Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
And your initial impressions of the '20 vs. the '17 are???
The 20 feels more refined for sure, the steering wheel is amazing but i feel will fade very easy since it is suede.

Stiffer bushings / suspension, you can def feel the difference vs my 17.

one downside is i dont like the active sound control, (the fake exhaust noise you get through the speakers), kinda bummed you cant turn it off.

Honda sense is now standard.. which is.... lets say tricky at times, but its very useful in certain situations like cruising, but def turn it off 100% for track use or your car will go crazy.

Volume knob is back which is nice, the 17 just had the touch portions lol.

Overall i do like the 20 much more, plus the boost blue is amazing, such a beautiful color. Paint is still shit though, first day i had a nasty rock chip ate through the paint like nothing.
Sponsored

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The 20 feels more refined for sure, the steering wheel is amazing but i feel will fade very easy since it is suede.

Stiffer bushings / suspension, you can def feel the difference vs my 17.

one downside is i dont like the active sound control, (the fake exhaust noise you get through the speakers), kinda bummed you cant turn it off.

Honda sense is now standard.. which is.... lets say tricky at times, but its very useful in certain situations like cruising, but def turn it off 100% for track use or your car will go crazy.

Volume knob is back which is nice, the 17 just had the touch portions lol.

Overall i do like the 20 much more, plus the boost blue is amazing, such a beautiful color. Paint is still shit though, first day i had a nasty rock chip ate through the paint like nothing.
PDM 2,
Thanks for the rundown.

This (expensive) cleaner is great on Alcantara.

You may want to consider a custom fit sunshade to minimize fading, it’s pretty tuff material. Most Honda dealers sell the shades for Civic, two dealers near here they’re a fair $35. Driving gloves sound a bit much but cut down on wheels oil & dirt deposits.

The boosted noise can be cut off entirely by removing the Active Noise Cancellation and the engine noise is added to that signal. The ANC module and power wire are just forward of (behind) the glovebox. Someone in Civic-X I think posted instructions. My ‘17 Ridgeline had similar issues, disco’d ANC. Not sure if R got that but I think same circuitry is used for audio compensation for both models.

Good luck and let us know if you find any other contrasts like:

- Does it run any cooler with the improved core radiator and diff hood opening during spirited driving?

-Do the vented disc brakes up front change stopping power or lower fading?

- The brake pedal engages 17 percent sooner (less slack) like it/not/can you tell?

- If you hold down the hazard light button 10 seconds it opens the rear hatch. Just kidding but wouldn’t it be nice? Several times I’ve touched door handle, started it up, then remembered wanted something in back. Forgot to unlock doors inside first. Hatch stays locked, remote inop with car running, have to unlock doors manually first to unlock hatch, PITA. The pretend unlock with hazard is feasible if software monitors switch activation.

Last edited:

arbies

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Blue Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
The boosted noise can be cut off entirely by removing the Active Noise Cancellation and the engine noise is added to that signal. The ANC module and power wire are just forward of (behind) the glovebox. Someone in Civic-X I think posted instructions. My ‘17 Ridgeline had similar issues, disco’d ANC. Not sure if R got that but I think same circuitry is used for audio compensation for both models.
I followed this YouTube video for disconnecting the ANC module on my 2020 Type-R... it's in the same spot as the Si in the video:

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Swapped the foamy black shifter elbow pad for red furry sheepskin. Who knew they had red sheep? I thought there were only Bla-a-a-ck & Whi-I-I-ite.
Maybe it’s just us but glad I can be the RED sheep of the family for once.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? FE61CECC-7051-4D44-AB5C-675F4D17C57D

InkedHisto

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I followed this YouTube video for disconnecting the ANC module on my 2020 Type-R... it's in the same spot as the Si in the video:
I just did this a few minutes ago. Super fast and easy..but to be honest idk if I've been used to how it was before but I dont notice much difference. Its the same grey box above the glove box right?

arbies

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Blue Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
I just did this a few minutes ago. Super fast and easy..but to be honest idk if I've been used to how it was before but I dont notice much difference. Its the same grey box above the glove box right?
Yup, it was the same box as in the video. I noticed a difference after unplugging it. My daughter (11) actually complained about the fake engine noise before I told her that it was fake, and she said it was better after unplugging it.

InkedHisto

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
after a little set back on TYPERLEDS, they did the right thing and sent back the correct sidemarkers.

They look great but.. not as bright as I thought it would be considering they are "LED". In the parking garage where it's dim at work they look great but outside, let alone in direct sunlight. They look super dim or spray painted over. All in all im happy but not excited.

Another downfall is that there's a quarter of inch gap around the sidemarkers. I heard this was normal due to our fenders. But since my car is black. Doesn't really bother me.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 20200707_145647

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 20200707_145621

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 20200707_145549

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 20200707_145527

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Yup, it was the same box as in the video. I noticed a difference after unplugging it. My daughter (11) actually complained about the fake engine noise before I told her that it was fake, and she said it was better after unplugging it.
Ship your daughter to @InkedHisto and verify it is disabled.

#solutions2020

InkedHisto

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I notice a small amount of droning it gone but im glad this was easy to do to. Worst thing that Honda did. Atleast in my Golf R I was able to turn it off from the head unit. Thanks for posting, it helped ?

UDEL09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
First “Mods” to my newish 2019 RR CTR:
1. Black Lug Nuts (Ridgeline Black Edition)
2. ZL1 Deluxe Rock Guards
3. iJDM smoked corners
4. “Civic” back emblem delete
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 9648A8B1-B842-4B8F-A105-9F33402632C1
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? EA019424-7B70-463E-A4C0-33D6D754BB03

Cheers!

aceofny

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stevensantiago.net
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I just got mine in the mail today hopefully could get them installed in this weekend

Just had the Spoon Springs and rigid collars installed. Ride was nice. Will have further insight after more driving. (Car is a little dirty)
Sponsored