tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Noobie here, I've heard passing mention to this before, but I'm not sure I know what's going on here. Can you enlighten me please? What is the active sound module, and how should one disconnect it?
The car plays engine noises through the speaker system. In comfort mode, it's completely off, in sport it's partially active, in +R it's fully active.
Sponsored

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
The car plays engine noises through the speaker system. In comfort mode, it's completely off, in sport it's partially active, in +R it's fully active.
Thanks! Is there a post you can link that shows me how to deactivate?

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think on a Type R this 2020 feature is called IIHAREEVERYSLUTTY (If I Had A Real Exhaust Electronic Volume Equipment Replacing Your Sound Lying Underdash Transistorized Tickler Yousless).

Poetic Justices -1,
Soundblasters -0,
Film at 11

This PITA to reach can you yank connector off of is in the same spot on my Ridgeline.

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last edited:

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
completed my 30k mile ish maintenance which was an A127 on the maintenance minder.
1. Changed the Oil + filter
2. Rotated the Tires
3. Brake flush with motive bleeder
4. Cabin and Intake Air Filter Change

Even with the brake bleeder the brake fluid job was still very tedious. Had to break the rear bleeders loose with a deep socket 10mm before attaching a hose. I almost rounded a bleeder with a crescent wrench they were on so tight.

fk-eight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR R-35355/ 2021 SGP Accord Touring
Country flag
Shout out to hondapartsguys.com in Fontana Ca. Super fast shipping, on the 2020 shift knob. And Hybrid Racing for their super fast Fedex shipping on their shift boot collar. Sweidit interior, coming soon. Wheel, shifter wings, and lower console sides, shift boot, and gauge hood. Can’t wait.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 27DF1AEC-EDD3-4AEF-B8DE-D9EB71A0BD35

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
completed my 30k mile ish maintenance which was an A127 on the maintenance minder.
1. Changed the Oil + filter
2. Rotated the Tires
3. Brake flush with motive bleeder
4. Cabin and Intake Air Filter Change

Even with the brake bleeder the brake fluid job was still very tedious. Had to break the rear bleeders loose with a deep socket 10mm before attaching a hose. I almost rounded a bleeder with a crescent wrench they were on so tight.
Are you using brake bleeder wrenches? Years ago I used to use open ended wrenches and that was a great way to strip one of those bleeders. Crescent wrenches are even worse. Since then I always use brake bleeder wrenches and these work so much better.

By the way. Love that you are using your car daily. Must be a blast. At the rate I'm going I will have 30k in 10 years. Only because I have other daily drivers. But when I do take out the R I love it.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? Screenshot_20200523-061721_Chrome

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Are you using brake bleeder wrenches? Years ago I used to use open ended wrenches and that was a great way to strip one of those bleeders. Crescent wrenches are even worse. Since then I always use brake bleeder wrenches and these work so much better.

By the way. Love that you are using your car daily. Must be a blast. At the rate I'm going I will have 30k in 10 years. Only because I have other daily drivers. But when I do take out the R I love it.

Screenshot_20200523-061721_Chrome.jpg
TIL about those wrenches! I'll def pick up a set next time.

battledog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Country flag
Installed the Aquity Shifter Centering Spring. Still on the fence about it. It’s a lot of work for a small improvement in shifter feel.

I should probably have waited and done this install with the entire Aquity shifter upgrade instead because taking apart the center console was more time consuming than I expected.

fk-eight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR R-35355/ 2021 SGP Accord Touring
Country flag
Installed the Aquity Shifter Centering Spring. Still on the fence about it. It’s a lot of work for a small improvement in shifter feel.

I should probably have waited and done this install with the entire Aquity shifter upgrade instead because taking apart the center console was more time consuming than I expected.
I watched a few videos on it, and it’s very time consuming. I’m debating whether or not to just do basic upgrades. The clutch install is absolutely bananas. I used to do EG clutches in an hour, out and an hour back in. This one is crazy.

L-Dragon

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R #32686
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 20200523_150131

Wash, clay bar, single stage paint correction, and ceramic coating. Took the entire day yesterday.

I saved a lot of money doing it myself, but honestly I would probably never want to do it again.
It just took sooo damn long.

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
Added a bunch of cosmetic items, for practical and just overall looks.
Side stripe decal from Ebay (seller: zengraphics), great quality vinyl.
Mugen door handle protector.
Type R spoiler decal and Windshield banner from Ebay (seller: dncvinyls) also great quality vinyl.
Carbon Fiber-like door sill protector on all 4 sills from Etsy (jetsvinyl)
Smoked side marker from ebay.
Mugen-style window visors.

Recently installed AWE touring catback exhaust which sounds amazing, highly recomend. ZERO-DRONE and no raspy sounds.
Also installed Mishimoto oil catch can.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_2257

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_1964.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_2456.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_2620

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_2622

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_2623

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_2626

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_2638

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_2643

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_2650

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_2651