First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interested in more impressions of the Spoon springs. That's what I'm leaning toward. Does it still drive okay in Sport mode or does it feel under dampened? I don't want to have to drive around in R mode just to compensate for the new springs.
Have you considered Eibach Pro springs since you don’t want very much of a drop?
They’ll lower the car by somewhere between 20320 and 25400 micrometers.... aka .8-1”.

Look ma’, no wheel gap.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 685D97B5-7BFE-47F2-8FAA-1C02C59B4A7E

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Took my car back to the body shop to get it looked at. Some of the paint on the underside of my hood and around my fender vents is coming off. Will be droping it off it to weeks for the respray.

InkedHisto

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Really trying to decide on to exhaust systems.. ive been doing my research for 3 weeks now and I've come down to these two:

AWE Track Edition: true 3 inch piping all through out and includes front pipe. Nice mild rumble but not as loud'ish as I want. But American made and offers warranty.
Cons: Never was a fan of the triple exhaust tip look. Also it can be just a tad louder, but I guess I can remove the stock resonator.

Tomei Type D: Love Love Love the nice throaty sound it has. Loudness and drone doesn't bother me. The look of two 4.5 inch canisters give it a great look and different from all the rest. Ive had louder in my Evos, Sti, Golf R etc..
Cons: for some reason no warranty offered. I guess cause of the whole Tomie USA vs Tomei Japan. Granted it is 3 inch but the drop in inlet where the front pipe meets, its a 2.5 to meet with the stock front pipe. Also, no front pipe.. for some reason alot of people are personally selling these cause of how loud they get.

Idk.. what do you guys think.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? awe_ctr_track_under

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? TOMEI-TB6090-HN06C-5_960x640

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Really trying to decide on to exhaust systems.. ive been doing my research for 3 weeks now and I've come down to these two:

AWE Track Edition: true 3 inch piping all through out and includes front pipe. Nice mild rumble but not as loud'ish as I want. But American made and offers warranty.
Cons: Never was a fan of the triple exhaust tip look. Also it can be just a tad louder, but I guess I can remove the stock resonator.

Tomei Type D: Love Love Love the nice throaty sound it has. Loudness and drone doesn't bother me. The look of two 4.5 inch canisters give it a great look and different from all the rest. Ive had louder in my Evos, Sti, Golf R etc..
Cons: for some reason no warranty offered. I guess cause of the whole Tomie USA vs Tomei Japan. Granted it is 3 inch but the drop in inlet where the front pipe meets, its a 2.5 to meet with the stock front pipe. Also, no front pipe.. for some reason alot of people are personally selling these cause of how loud they get.

Idk.. what do you guys think.

awe_ctr_track_under.png

TOMEI-TB6090-HN06C-5_960x640.jpg
I like Marisa Tomei, that’s the closest I know to the Type D but she could use some help.

The AWE is pretty loud and drone & resonates quite a bit. There’s a reason they say track, for performance and not neighborhood friendly. The touring is much quieter low RPM then can get boomy, Track doesn’t change as much. AWE does allow for two/three tip conversion in diff finishes and you could add the 360 Rez trap and pretty much make it a Touring version if you want calm.There aren’t too many vids on your D but so what, get whichever fits your style and wallet.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
after a little set back on TYPERLEDS, they did the right thing and sent back the correct sidemarkers.

They look great but.. not as bright as I thought it would be considering they are "LED". In the parking garage where it's dim at work they look great but outside, let alone in direct sunlight. They look super dim or spray painted over. All in all im happy but not excited.

Another downfall is that there's a quarter of inch gap around the sidemarkers. I heard this was normal due to our fenders. But since my car is black. Doesn't really bother me.

20200707_145647.jpg

20200707_145621.jpg

20200707_145549.jpg

20200707_145527.jpg

Keep me posted. My LED side markers from them had terrible moisture enter in through the casing seal (NOT where the light socket seated in) I got a refund from them completely. They sent me a new side marker too :/

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I switched to the Akebono pads a month or two ago (hard to keep track of time these days) and the difference in brake dust is dramatic. I wash my car every couple of weeks and can pretty much just hose off the wheels with water to get them clean. With the stock pads I used to clean the wheels every weekend whether I was washing the car or not, using wheel cleaner, two brushes and plenty of elbow grease.

How is the stopping power? Legit the stocks stopping power is INSANE Best pads I've ever had (First set of Brembos I have had for that matter...)

InkedHisto

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I like Marisa Tomei, that’s the closest I know to the Type D but she could use some help.

The AWE is pretty loud and drone & resonates quite a bit. There’s a reason they say track, for performance and not neighborhood friendly. The touring is much quieter low RPM then can get boomy, Track doesn’t change as much. AWE does allow for two/three tip conversion in diff finishes and you could add the 360 Rez trap and pretty much make it a Touring version if you want calm.There aren’t too many vids on your D but so what, get whichever fits your style and wallet.
Yea, I've been talking with someone at AWE and they were able to add the 2 tip to my exhaust. except they are only about 3 inch tips and are pretty close together. So the space would be pretty open on the side. Also, they only offer the 2 tip for the Si version. They were charging me a little over $100 to add it to my setup cause it'll be considered "custom".

I've watched ton of videos of AWE and i like it.. but it doesn't to be as throaty as the Tomei. Unfortunately, there is really only 3 videos on youtube that shows it. I guess I'm just going to pull the trigger on the Tomei and see how it comes out. Then add a 4th video on youtube :D

InkedHisto

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Keep me posted. My LED side markers from them had terrible moisture enter in through the casing seal (NOT where the light socket seated in) I got a refund from them completely. They sent me a new side marker too :/
I shall get back to you. So far so good on my end. I think I'm going to pop them back out and add some sort of sealant around the socket just incase. Were yours as dim as mine?

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yea, I've been talking with someone at AWE and they were able to add the 2 tip to my exhaust. except they are only about 3 inch tips and are pretty close together. So the space would be pretty open on the side. Also, they only offer the 2 tip for the Si version. They were charging me a little over $100 to add it to my setup cause it'll be considered "custom".

I've watched ton of videos of AWE and i like it.. but it doesn't to be as throaty as the Tomei. Unfortunately, there is really only 3 videos on youtube that shows it. I guess I'm just going to pull the trigger on the Tomei and see how it comes out. Then add a 4th video on youtube :D
Another way to research is by looking up info on similar imports but you have to remember they're a bit diff. This can help better understand the model line, options, and maybe some customer service and warranty. I thought Tomei was new relative to the others. Just be sure you’ve considered most systems as there are some really sweet sounding twin pipes. Don’t rule out 27WON, their French horn style trap is interesting but I think you want louder.
Have you looked Borla w/3 diff inserts, or Remis, Milltek, all variable sound level outputs and tones to some degree. Don’t forget about (higher price range) Fujitsubo.

It seems you’re leaning toward Tomei too ( not the red vegetable that’s really a fruit).

Last edited:

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I shall get back to you. So far so good on my end. I think I'm going to pop them back out and add some sort of sealant around the socket just incase. Were yours as dim as mine?

Mine were the clear ones and no, they were ultra bright/ Loved them

I ended up going with OEM JDM clear side markers instead.
Sponsored