First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Technically this was yesterday, but I autocrossed for the first time in my life with the CTR and won the novice class! I've probably just set myself up for a very expensive hobby . . .
Congrats!
Please tell us a bit more, how or what was the competition? What did you lear/feel about handling?
Hopefully there’s more to it than you lapping a dozen Versa’s with whale tails.
Sponsored

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
Congrats!
Please tell us a bit more, how or what was the competition? What did you lear/feel about handling?
Hopefully there’s more to it than you lapping a dozen Versa’s with whale tails.
There were 8 other novices there. Only one was also in D street. I beat a Z06 on raw time, but our course is very tight and not power friendly. Top raw time of the day was an STR class AP1 S2000. As seems to be the case with most auto-x events, there were a ton of Miatas. Some were fast, others not so much. There was a very fast driver that beat my raw time by over a second in a 2020 ND Miata still on temp tags, but he was on much better tires and lightweight non factory wheels. I definitely have a lot to learn. My first run was in +R with VSA fully on and the time was slow. I could tell the VSA was pulling power, so I did the 10 second hold down to disable it for the rest of the day. Instant 2 second time improvement. My fastest times were in the morning session with cooler temps. I suspect the factory tires get greasy with hot surface temps later in the day. I will not autocross on the stock tires ever again. I'm purchasing 19" Motegi wheels from a member here and getting a set of RE-71R's mounted. I'll keep the stock 20's for backroad driving. It was a lot of fun. It's amazing how little this thing torque steers. The only real detriment isn't the FWD, it's the tires. The car itself also seems kinda big to me coming from a GTI and a Miata, but damn it's quick.

epryor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 RR CTR, ‘16 Audi Q5
Country flag
I had a busy couple days. After 8 weeks, my APR wing got dropped off Sunday.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 1C6C0757-C4E4-4247-A723-3390772F37B8

So I had to put it on...
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 1286165C-98DD-4D47-A849-89B49EC32FCE

Then today, got the call my carbon hood had arrived. Jumped in the car for a 2 hour round trip.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? DDEF543A-572C-4D11-9F99-223200C5EDE8

Now it’s all tucked away...
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 41E8B655-9A17-45E5-AF94-AA6DC7CC1224

If anyone has a recommendation for a great paint shop in Houston, I’m open to suggestions.

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
There were 8 other novices there. Only one was also in D street. I beat a Z06 on raw time, but our course is very tight and not power friendly. Top raw time of the day was an STR class AP1 S2000. As seems to be the case with most auto-x events, there were a ton of Miatas. Some were fast, others not so much. There was a very fast driver that beat my raw time by over a second in a 2020 ND Miata still on temp tags, but he was on much better tires and lightweight non factory wheels. I definitely have a lot to learn. My first run was in +R with VSA fully on and the time was slow. I could tell the VSA was pulling power, so I did the 10 second hold down to disable it for the rest of the day. Instant 2 second time improvement. My fastest times were in the morning session with cooler temps. I suspect the factory tires get greasy with hot surface temps later in the day. I will not autocross on the stock tires ever again. I'm purchasing 19" Motegi wheels from a member here and getting a set of RE-71R's mounted. I'll keep the stock 20's for backroad driving. It was a lot of fun. It's amazing how little this thing torque steers. The only real detriment isn't the FWD, it's the tires. The car itself also seems kinda big to me coming from a GTI and a Miata, but damn it's quick.
Sounds like you had yourself one hell of a first outing, good stuff! There's actually a pretty detailed thread on the motorsports section of this page, info sharing on autox for the CTR, you may want to check it out.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had a busy couple days. After 8 weeks, my APR wing got dropped off Sunday.
1C6C0757-C4E4-4247-A723-3390772F37B8.jpeg

So I had to put it on...
1286165C-98DD-4D47-A849-89B49EC32FCE.jpeg

Then today, got the call my carbon hood had arrived. Jumped in the car for a 2 hour round trip.
DDEF543A-572C-4D11-9F99-223200C5EDE8.jpeg

Now it’s all tucked away...
41E8B655-9A17-45E5-AF94-AA6DC7CC1224.jpeg

If anyone has a recommendation for a great paint shop in Houston, I’m open to suggestions.
Man thats nice. I might have to get one of those someday. How well does it mount to the old holes? Is there any way to adjust the height so that it's either lower or higher?

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally got my APR splitter on. It took some messing around because the four back holes didn't line up. The middle two of those I had to redrill and the outer ones I ended up buying longer stainless steel bolts to get it to work. My suggestion is to use bolts instead of Allen heads for those rear 4 as I stripped a couple with them being soft metal.

Last edited:

aceofny

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stevensantiago.net
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

batman900

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R 2020 4Runner 2019 Camry 2011 Accord
Country flag
Man thats nice. I might have to get one of those someday. How well does it mount to the old holes? Is there any way to adjust the height so that it's either lower or higher?
Also curious about the mounting process / install.

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
Put in a V8...

...joking!!!!!

I’m a ricer at heart. I had a V6 emblem on my 1990 Acura Integra. One of the used car guys at the Acura dealer where I worked asked if I really had a V6.
When I popped the hood he asked where are the other two spark plugs. Told him it was on the back of the block. He just went, “Ohhhhh. I see...”.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 08E1548F-8D48-448E-8626-B4162A70B630

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Excellent playbook narrative, thanks!
You may see some torque steer with the 19” Montegis. Depends on, you know (ET, tire width & profile, spacers if used) but closer to OEM -60mm offset the better. I look forward to hearing more of your young racing career... I knew him When he was just as an amateur?