Though if anyone wants I can picture them side by side for anyone that wants.

And no doubt their is some 'bleed over' from the AF to lifted truck scene :)

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good common sense choices for your needs.

There are a couple back seat covers out now if pooch rides there, most don’t.

im looking for some that compliment the front colors trim wise vs the spelunking expedition Honda chose for row 2. I had real Neoprene R decor in my Ridgeline but only a few makers have caught on to this on the R so far.

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
There are a couple back seat covers out now if pooch rides there, most don’t.

im looking for some that compliment the front colors trim wise vs the spelunking expedition Honda chose for row 2. I had real Neoprene R decor in my Ridgeline but only a few makers have caught on to this on the R so far.
Yea, haven't found anything I like. Still waiting for pictures of the Wet Okole ones.

Right now for the back seat I just have an old sheet. Front seat I picked up a cheap neoprene from Goodyear. It's actually pretty good except for the yellow "Goodyear" branding on the seat edge. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K4K8P9W

No picture yet (wife pulled it off after my test fit because she didn't want to sit on the fur!) Fitment is ok. By no means perfect, but pretty good. Once I get out to the garage again I'll put it on and take pictures.

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Type R, 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT, 2002 Lexus ES300
Country flag
Yea, haven't found anything I like. Still waiting for pictures of the Wet Okole ones.

Right now for the back seat I just have an old sheet. Front seat I picked up a cheap neoprene from Goodyear. It's actually pretty good except for the yellow "Goodyear" branding on the seat edge. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K4K8P9W

No picture yet (wife pulled it off after my test fit because she didn't want to sit on the fur!) Fitment is ok. By no means perfect, but pretty good. Once I get out to the garage again I'll put it on and take pictures.
Instal date for the wet Okoles is set for next Monday the 20th. FYI

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
If you go for it then I know it’s good.
Is this recommended with the PRL inlet pipe, Eventuri CAI, or a diff brand of either?... and why?

Contemplation phase, not yet at Add To Cart.
I originally went with PRL pipe for a few reasons.
1. cheaper
2. i have their intake, intercooler and charge pipes.
3. rampage inlet was about a 2 months wait.
4. they didn't offer it without their rampage logo.

after a while though, idk. I just have the urge to do a full Ti pipe vs the PRL which is a 2 pc design that has a cast aluminum piece and seems like rampage has been trying to keep the inlet pipes in stock so the wait time isn't as ridiculous as it was when he first launched the item.
personally i like the nice little touch it adds to the engine bay. im not chasing numbers but am setup to if id like. running base map from hondata.
yeah i don't care to chase numbers anymore either. Too expensive to make the power i want to make on this car.
I am usually more of a raw ti pipe kind of person but recently been wanting the burnt one to match my other minor Ti stuff in the bay. The raw Ti pipe does look pretty slick with the burnt ish logo on there.
decisions ... decisions
Sponsored