InkedHisto

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Another way to research is by looking up info on similar imports but you have to remember they're a bit diff. This can help better understand the model line, options, and maybe some customer service and warranty. I thought Tomei was new relative to the others. Just be sure you’ve considered most systems as there are some really sweet sounding twin pipes. Don’t rule out 27WON, their French horn style trap is interesting but I think you want louder.
Have you looked Borla w/3 diff inserts, or Remis, Milltek, all variable sound level outputs and tones to some degree. Don’t forget about (higher price range) Fujitsubo.

It seems you’re leaning toward Tomei too ( not the red vegetable that’s really a fruit).
I feel if I get the AWE track I'll be tempted to remove the rear resonator that's near the front pipe hoping to get more a throaty sound. I'm just afraid itll sound like cheap straight pipe that some people do instead of buying an aftermarket exhaust.
Sponsored

InkedHisto

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Mine were the clear ones and no, they were ultra bright/ Loved them

I ended up going with OEM JDM clear side markers instead.
seems like I now have to send them another email cause these things are not as bright during the day.

Si_chRis

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Really trying to decide on to exhaust systems.. ive been doing my research for 3 weeks now and I've come down to these two:

AWE Track Edition: true 3 inch piping all through out and includes front pipe. Nice mild rumble but not as loud'ish as I want. But American made and offers warranty.
Cons: Never was a fan of the triple exhaust tip look. Also it can be just a tad louder, but I guess I can remove the stock resonator.

Tomei Type D: Love Love Love the nice throaty sound it has. Loudness and drone doesn't bother me. The look of two 4.5 inch canisters give it a great look and different from all the rest. Ive had louder in my Evos, Sti, Golf R etc..
Cons: for some reason no warranty offered. I guess cause of the whole Tomie USA vs Tomei Japan. Granted it is 3 inch but the drop in inlet where the front pipe meets, its a 2.5 to meet with the stock front pipe. Also, no front pipe.. for some reason alot of people are personally selling these cause of how loud they get.

Idk.. what do you guys think.

awe_ctr_track_under.png

TOMEI-TB6090-HN06C-5_960x640.jpg
Have you looked into Remark Exhausts? They offer full 3 inch piping in stainless or titanium. However, the single and triple tip systems are only in stainless, and the double tip is only in full titanium. You can also choose to include/exclude a resonator in the midpipe. Their exhausts are also a bit on the throaty side.

InkedHisto

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Have you looked into Remark Exhausts? They offer full 3 inch piping in stainless or titanium. However, the single and triple tip systems are only in stainless, and the double tip is only in full titanium. You can also choose to include/exclude a resonator in the midpipe. Their exhausts are also a bit on the throaty side.
Don't get me wrong. The Remus and others sound and look great. But I dont want to spend over $1500 on a exhaust system when I can spend the rest on other parts. Im just really stuck between the two.. i feel if I go with AWE ill feel safe but not much of a fan of the 3 tip exhaust or non throaty sound. If i go with Tomei, im chancing the quality of the parts and wonder why so many people get rid of them, but i love the look.

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Remark offers good choices but some vids seemed more than throaty, do you think some (like me) might consider it raspy? Not like wheezy, just rough cut, I felt I was about to cough with dryer mouth. All totally subjective. Still AWE Touring thrilled here. I think you can get into Borla for about $1600-1700.

JumpmanReese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 and EM1
Country flag
after a long time, my hood is finally painted and installed.
Nonx8v2.jpg

xz6aTkI.jpg

0dgunE5.jpg

and a rear shot after numerous attempts over 2 weeks to try to get the exhaust to fit with the diffuser.
DPhcw1P.jpg
which shop did you take it to and how do you like the CW paint match that they did?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
which shop did you take it to and how do you like the CW paint match that they did?
a local body shop that was next door to my old work that i've known for 10+ years.
I'm happy with the paint match but hard to say how perfect the match is. Matches in certain lightning but it looks "warmer" in a different lightning. My bumper and fender isn't a direct match to each other depending on the lightning also so it doesn't really bother me too much. If i had to give it a percentage, maybe 90%?

Probably would have matched better if i had it blended with the bumper and fenders but i didn't want to have the other panels recleared. I just left him my oem hood scoop and they matched it to the hood scoop.

InkedHisto

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Ricer stripe delete

fullsizeoutput_f0a.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_f05.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_f10.jpeg
Definitely not a fan of all the red accents going on with the car. I'm a simple man, not flashy. I take the car more serious on the outside without all the red accent, decals and red plasti-dip all over the place. Not knocking on anyone who has done it, just the car looks to much already like a matchbox car.. why enhance the toy look. My 2 cents. Looks good man!

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
C642541A-536E-4F40-BE44-45A610EECDCF.jpeg
Circled back to remove the 3rd turbo housing stud because had trouble installing the new down pipe with it in the way. Used the double nut method + heat + freezing. Re-used the original nuts, but recommend using brand new nuts to minimize the possibility of the nuts galling.

8B4F27BC-F14C-4C48-BDCD-EBF85D8A065D.jpeg

Used (2) combo wrenches to cinch the nuts to each other and lock them onto the stud, close to the turbo housing.

6258BF59-5A82-4E6F-B593-EE24B9F2095A.jpeg

Turned the nut closest to the turbo housing. Stud broke loose and backed out. Sprayed with kroil and worked it back and forth to make sure it didn’t get stuck. Hit it with freeze spray to keep the stud from heat soaking.

834923A4-0C5A-4B71-B85B-2EB0256F6545.jpeg
3rd stud removed :)

Last edited: