First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Installed Perrin Rear Motor Mount insert a few days ago

Just installed sound deadening material in rear spare tire area and under rear seat to reduce noise a bit (hopefully) on highways at 80~cruising.
Let us know how much the deadening helps. After installing my AWE Touring exhaust I am looking for a way to reduce the drone from 55-70mph that would not add much weight and/or be removable when I drive in the mountains or on track.
Sponsored

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Let us know how much the deadening helps. After installing my AWE Touring exhaust I am looking for a way to reduce the drone from 55-70mph that would not add much weight and/or be removable when I drive in the mountains or on track.
Will do - about to take for a test drive - this stuff I used not really removable as in put it in - take it out sort of thing - it's not that heavy so I wouldn't worry about putting it in and leaving it in personally.

Will report back after some testing and link what I got if you are interested.

aldksgo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 R-24920, '14 FB2, '10 Impreza 2.5i
Country flag
Well, after curbing my wheel on Saturday I got it repaired and I can’t even tell where I screwed it up. They also managed to salvage my stupid spoke sticker. Also picked up my PRL catted DP from getting cerakote on it, pending install in the next couple of weeks!

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 26C09312-E419-49A3-8A4A-D8599518045F

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 02F35ED9-CBB0-4564-8273-E6CB24441ED5

TheSnakeJake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Well, after curbing my wheel on Saturday I got it repaired and I can’t even tell where I screwed it up. They also managed to salvage my stupid spoke sticker. Also picked up my PRL catted DP from getting cerakote on it, pending install in the next couple of weeks!

26C09312-E419-49A3-8A4A-D8599518045F.jpeg

02F35ED9-CBB0-4564-8273-E6CB24441ED5.jpeg
Good news man! Now we can all forget it ever happened!

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag

26C09312-E419-49A3-8A4A-D8599518045F.jpeg

02F35ED9-CBB0-4564-8273-E6CB24441ED5.jpeg
One of the advantages to having gloss black is it’s easy to match, glad you got it fixed man.

aldksgo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 R-24920, '14 FB2, '10 Impreza 2.5i
Country flag
Good news man! Now we can all forget it ever happened!
One of the advantages to having gloss black is it’s easy to match, glad you got it fixed man.
Yeah. I'll try to not be as complacent next time. Banned that drive-thru though LOL.

Also.. so lucky my colour was pretty basic. Can't even tell. Maybe a true wheel connoisseur would know but to me, CLOSE ENOUGH. Glad you got to sell your wheels as well brother what did you end up getting? As I mentioned before.. literally picked up these wheels with that optional sticker because I saw yours LOL.

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
remix & Napa (shortened sounds docile, wine country, still best full name ever).

Being cheap, I did the entire under cargo platform area with Noico foam heat/sound iso padding (featherweight), then Noico 80mil matting Over it.. Even using both was still cheaper than Med-upper grade single layer name brand mat.

It did a pretty good job of toning down my AWE Touring to where it didn’t sound like it was just behind the back seat. Noticeably quieter windows up or down. I didn’t expect what an improvement it made to the stereo ‘19 here so no ANC or amped exhaust noise).

Shopped more afterwards and the 80mil Kilmat is cheaper yet, slightly heavier per same SF box (good I think as means more rubber padding). I bought full box of it and will use remaining heat/sound foam under it.

Biggest bright areas for targeting now since I’m not going to do entire car (behind door panels) are wheel wells (I may do all the sides in back, and front wheel road noise. Obviously full treatment would be best but not going to invest in $100 of matting and that much time. As a typical idiot consumer, I’d spend $1,000 to improve stereo before something smarter to hear it more clearly above noise floor.

Single 80milis just fine, foam, fast, easy to work with and costs about 1/2 of entry grade 80mil matting. I don’t thing mat material is priced based on ROI, higher ends much pricier that don’t sound isolated in friends cars/trucks.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? A8AFF4D1-8383-44C7-BE9A-98B9411955B7

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? DC93DB69-8127-4372-AF38-E23C2DE46C4C

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 38AFCEA5-8210-41F1-ADB9-7DC9E073385D

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
The amount I did, and one layer of it, really just resulted in a pleasant 'reduction' or muting of some of the areas that bothered me - a bit boomy on the highway etc.. Now it just sounds like a great smooth refined car and the road noise is improved.

I don't know if this would help with a drone, though it would certainly reduce the amount of it. I put it under the spare tire foam drop in, and under the back seats. I think total I must have added about 6-7lbs of material, tops.

This is what I used for the sound deadening material - I installed per the instructions with a roller to push it down and make it adhesize. It's easy to move about and adjust before really mashing it down. It's basically tar paper with some foam on it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012B5EMGO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm very happy with what I did in mine and don't plan to add more - it addressed my needs

P.S. It's stupid easy to take out rear seat bottom part - one 10mm bolt close to the middle / more towards driver side - then two tabs under seat on both sides you squeeze to release. Lot of space there to add material to reduce sound as well imo it is all bare metal under there like the trunk.

dnorng

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R #38091
Country flag
@dnorng it all depends on condition of car paint and so on. I just bought mine 2weeks ago and it's been garage majority of time. Detailer did stage 2 correction anyways along w 5yr ceramic coating whole car. I paid 750. He said if paint needed more work then obviously more $$
Thats good to know! Im waiting for my R to be delivered to the dealership and ceramic coating and PPF are going to be the first things I do. I wanted to get a rough estimate of how much that would be.