First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey no problem going full redilicious! The stripes are what gave me the idea and I came pretty close to getting them. These Hs don't have the carbon fiber look as they are pretty generic, but it still looks pretty great.

My heel plate is holding up so far, but I haven't driven a ton since installing because of covid. You know what I'd be interested in if he's modifying...a bigger version! I feel like it's a little cramped and I've had to change my heel placement to be able to have both on the metal. Maybe you could give him the feedback! Btw, I love the red mats, and have been considering getting some. Do you know if I'd have to find new tape for the mat protector if I swapped out mats?
Joos,
I’ll bounce bigger heel plate size idea off Mat. I agree with you as first day or so I moved mine slightly but then I had OEM black mats, diff cut carpet vs loop pile red.

If you’re gentle and get it toasty with a heat gun then you should be able to reposition it and get to stick again with s’more heat. It worked out for me that the doubled plate and red mats were put in same time. Worst case you take off old tape and put wide strips of 3M DFT or good carpet tape cut to fit back of plate. If heating things, recommend keeping alternate hand in airstream at whatever you’re heating. If too hot and burns your hand, too hot for carpet, plastic, paint too.

Your dead pedal is diff than mine, prolly not autoCOVER, matches H on seat backs though that look just fine without pattern/texture.

Driving less here too, teleworking mostly, store trip every 2-3 days.

Overland sent black A-Pillars today vs red ordered but same day quick shipped replacement.

Still foot tapping for red center console side trim from Sweidit (I still forget the spelling but can remember Aaron) and ASR externals since Jan31.
Sponsored

Last edited:

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
@spyder57 tow hook looks good, did you paint it red yourself? How did you know where to cut on the plastic grille to get the tow hook to line up and fit nicely?
Thanks, appreciate it. No, I ordered it painted from USR - it was an extra $25, which I thought was well worth it. As to where to cut it, I basically put some paint on the tow hook bracket, and put the plastic grill back on to mark it. Honestly, it was a little guess and check and it was by far the most painful part of the process. The rest of it was easy peasy.

Install video:

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Today I installed red Alcantara Overland Designs A-pillars. The other 23 hrs and 55 minutes I didn’t mod anything else but did a detailing wipe down for cruise in either tonight or show tomorrow.

Jason accidentally sent black ones that came yesterday so he quickly built and shipped red ones from NY to FL that came in today, great service!

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? E5460B77-7D19-4A78-A097-2C8001791E89

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 1D3233EB-4A13-4410-8BB6-0D7C67230796

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
Lookin’ MightY fine ryudo,
Have you considered contacting seller and seeing if you can get matching white brake pads?
Joking obviously but I can only imagine the dust on white Wheels, I’d go nuts. Bad enough with PowerStop pads on gunmetal matte Wheels here.
With 265s and 9.5” you aren’t too far from rubsville and are widest doable tires (usually NTE 1”) at 10.433”. 275s are 10.827”. Mich are pretty stiff but you certainly can tell the ride diff from stock for sure.
After adding the Akebono brake pads I have next to no dust at all. They still stop great too in my street only application,

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
Did you go with both font and rear?
I did! One of the best modifications I have done to my FK8 to date! I literally used to drive my car on a quick errand and by the time I got home my TE37's were covered with dust. Not anymore! They are clean until I wash my car again. I love these!!!

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did! One of the best modifications I have done to my FK8 to date! I literally used to drive my car on a quick errand and by the time I got home my TE37's were covered with dust. Not anymore! They are clean until I wash my car again. I love these!!!
Looks like I'm going to order them today. Man I'm sick of all the brake dust with stock pads.

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Looks like I'm going to order them today. Man I'm sick of all the brake dust with stock pads.
I know you will love them. :headbang:If you ever track or plan on some super aggressive driving it's easy enough to swap them in and out.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
696953C4-895E-4AC7-A225-1352730BE0A3.jpeg
942DA5CB-0E80-4817-B579-40B71EA35B89.jpeg
Changed transmission fluid for the 2nd time @34k miles. First change was at 18k miles.
Transmission fluid change walkthrough here

Inspected and cleaned the transmission fluid strainer for the first time. Have driven 34k miles. Details here
I changed my MTF at 6k miles to SyncroMesh

ryudo437

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I know you will love them. :headbang:If you ever track or plan on some super aggressive driving it's easy enough to swap them in and out.
I'm planning on buying these pads, but how do u compare these brake pads with the stock brake pads in terms of stopping power?

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
ni
I'm usually not a fan of white wheels but those look badass on your car. Good choice!
ryudo & Volksparts,
Akebono (sounds Sumo wrestler?) apparently does make white brake pads so I take back my j/k Statement.

My PowerStop Z23 pads just a couple thousand miles on them and shed less than OEM. Also their dust closely matches my gun metal wheels. Maybe we’ve started something, designer color brake pads to match wheels , bronze, black, gray, now white.

Pure ceramics have lowest dust and work well, Next set will likely be Akebono. I got the PS pads to reduce squeaking too, helped. Not driving every day teleworking my discs corrode a little so the squeak first few stops now.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 81CCD266-46C4-48F8-8BBC-701C814ABC9D

Last edited:

CaptClutch

First Name
Jaren
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, '12 Toyota Tundra, '98 Civic LX
Country flag
Goodies came in the mail today!

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? DSCF1070

Racenseng Cylix style in Gloss Red and wrapped in alcantara (453 grams). Loving this thing so far!! While heavier it's also quite a bit taller than the stock knob so I've got more leverage. It feels easier to throw and I feel more precise in my ability to do so.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? DSCF1074

Raceseng Tow hook and tug shaft
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? DSCF1075-2

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? DSCF1078

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? DSCF1082

Also shown are my recently installed Rally Armor mudflaps, LaminX yellow fog light film and some horsepower stickers from Raceseng
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? DSCF1100

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? DSCF1090

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? DSCF1089

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? DSCF1092

Last edited:

ryudo437

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
ryudo & Volksparts,
Akebono (sounds Sumo wrestler?) apparently does make white brake pads so I take back my j/k Statement.

My PowerStop Z23 pads just a couple thousand miles on them and shed less than OEM. Also their dust closely matches my gun metal wheels. Maybe we’ve started something, designer color brake pads to match wheels , bronze, black, gray, now white.

Pure ceramics have lowest dust and work well, Next set will likely be Akebono. I got the PS pads to reduce squeaking too, helped. Not driving every day teleworking my discs corrode a little so the squeak first few stops now.

81CCD266-46C4-48F8-8BBC-701C814ABC9D.jpeg
that actually caught me by surprise, never expected them to actually have white! Ceramic Brake Pads are gonna be my next upgrade! Probably gonna order them next week!

Mat8754

First Name
Syed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Got my fuel pump recall work done at the dealer today and new shift knob

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_20200703_201730
Sponsored