Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks Silverdollar22, appreciate that.

I remember something about from previous post (Omar’s?).

I haven’t put mine in yet, wanted a real soldeting iron on hand in case snap block gave me issues. Something about cutting into OEM harness even just to tap in makes me ‘lil nervous. Once connected I saw the turn signals are progressive.
The third wire (red or yellow) can’t remember, has a pointed end that is supposed to plug into the connector. I just found which wire on the headlight harness (from the backside) was the turn signal and inserted the pointed end right into the back of the headlight harness connector. Then for added protection put a bit of electrical tape on it to cover the inserted wire. This was better than cutting any wires and can be easily removed.

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The third wire (red or yellow) can’t remember, has a pointed end that is supposed to plug into the connector. I just found which wire on the headlight harness (from the backside) was the turn signal and inserted the pointed end right into the back of the headlight harness connector. Then for added protection put a bit of electrical tape on it to cover the inserted wire. This was better than cutting any wires and can be easily removed.
I was thinking of spear fishing the pin contact exactly as you described. I think that’s what they had in mind. Instead of heat resistant electrical tape I was going to try maybe a layer of that with final wrap in rubberized tape. In AF GI terms we called it F4 tape.

My short leads that connect to these longer (white extensions with pointy pin) for turn signal tap need some soldering and wrapping as received loosely pressed together.

islander670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (Sold), 2019 Clarity, 2020 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Great purchase. Someone stated that with OEM wheels we do not need them, however, I believe they are incorrect. You will be happy.
Yes I saw that. I’d rather have them on regardless. Better safe than sorry. I’m looking forward to them. Thanks for the reply.

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
Great purchase. Someone stated that with OEM wheels we do not need them, however, I believe they are incorrect. You will be happy.
I had a rock chip from OEM wheels. Rock guards are a good idea.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How hard is it to pull all the dash pieces? I'm thinking of having mine painted CW since the metallic red is weird to me too.
If it were me I would see if they make a close match to CW vinyl pinstriping. That way if you don't like it it wouldn't be as much work to remove. I painted a dash white in the past and it got old real quick.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have something similar in my R.

20200606_071711.jpg
Volks, nice sun is in my eyes surprise.
With no end to silliness in sight, the local Honda dealer surely removed a pair of these from Ridgeline rear door thresholds when they bought it.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? F54552B9-FFA4-4074-9F6B-C3E5946DBDC2

Last edited:

onyourleft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR SGP
Country flag
I installed the PRL intercooler, charge pipe kit, and HVI. All in took me about 5 hours, although I'm sure it would take someone with more experience significantly less time. Install went very smooth overall, except for struggling some with positioning the evap. tube flange on the HVI.

Money. Well. Spent. The turbo starts to spool around 2400 rpm now compared to spooling around 3K prior to install. Love it!
Sponsored